Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 07:48:26:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653578 Posts in 297939 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Militias and the Second Amendment Abortion and Feminist Equality 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 Print
Author Topic: Militias and the Second Amendment Abortion and Feminist Equality  (Read 15266 times)
1965hawks

« Reply #216 on: 04 27, 16, 01:23:00:AM » Reply

D2D: 1965hawks says the Second Amendment is the only part of the "Bill of Rights" that doesn't apply to the people!

Stop lying, D2D! Here's what I've continually said:

The Second Amendment neither defines an individual right of firearm ownership nor does it define a so-called citizens militia. And furthermore I have continually reminded you that It is grammatically incorrect to begin sentences with numerals and to end declaratory sentences with exclamation points. But since you stubbornly continue to do those things which are incorrect, it comes as no surprise to me that you would stubbornly continue your incorrect version of the Second Amendment.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

No, D2D. The Secon d Amendment is neither a definition of an individual right to own firearms nor is it a definition of a "citizens militia."

It doesn't say the right of the Militia to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed!

Of course it doesn't say that. Unlike you and other misinformed NRA stooges, Madison knew that states keep arms (maitain militias) and the people (as active members a militia) bear arms (serve as soldiers).

It doesn't say the right of the State to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed!

Of course it doesn't say that, D2D. That's because, unlike you, Madison understood that states don't bear arms.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #217 on: 04 27, 16, 04:05:09:AM » Reply

1965hawks says the Second Amendment is the only part of the "Bill of Rights" that doesn't apply to the people!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It doesn't say the right of the Militia to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed!

It doesn't say the right of the State to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed!
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #218 on: 04 27, 16, 05:14:58:AM » Reply

Look at hawkie doing the old two-step. Not bad for a foreigner.
1965hawks

« Reply #219 on: 04 27, 16, 12:39:24:PM » Reply

D2D: According to1965hawks, the Second Amendment is the only part of the "Bill of Rights" that doesn't apply to the people.

Stop lying, D2D! Stop "refuting" claims I never made. I said the Second Amendment protects the a state-controlled militia from arbitrary abuse by federal officials, e.g., Congress passing a law that would disarm state-controlled militias. a law that disarmed a state-controlled militia would violate  a state's right to maintain (keep up) a well-regulated militia and also violate the peoples' right to serve as soldiers (bear arms) a federally- recognized (state-controlled militia), rights that are explicitly guaranteed in the Second Amendment. 

D2D: The Second Amendment says, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." It doesn't say the right of the Militia to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed and it doesn't say the right of the State to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

D2D, your logical fallacy: repeated assertion.

All you're doing here is simply repeating the same assertion--over and over again--without ever providing any actual proof to support the spurious claim that the Second Amendment defines an individual and absolute (unlimited) right of firearm ownership and use. And, further more, you have yet to provide any evidence to support the absurd claim that the Second Amendment defines a right of the people to raise and maintain their own militias ("citizen militias") that exist outside the control of governmental authority.

sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #220 on: 04 27, 16, 12:48:42:PM » Reply

You can always try to have our citizen militia outlawed through a Constitutional amendment.   Good luck... 

The USSC ruled that the language and history of the Second Amendment showed that it protects a private right of individuals to have arms for their own defense, domestic and foreign, not a right of the states to maintain a government militia.   The Court concluded that the Fourteenth Amendment protects against state infringement the same individual right that is protected from federal infringement by the Second Amendment.

The only legal process you anti-gun and anti-citizen militia nuts have is a Constitutional amendment.   Get on it.  Good luck.
1965hawks

« Reply #221 on: 04 27, 16, 03:55:01:PM » Reply

The USSC ruled that the language and history of the Second Amendment showed that it protects a private right of individuals to have arms for their own defense, domestic and foreign, not a right of the states to maintain a government militia.

What precedent did Scalia cite to base his opinion, sweetwater5s9?

The Court concluded that the Fourteenth Amendment protects against state infringement the same individual right that is protected from federal infringement by the Second Amendment.

How could Scalia come to that conclusion when the had not been incorporated into the Fourteenth Amendment? Who are you citing? Obviously, he or she pulled that crapola out their ass, just like Scalia ruled from the bench in District of Columbia v. Heller.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #222 on: 04 27, 16, 04:30:31:PM » Reply

1965hawks says the Second Amendment is the only part of the "Bill of Rights" that doesn't apply to the people!

You are the only claiming government has the right to commit unlimited infringements upon the People's Second Amendment rights!

You have yet to refute me or the Second Amendment!
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #223 on: 04 27, 16, 05:23:46:PM » Reply

Because there is no such right of the people to keep and bear arms in his country, hawkie is jealous.
1965hawks

« Reply #224 on: 04 28, 16, 12:27:50:AM » Reply

DUMB_john, when are you going to name the unidentified country you keep babbling about and attempting associate with me? And when you do that, then you can explain why your DUMB ass believes your identifying that mythical locale will somehow provide evidence that refutes the arguments and assertions I make in this forum and post on this message board? And if you don't respond to this post, I could care less. Have you noticed? I don't waste my time responding to your simple-minded prattle. You can continue to sit there babbling to yourself, as far as I'm concerned.

D2D

« Reply #225 on: 04 28, 16, 12:35:53:AM » Reply

Perhaps if you stuck to the subject instead of constantly engaging in mindlessly puerile invective you might get somewhere!
1965hawks

« Reply #226 on: 04 28, 16, 01:01:48:AM » Reply

You're confused again, D2D. Your problem is the fact that your D2DUMB ass doesn't know what the fuck you're talking about and then your shit-for-brains ass has the audacity to take umbrage at the fact that I never have any difficulty providing evidence that points out the logical fallacies and fallacies of argument and debate on which you always base your arguments. Stop trying  to blame me for your inability to defend the fallacious arguments you make and the untenable positions you take. That's your problem, not mine. Now sit down and shut the fuck up...loser.
D2D

« Reply #227 on: 04 28, 16, 01:08:14:AM » Reply

1965hawks posts all that to say absolutely nothing!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Militias and the Second Amendment Abortion and Feminist Equality
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory