Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 05:35:33:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653539 Posts in 297934 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: If Jesus was born of a virgin mother, and He didn’t have a father ... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 Print
Author Topic: If Jesus was born of a virgin mother, and He didn’t have a father ...  (Read 12833 times)
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #132 on: 05 04, 16, 05:52:18:AM » Reply

hawkiepoop anticipates his 72 virgins as he continues on his jihad against Christianity.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #133 on: 05 04, 16, 10:03:55:AM » Reply

Even worse for atheists is the fact that our founders based the Constitution and our government on Judeo-Christian principles, at a time when this nation was a Christian nation, without any sect allowed to become a government theocracy, unlike with Islam.

Christianity is not the problem.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #134 on: 05 04, 16, 11:22:45:AM » Reply

hawkiepoop should move from his Islamic country and see how superior a culture is with laws based upon Judaeo-Christian principles.
1965hawks

« Reply #135 on: 05 05, 16, 03:16:40:PM » Reply

kensanIV: You and your f**ing red herrings.

Uh-uh, kensanIV. In actuality, what we have here is you and your fucking red herrings.

Yes, I "rather" changed "some" of the subject.

Your admitting you altered the facts to suit your bogus argument underscores your dishonesty and, more important, your inability to defend your argument or refute the evidence I presented that gives five logical reasons to suspect that the person portrayed in the New testament as the Son of God most likely never existed.

Those of us who believe know that it takes faith and blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah....

I pointed out early on in this debate that faith is a firmly held belief, and also noted that, no matter how strong held, a belief is not necessarily true and, therefore, can't be argued as truth (fact).

I have a "Red Herring" for you. To repeat my original post[:]  The question that should be asked of our liberals posters [is], "Why does it matter to you if a belief in Jesus and his teachings, believed by his followers, bother you?"

That question is indeed a red herring, kensanIV. When did I ever make the claim that a belief in Jesus "bothered' me. I provided evidence that makes the claim that the historical Jesus never existed. And if it's presumed, most likely, that Jesus never existed, then arguing that he was born of a virgin is illogical.

It certainly is no skin off your nose if it gives millions comfort.

You're right, kensanIV. Truth is, I could care less.

Or even if they are right or wrong.

But that doesn't mean I shouldn't challenge and refute or debunk a bogus argument based merely on your personal faith (an opinionated belief) rather than on facts (truth).

Assume for a moment it is true.

Uh-uh, kensanIV. I never make assumptions here, so why should I make an exception in this debate? To assume means to take something for granted; a belief or an opinion taken for granted is not necessarily true.  And if truth be told, making assumptions is the root cause of the fallacious arguments presented in this forum. Since faith is unquestionable and, therefore, must be taken for granted, it is illogical to attempt to argue as trruth an assumption based merely on ones faith.

Will you be able to find another way if you are wrong on the judgment day? [sic]

That's another red herring, kensanIV. The real issue here is whether the Jesus described in the New Testament really existed, not your assuming what my fate will be on Judgement Day. (And, by the way, you don't even know with certainty that there will actually be a Judgement Day. Do you, kensanIV?) 

Again and with the magic red herring...[sic] Why DOES IT BOTHER YOU?? [sic] Obviously[,] it makes no difference except in your desire to be an ass.

And with that said, kensanIv concludes another laughable (and illogical) argument. But, of course, and not surprisingly, notice that he carefully avoided trying to refute any of the five reasons to suspect that Jesus never existed. instead, he substituted logical fallacies (red herrings) for "evidence."

red herring: something that distracts attention away from the real issue.
___Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, Tenth Edition (1997)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #136 on: 05 05, 16, 03:39:09:PM » Reply

1965hawks proves he doesn't have a clue as to what a "red herring" is!
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #137 on: 05 05, 16, 03:41:14:PM » Reply

You lost and look foolish, hawkiepoop.  Let it go.  Do us a favour (as non-Americans such as you spell it) and stop beating a dead horse.
1965hawks

« Reply #138 on: 05 05, 16, 03:56:09:PM » Reply

duke_john: What a crock from hawkie!

Let it go, hawkiepoop.  Let it go.  You lost and you look like a damned fool.

hawkiepoop anticipates his 72 virgins as he continues on his jihad against Christianity.

You lost and look foolish, hawkiepoop.  Let it go.  Do us a favour (as non-Americans such as you spell it) and stop beating a dead horse.

Having fun babbling to yourself, DUMB_john?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #139 on: 05 05, 16, 04:24:46:PM » Reply

In 2014 there were more than 8 new books published (see Amazon.com) on Hospice workers experiences. Now’s the time in history that the world is destined to learn about life after death from those workers who intimately experience it every day. Watch for it and you will see more and more stories being told publicly.

If you wanted to know what happens when you die, who would you talk to? Who are the experts? How about a chemist, or a biologist, or a psychology professor? Would you seek out a theologian or a minister? Let me recommend that you talk to a hospice worker. These people belong to a relatively new branch of nursing and have a special calling in life.

http://www.amazon.com/Stop-Worrying-There-Probably-Afterlife/dp/098742243X?ie=UTF8&qid=&ref_=tmm_pap_swatch_0&sr=
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #140 on: 05 05, 16, 06:02:09:PM » Reply

Having fun babbling to yourself

You're listening, so you're not honest even about that, hawkiepoop.
1965hawks

« Reply #141 on: 05 05, 16, 06:36:46:PM » Reply

dickhead_john,

I'll be honest with you: Most of the time I don't even bother to read I read your ridiculous posts. When I do, I have a good laugh  and then move on. Just like I'm doing now. Have fun babbling to yourself, you ass-clown loser.

LOL
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #142 on: 05 05, 16, 06:39:02:PM » Reply

You haven't been honest yet, hawkiepoop.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #143 on: 05 05, 16, 08:02:47:PM » Reply

1965hawks doesn't know what the word "honesty" means!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: If Jesus was born of a virgin mother, and He didn’t have a father ...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory