Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 10:17:23:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653428 Posts in 297920 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: the worst 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: the worst  (Read 88 times)
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #12 on: 04 28, 16, 08:38:04:PM » Reply

265 days a lot can change that would keep him in office, don't count him gone until he leaves! Remember that civilian force he mentioned that should be just as well trained and armed as our military! Well do we have one!
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #13 on: 04 28, 16, 10:34:15:PM » Reply

That we know of.
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #14 on: 04 29, 16, 07:02:04:AM » Reply

i know teabaggers are stupid.  i know they apparently did not have special ed classes back when they were too stupid in grade school to learn anything and so they never really got more than a 7th grade education, at best, but don't they know that no president starts with all the gauges and data points and instruments SET AT ZERO?  in short, "where you START," positive or negative wise with most economic data, is one of the two most important factors in determining what your "average" is during your terms in office.  the other one being "where you FINISH."  say, for example, you follow an incompetent moron who started with a great economy and somehow turned it into the second worst economic shutdown in our history, the aptly named Bush Recession.  And just to make the math simple, let us say when you take over from this asshole, who had 6 years with a republican congress to work his "magic," the GDP when you took office was -8%, which it was, by the way.  And it was still another 6 months before the GDP turned positive due to Obama's stimulus plan and the Bush Recession was officially over.  Except for the recovery.  The whole world was affected by Bush's Recession, and they have recovered more slowly than we have!!  So you start at -8% and today, 7 years and 4 months later, the GDP is 0.5%.  just to round it off let us say an improvement of 8% in 7 years, or an annual growth of 1.14% per year.  as far as no monthy GDP being above 3%, that is not true, but even if it was, think of where we started- at -8%...to get to 3% is an incredible 11% change.  what seahooker has done is fall for what people with IQs call- cherry picked stats.  Substantially true, but out of context.  This same kind of cherry picking can be done to make Obama's deficits seem so bad, when really HE STARTED WITH THE LAST DEFICIT BEING 1.4 TRILLION DOLLARS!!!  it is not easy to chip away at a record 1 year deficit like that and not still add a bunch of deficit spending to the budget during your term!!  compare that to where Bush started-  A BUDGET SURPLUS!!  AN UNEMPLOYMENT RATE OF 4.5%.  and he managed to screw them all up.  all of those economic indicators under Obama are way up!!  but since they started BELOW ZERO, the stats can be cherry picked to make it look like obama's average performance is below average, when really it is much better than Reagan's.  Almost as good as Clinton's, if you compare start to finish. 
seahooker

« Reply #15 on: 04 29, 16, 09:41:35:AM » Reply

something our board expert on all things, llj, who has an IQ of a rock, seems inclined to forget, as presented in the following article:

In a heavily researched 2008 article in the Village Voice, Wayne Barrett writes,

Andrew Cuomo, the youngest Housing and Urban Development secretary in history, made a series of decisions between 1997 and 2001 that gave birth to the country’s current crisis. He took actions that — in combination with many other factors — helped plunge Fannie and Freddie into the subprime markets without putting in place the means to monitor their increasingly risky investments. He turned the Federal Housing Administration mortgage program into a sweetheart lender with sky-high loan ceilings and no money down, and he legalized what a federal judge has branded ‘kickbacks’ to brokers that have fueled the sale of overpriced and unsupportable loans. Three to four million families are now facing foreclosure, and Cuomo is one of the reasons why.

Barrett continues,

Perhaps the only domestic issue George Bush and Bill Clinton were in complete agreement about was maximizing home ownership, each trying to lay claim to a record percentage of homeowners, and both describing their efforts as a boon to blacks and Hispanics. HUD, Fannie, and Freddie were their instruments, and, as is now apparent, the more unsavory the means, the greater the growth.…

Cuomo … did more to set these forces of unregulated expansion in motion than any other secretary and then boasted about it, presenting his initiatives as crusades for racial and social justice. [Emphasis added.]

Bill Clinton gave Cuomo that power and backed his aggressive policies to the hilt. Bill Clinton, then, shares responsibility for the Great Recession. When will he be held accountable?
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #16 on: 04 29, 16, 10:44:40:AM » Reply

bullshit, boy.  bush proposed and endorsed the same policy in 2002, when the housing boom started and lifted the economy with it for about 4 years!!  despite bush's awful tax cuts aimed at the rich and his two senseless wars being put on the credit card and a huge medicare prescription drug plan that spent most of the funding up front to huge drug companies, the economic stimulus of so many new homes being built and sold led to a very low unemployment rate, a rising stock market over 14000 and a very small deficit in 2007, just as the housing bubble burst and because of all the unregulated mortgage bundling and derivative pyramid type after market scams being played by big banks and wall street investment firms that caused a 100 billion dollars worth of equity in those houses and real estate being now worth a paper value of about a trillion dollars due to NO REGULATION AND OVERSIGHT BY THE REPUBS IN CONGRESS, when the bubble burst in late 2006, all those mortgage based derivatives lost their value and the banks and wall street investors were left holding about 800 billion dollars of nothing.  when the banks started going under, all credit stopped flowing, when the housing market crashed, all construction crashed, when the whole housing boom based economy started failing, everything started crashing around it and the Bush Recession started hitting the fan.  If a million home owners get a new house, despite not being really qualified, they still pay some up front fees, make a few payments, then eventually either sell it to somebody else for a loss or it goes back to the bank who gets to keep the house and real estate plus pocket the dough that homeowner paid in for as long as he did!!  how does that hurt banks?  maybe the homeowner who was not qualified and bought the house lost big time, but WHO THE HELL FORCED HIM TO TAKE THE DEAL? it wasn't the housing boom that caused the Bush Recession, idiot.  that is what right wingers want you to believe.  it was the unregulated after market credit default swaps and mortgage bundling derivative risky games these banks and investors did with the million new mortgages that led to the Bush Recession, due to the republicans not regulating the risky after market games with those new mortgages. 

President George W. Bush addresses the White House Conference on Increasing Minority Homeownership at The George Washington University Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2002

THE PRESIDENT: …. I appreciate your attendance to this very important conference. You see, we want everybody in America to own their own home. That's what we want. This is -- an ownership society is a compassionate society.

More and more people own their homes in America today. Two-thirds of all Americans own their homes, yet we have a problem here in America because few than half of the Hispanics and half the African Americans own the home. That's a homeownership gap. It's a -- it's a gap that we've got to work together to close for the good of our country, for the sake of a more hopeful future.

We've got to work to knock down the barriers that have created a homeownership gap.

I set an ambitious goal. It's one that I believe we can achieve. It's a clear goal, that by the end of this decade we'll increase the number of minority homeowners by at least 5.5 million families. (Applause.) … And it's going to require a strong commitment from those of you involved in the housing industry. …

I appreciate so very much the home owners who are with us today, the Arias family, newly arrived from Peru. They live in Baltimore. Thanks to the Association of Real Estate Brokers, the help of some good folks in Baltimore, they figured out how to purchase their own home. Imagine to be coming to our country without a home, with a simple dream. And now they're on stage here at this conference being one of the new home owners in the greatest land on the face of the Earth. I appreciate the Arias family coming. (Applause.)

We've got the Horton family from Little Rock, Arkansas, here today. … They were helped by HUD, they were helped by Freddie Mac. …

I told Mel Martinez I was serious about this initiative… And the good news is, Mel Martinez believes it and means it, as well. He's doing a fine job of running HUD, and I'm glad he has joined my Cabinet. (Applause.)
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #17 on: 04 29, 16, 10:46:06:AM » Reply

All of us here in America should believe, and I think we do, that we should be, as I mentioned, a nation of owners. Owning something is freedom, as far as I'm concerned. It's part of a free society. And ownership of a home helps bring stability to neighborhoods. You own your home in a neighborhood, you have more interest in how your neighborhood feels, looks, whether it's safe or not. It brings pride to people, it's a part of an asset-based to society. It helps people build up their own individual portfolio, provides an opportunity, if need be, for a mom or a dad to leave something to their child. It's a part of -- it's of being a -- it's a part of -- an important part of America.

Homeownership is also an important part of our economic vitality. If -- when we meet this project, this goal, according to our Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, we will have added an additional $256 billion to the economy by encouraging 5.5 million new home owners in America; …

Low interest rates, low inflation are very important foundations for economic growth. The idea of encouraging new homeownership and the money that will be circulated as a result of people purchasing homes will mean people are more likely to find a job in America. This project not only is good for the soul of the country, it's good for the pocketbook of the country, as well.

To open up the doors of homeownership there are some barriers, and I want to talk about four that need to be overcome. First, down payments. A lot of folks can't make a down payment. They may be qualified. They may desire to buy a home, but they don't have the money to make a down payment. I think if you were to talk to a lot of families that are desirous to have a home, they would tell you that the down payment is the hurdle that they can't cross. And one way to address that is to have the federal government participate.

And so we've called upon Congress to set up what's called the American Dream Down Payment Fund, which will provide financial grants to local governments to help first-time home buyers who qualify to make the down payment on their home. If a down payment is a problem, there's a way we can address that. And when Congress funds the program, this should help 200,000 new families over the next five years become first-time home buyers.

Secondly, affordable housing is a problem in many neighborhoods, particularly inner-city neighborhoods. … I'm doing is proposing a single-family affordable housing credit to encourage the construction of single-family homes in neighborhoods where affordable housing is scarce. (Applause.)

Over the next five years the initiative will provide home builders and therefore home buyers with -- home builders with $2 billion in tax credits to bring affordable homes and therefore provide an additional supply for home buyers. …

And we've got to set priorities. And one of the key priorities is going to be inner-city America. …
Housing starts in 1000's
1994   670
1995   667   
1996   757
1997   804
1998   886
1999   880
2000   877
2001   908
2002   973
2003   1086 (+313)
2004   1203 (+117)
2005   1283 (+280) height of bubble
2006   1051 (-226) bubble bursts
2007   776 ( -275..democrats take over in january, housing boom dead, shit hitting fan, big time)
2008   485
2009   375
2010   323
2011   306
2012   367
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #18 on: 04 29, 16, 11:31:06:AM » Reply

WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!