Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 08:26:42:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653414 Posts in 297919 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Gun Control Laws DO WORK!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3  Print
Author Topic: Gun Control Laws DO WORK!!!  (Read 140 times)
wvit1001

« Reply #24 on: 04 29, 16, 12:05:29:PM » Reply

you guys seem to be against anything that would cause gun violence to drop.  your answer to all the gun issues involves more guns.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #25 on: 04 29, 16, 01:49:46:PM » Reply

Yet, you have failed to prove any gun control law reduces crime!
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #26 on: 04 29, 16, 01:51:09:PM » Reply

Davik does that "study" prove that each and everyone of the criminals involved were prohibited persons who purchased firearms legally?

Bear in mind this alleged study was conducted on the premise that people shouldn't have the right to defend their lives from home invaders!
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #27 on: 04 29, 16, 01:53:23:PM » Reply

CCW permit holders who carry have done more to reduce crime than the police, wvit.   Just the facts.
wvit1001

« Reply #28 on: 04 29, 16, 02:11:07:PM » Reply

Between 2007 and 2010, there were 121,084 firearms fatalities from suicide and homicide in the United States (the researchers excluded accidental shootings). Of these, 73,702 were suicides and 47,382 were homicides.

Reducing the number of suicides by limiting people's access to guns would be huge.

The states in the top 25 percent of gun legislation strength had a 42 percent reduction in gun deaths compared with the states in the bottom 25 percent. That number included a 40 percent drop in homicides and a 37 percent drop in suicides.

In absolute terms, the states with the strongest laws had 6.64 fewer deaths per 100,000 residents than the states with the weakest.

Notably, when gun violence was lower, other types of violence did not go up, suggesting people without guns do not kill themselves or others by other means, Fleegler said. In the case of suicide, Fleegler said, studies show that few people who fail at their first suicide attempt will successfully kill themselves later. But if the first attempt involves firearms, it has about an 85 percent likelihood of being lethal. If it involves other means, that rate is about 2 percent.

States with more gun laws have lower rates of household gun ownership as well as lower rates of gun violence. States with the most laws have gun ownership rates of around 20 percent, while states with the least have rates as high as 70 percent.

Effects of a research freeze

The researchers "did well with the data available to them," but were limited by the years-long freeze in gun violence research enacted by Congress in the 1990s, which forbids the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) from funding research that could be used to promote gun control.

http://www.livescience.com/27740-gun-laws-deaths-study.html
D2D

« Reply #29 on: 04 29, 16, 02:13:12:PM » Reply

NO!

It would merely alter the method of suicide!

Those who commit suicide are determined to do so and banning guns would only alter the method of suicide while leading to the needless deaths of 329,500 Americans annually!
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #30 on: 04 29, 16, 02:13:38:PM » Reply

CCW permit holders who carry have done more to reduce crime than the police, wvit.   Just the facts.
HK91-762mm

FreePeople are Not Equal,Equal people are Not Free

« Reply #31 on: 04 29, 16, 02:18:05:PM » Reply

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over an expecting a different result !!

Arguing gun rights over and over again here  with Wvitt -Davic-Hawks -  JW  -Fits that profile !!

* shoot center mass.jpg (61.65 KB, 960x640 - viewed 0 times.)

* sight radius.jpg (63.55 KB, 960x660 - viewed 0 times.)
D2D

« Reply #32 on: 04 29, 16, 10:01:09:PM » Reply

MISCELLANEOUS STATISTICS
Number of firearms in America: Between 223,000,000 (527) and 290,000,000 (528)
Number of firearm owning households: At least 50,600,000 (529)
Projected firearm owning households in America: 60-85 million
Number of guns used in crimes: 450,000 (530)
Percentage of guns used in crimes: 0.09%

(527) Guns Used in Crime, Bureau of Justice Statistics, Marianne W. Zawitz, 1995.
(528) Small Arms Survey, Graduate Institute of International Studies, 2008
(529) Surveys show a “reported” ownership rate of 46%, but it is universally believed that these surveys under-reported
    (i.e., people that own firearms don’t want to admit so to a pollster). This is validated by surveys performed by the
    National Opinion Research Center. They perform their surveys face-to-face at the respondent’s home, and routinely
    have reported gun ownership rates 3-6% lower than telephone based surveys.
(530) Ibid.
wvit1001

« Reply #33 on: 04 29, 16, 10:43:43:PM » Reply

if we could just get irresponsible gun owners to take some responsibility it might keep lots of kids and other from accidentally shooting themselves or others.
D2D

« Reply #34 on: 04 29, 16, 10:53:08:PM » Reply

If we could just get irresponsible car owners to take some responsibility it might keep lots of kids and other from accidentally killing themselves or others.

If we could just get irresponsible power tool owners to take some responsibility it might keep lots of kids and other from accidentally killing themselves or others.

If we could just get irresponsible swimming pool owners to take some responsibility it might keep lots of kids and other from accidentally killing themselves or others.

If we could just get irresponsible knife owners to take some responsibility it might keep lots of kids and other from accidentally killing themselves or others.

If we could just get irresponsible parachute owners to take some responsibility it might keep lots of kids and other from accidentally killing themselves or others.

If we could just get irresponsible baseball bat owners to take some responsibility it might keep lots of kids and other from accidentally killing themselves or others.

If we could just get irresponsible ball point pen owners to take some responsibility it might keep lots of kids and other from accidentally killing themselves or others.

If we could just put everyone in a rubber room no one would be harmed in any way!

Fool!

Pages: 1 2 3  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Gun Control Laws DO WORK!!!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory