Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 02:51:53:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Flat tax kills DC cronyism! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Flat tax kills DC cronyism!  (Read 252 times)
gwboolean

« Reply #12 on: 04 19, 16, 12:08:46:AM » Reply

Seems to be a waste of time to me Wavy.  But unless the TrEA$on party goes for a REAL flat tax you won't find me supporting it.

I would disagree with your beliefs on these taxes @ssPilot.  So that pretty much sums up our thoughts on that.  But that is a moot point anyway, since it is all of the people who should be deciding what taxes they are willing to pay and to some greater or lesser degree they do.  Personally, I am much less concerned with how much taxes any of us pay, and much more concerned that no one feels any less pain than I do.  I will also say that I am concerned on what my tax money is spent on, but that is a separate discussion and has nothing to do with this.
dondc

« Reply #13 on: 04 19, 16, 01:37:17:AM » Reply

There is or was recent discussion, in the Senate, about simplifying the tax code and making it possible  file on line using an IRS.
People mentioned earlier in this thread, are the people responsible for killing it.

http://www.alan.com/2016/04/13/elizabeth-warren-pushes-tax-simplification/
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #14 on: 04 19, 16, 08:57:36:AM » Reply

We came across a really interesting example that exemplifies the difference in the way people in the private sector think versus how people who work for government think!
In the private sector, thanks to modern computing technologies, many businesses are able to automate a vital portion of their businesses: the taking of orders for their goods and services. The technology allows the businesses to serve the needs of their customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even if their employees only work from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Monday through Friday. Everybody wins in the process – customers can order what they want whenever it is convenient for them and the business can collect revenue generating orders even when its employees are off the clock.
But in the public sector, government bureaucrats apparently cannot tolerate providing that level of service, even when they use the same technologies. Warren Meyer came across what may be a classic example of how bureaucrats think such technology should be used from the IRS. The screen shot below is taken from the IRS’ site for applying for Employer Identification Numbers online.

We came across a really interesting example that exemplifies the difference in the way people in the private sector think versus how people who work for government think!
In the private sector, thanks to modern computing technologies, many businesses are able to automate a vital portion of their businesses: the taking of orders for their goods and services. The technology allows the businesses to serve the needs of their customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even if their employees only work from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Monday through Friday. Everybody wins in the process – customers can order what they want whenever it is convenient for them and the business can collect revenue generating orders even when its employees are off the clock.
But in the public sector, government bureaucrats apparently cannot tolerate providing that level of service, even when they use the same technologies. Warren Meyer came across what may be a classic example of how bureaucrats think such technology should be used from the IRS. The screen shot below is taken from the IRS’ site for applying for Employer Identification Numbers online.
You see that correctly – the IRS’ automated online application website for Employer Identification Numbers closes down on both weekends and from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM Eastern time every weekday. The following screen shot shows the message an applicant receives when they attempt to “Apply Online Now” during the periods outside of the IRS’ hours of operation for the website.

http://www.mygovcost.org/2016/03/31/how-bureaucrats-think/

IRS websites have hours of operation?

Inconvenient and bureaucracy-centric as ever!
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #15 on: 04 19, 16, 09:01:03:AM » Reply

Fauxcahantas wants tax simplification?

Really?

That is like the fox wanting better security for the chickens!
dondc

« Reply #16 on: 04 23, 16, 01:02:22:AM » Reply

Fauxcahantas wants tax simplification?

Really?

That is like the fox wanting better security for the chickens!

Yep and you disqualify her with talk radio talk.
It is the private sector that is opposed to her tax simplification ideas.  You should read the link.
bluespower
Honored Member

« Reply #17 on: 04 23, 16, 01:18:15:AM » Reply

a flat tax that replaces the current irs code is ok by me. the main idea being no "loopholes" and a simpler income tax return process.
but only if it has several levels of a progressive "flat tax" rate.

of course that will never happen because the 1% -10% financial elite have to able to game the system for their cynical benefit.
a regressive one level flat tax does enable the 1% -10% financial elite to game the system (fuck you billionaire steve forbes). 
dondc

« Reply #18 on: 04 23, 16, 01:44:32:AM » Reply

Dan, I'd be for a "flat tax" set up that way too.  If it eliminated the flat tax wage earners already pay on their first $118,500 of income, by making all income taxable.  Eliminate the matching FICA tax that employers pay as well. 

Hell I go so far as to support one Federal tax collector and eliminating all other taxes state and Federal, users fees and such. 
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #19 on: 04 23, 16, 02:32:12:AM » Reply

If the Flat Tax was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good, bush & Co should have put it in place back in 2003 or 2004.

If Flat Tax is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good, why hasn't Congress ever passed the bill?
Why haven't I even heard of one introduced in Committee?
Why is Flat Tax ONLY popular with Eastern European Countries & Russia?
Why does it seem that the Flat Tax only HURTS economies in distress?

Basically, if a Flat Tax were really as good as everyone tries to make it out to be, we would have it already.
D2D

« Reply #20 on: 04 23, 16, 12:50:12:PM » Reply

Yep and you disqualify her with talk radio talk.
It is the private sector that is opposed to her tax simplification ideas.  You should read the link.

So you are claiming she didn't fraudulently claim to be of American Indian descent in order to gain a free education?

Has she paid back the money she stole?

She is a disgusting fraud who should never have been allowed to enter public office!

Davik, we have never had sufficient majorities in congress to do so!

Democrats oppose the end of DC cronyism!

Democrats are the party of criminals and corruption!
dondc

« Reply #21 on: 04 24, 16, 03:46:54:AM » Reply

She didn't steal any money.  She didn't even try to. 

There are more Republicans getting convicted than Democrats.

Reagan administration still holds the record for that.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #22 on: 04 24, 16, 07:08:14:AM » Reply

Receiving benefits for which she wasn't entitled is theft.
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #23 on: 04 24, 16, 07:23:31:AM » Reply

Receiving benefits for which she wasn't entitled is theft.

It is also FRAUD.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Flat tax kills DC cronyism!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory