Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 05:10:24:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653533 Posts in 297932 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump- Political Damage in Explaining Why He Won't Release Taxes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Trump- Political Damage in Explaining Why He Won't Release Taxes  (Read 15 times)
wvit1001

« on: 07 25, 16, 11:26:42:AM » Reply

Trump Cites Possible Political Damage in Explaining Why He Won't Release Taxes

For months, Donald Trump has insisted that he would not release his tax returns while under audit ― a position seconded by tax lawyers, though one that the IRS has said is not necessary.

In an interview with Fox News on Wednesday, the presumptive Republican nominee continued to make the argument it was the IRS audit preventing him from disclosing the finite details of his personal finances ― from the tax breaks he took, to the charitable donations he’s made. But in a telling aside, Trump seemed to admit that he wasn’t disclosing his returns because of the political damage he feared they would inflict. 

“Mitt Romney didn’t want to give his tax returns” in 2012, Trump said of the previous Republican presidential candidate. “He fought like crazy. Then [Sen.] Harry Reid lied, told a total lie in the Senate, a vicious lie that was untrue. And then Mitt Romney, very, very late, decided to give his tax returns. Now, remember this, I’m under audit. It’s a routine audit. Nobody would do that while they’re under audit and everybody understands that. But let me tell you, he gave those tax returns and they were absolutely fine. He was destroyed. They went through his returns, which were peanuts compared to what I have. You saw the stacks of paper. He gave his returns, and they found little items, little items in those returns that were nothing.” 

Trump’s reference is to an episode in which Reid said he had heard from an investor at Bain Capital, Romney’s old private equity firm, that Romney had paid no taxes for 10 years. Romney denied the accusation and denounced Reid. He ended up producing 1.5 years of filings showing that he had paid a tax rate of roughly 14 percent ― in other words, extremely low. For that, Romney endured difficult headlines.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-taxes_us_5786c48ce4b08608d332ec4c
gwboolean

« Reply #1 on: 07 25, 16, 11:29:05:AM » Reply

My own hypothesis is that instead of hiding the fact he cheats and is hiding things he has done, he is trying to hide that he is actually not a billionaire and is the loser we all know he actually is.
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #2 on: 07 25, 16, 11:30:25:AM » Reply

Funny thing about taxes, everyone pays the same on taxable income.
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #3 on: 07 25, 16, 11:31:43:AM » Reply

They want revelations while supporting the communist bitch that reveals nothing without a court order.

Bizarre
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 07 25, 16, 11:34:19:AM » Reply

Hillary released her tax returns boz.
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 07 25, 16, 11:35:22:AM » Reply

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/page/tax-returns/
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump- Political Damage in Explaining Why He Won't Release Taxes
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory