Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 06:23:29:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653362 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: If Jesus was born of a virgin mother, and He didn’t have a father ... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: If Jesus was born of a virgin mother, and He didn’t have a father ...  (Read 12830 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #12 on: 04 26, 16, 07:36:19:PM » Reply

Very true!
wvit1001

« Reply #13 on: 04 26, 16, 07:42:28:PM » Reply

According to Christianity Jesus was God in human form.  You do know the trinity don't you?

In Philippians 2:6, Paul spoke of Christ as “existing in the form of God” The term “existing” is not a past tense form. It translates the Greek term huparchon, a present tense participle. The present tense reveals that the Savior’s existence, in the “form of God,” is a sustained mode of being, not one that was interrupted by the incarnation.

A.T. Robertson called attention to the difference between the present tense, huparchon (denoting “eternal existence in the morphe [form] of God”), and the Lord’s “becoming” (aorist tense) in the likeness of man (1931, 445). There was a time when the second Person of the Godhead did not exist as man; there has never been a time when he was not in “the form of God.”

Contrary to the evidence, however, it has been alleged that whereas Christ existed in the form of God prior to the incarnation, he divested himself of that status while on Earth. Finally, according to the theory under review, Jesus resumed the form-of-God nature when he returned to heaven. There is no biblical support for this concept, which violates the explicit testimony of Scripture.

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/59-did-jesus-christ-exist-in-the-form-of-god-on-earth
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #14 on: 04 26, 16, 07:44:47:PM » Reply

Again, Wvit responds to something I didn't say!

Try, again!
wvit1001

« Reply #15 on: 04 26, 16, 07:56:06:PM » Reply

you make no sense d2.  you talk in circles and confuse yourself.
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #16 on: 04 27, 16, 05:26:19:AM » Reply

wvit and his God damned word games,, A "Virgin" back then was not defined as it is today. A virgin in Jesus day was a married woman who had not conceived in the first year of Marriage. 
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #17 on: 04 27, 16, 07:32:44:AM » Reply

DaBoz redefines virginity to suit his opinion. Bizarre!
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #18 on: 04 27, 16, 07:36:36:AM » Reply

My, how atheists attack the tenets of Christianity.

But you never see them attacking Islam.  I wonder why.
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #19 on: 04 27, 16, 07:39:33:AM » Reply

It seem that they know more about Islam than Christianity.
darkflower

« Reply #20 on: 04 27, 16, 07:42:50:AM » Reply

If Jesus had a mom but not a dad, the dna would be mom-only and thus Jesus was a clone of Mary and born female. So either Jesus was a woman or was the first transsexual recorded.
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #21 on: 04 27, 16, 07:47:20:AM » Reply

That happens quiet often on this board.

But in this case DaBoz is right. In Biblical times a virgin was a young woman of childbearing age who has not yet had a child, and who may be (but does not have to be) an unmarried virgin or a married young woman. It does not, in and of itself, indicate whether that woman is a virgin or not.
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #22 on: 04 27, 16, 07:49:32:AM » Reply

I don't have any more favorable view of Islam than I do any other religion. What you don't seem to understand is atheists don't disbelieve in the existence of any God. Therefore one cannot be held in higher regard than another. We are all entitled to our beliefs or lack of. I do not attack Christianity, nor Islam, nor Judaism, or Buddhism. They are all equally non-existent in my opinion. That does not stop me from pointing out hypocrisy when I see it. If there were any Muslims posting hypocritical messages on this board I would be more than happy to point that out too.
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #23 on: 04 27, 16, 07:52:28:AM » Reply

That happens quiet often on this board.

But in this case DaBoz is right. In Biblical times a virgin was a young woman of childbearing age who has not yet had a child, and who may be (but does not have to be) an unmarried virgin or a married young woman. It does not, in and of itself, indicate whether that woman is a virgin or not.

Local, so you are saying that up until modern times every woman was a virgin right up until the moment she gave birth? If true a barren harlot would have been considered a virgin. Is that true? Just asking because I had never heard that before.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 13 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: If Jesus was born of a virgin mother, and He didn’t have a father ...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory