Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 06:49:48:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662981 Posts in 298832 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The Daily Show asked NRA members if they support gun control — 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: The Daily Show asked NRA members if they support gun control —  (Read 2163 times)
wvit1001

« on: 05 25, 16, 10:41:48:AM » Reply

If any single place in America opposed gun control last week, it should have been Louisville, Kentucky. That's where the National Rifle Association (NRA) held its big national meeting on guns and firearm policy this May.

But when The Daily Show sent Desi Lydic to talk to NRA members and get their views, she heard some surprising answers — specifically about universal background checks, which America doesn't have nationwide due to all the loopholes in federal laws.

She asked, "So what kind of limitations should we have on guns?" One man responded, "Universal background checks. You know, paperwork on fully automatics." As for whether he'd call that gun control, he said, "I'd call it common sense."

She tried again — with an older NRA member who said that "there's no reason to regulate anything": "Do you support background checks?" He said, "Certainly." She pushed, "For everybody?" He said, "Everybody." When asked if he'd consider it gun control, he said no.

According to a May 2012 survey, 82 percent of gun owners and 74 percent of current and former NRA members support universal background checks. Another nationwide poll of gun owners and NRA members from November 2015 found similar levels of support for universal background checks.

http://www.vox.com/2016/5/25/11767402/nra-guns-daily-show

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/xzgbgu/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-nra-members-weigh-in-on-gun-control
Sadie402

« Reply #1 on: 05 25, 16, 10:46:01:AM » Reply

You will hear only crickets on this one.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #2 on: 05 25, 16, 05:20:27:PM » Reply

6 hours later...

Sadie is right, again.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 05 25, 16, 05:29:08:PM » Reply

Desi Lydic wow wet-xxxx you outdone your own stupidity on this one, an actress from make believe acting to a full fledged news reporter is that right lefties!
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 05 25, 16, 05:40:16:PM » Reply

I notice you don't address the topic blammey.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 05 25, 16, 05:42:27:PM » Reply

I don't address comedy, wet-xxxx.
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 05 25, 16, 05:42:50:PM » Reply

How about this poll that says the same thing.  Since you don't like the reporter in video.

In July 2012, the Republican pollster Frank Luntz conducted a poll of gun owners on behalf of Mayors Against Illegal Guns (a predecessor to Everytown for Gun Safety, which is a seed donor to The Trace). Luntz's firm found 74 percent of NRA members favored background checks for every gun transaction.

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/11/gun-owners-poll-nra-universal-background-checks/
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 05 25, 16, 05:44:38:PM » Reply

Is this guy more to your liking blammey?

Frank I. Luntz (born February 23, 1962) is an American political consultant, pollster, and "public opinion guru" best known for developing talking points and other messaging for various Republican causes. His work has included assistance with messaging for Newt Gingrich's Contract with America, promotion of the terms death tax instead of estate tax and climate change instead of global warming, and public relations support for pro-Israel policies in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 05 25, 16, 05:53:40:PM » Reply

I am an NRA member wvit I support back ground checks as they are now.
When I sale one of my guns there are two hand written receipts, then it's off to the gun dealer for a background check for a slight fee for their time.

That protects  me and removes the gun from my name.
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 05 25, 16, 05:55:54:PM » Reply

you're in the minority then.  I notice you're not addressing the topic again.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 05 25, 16, 06:01:19:PM » Reply

Not the least bit interested in universal back ground checks for gun purchases. Now when the government comes up with universal back grounds checks for car buying and home buying, then get back with me!

Universal backgrounds checks should be mandatory for car buyers as 2015 seen around 38,300 deaths and 4.4 million injured!
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 05 25, 16, 06:04:53:PM » Reply

you're just all over the place with you're stuff aren't you blammey?  when one of your arguments turns to crap you just start blabbering about something else.

hahahahahahahhahahahahaha
Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The Daily Show asked NRA members if they support gun control —
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory