Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 09:41:37:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653715 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Militias and the Second Amendment Abortion and Feminist Equality 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Militias and the Second Amendment Abortion and Feminist Equality  (Read 15273 times)
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #24 on: 04 11, 16, 07:31:48:PM » Reply

Finally someone noticed me!  Smiley

Beginning to think I was invisible...  :P

TY for the notice.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #25 on: 04 11, 16, 08:17:15:PM » Reply

Needless to say, that's not the definition of a militia.

I take it you were there in 1776 to actually know that civilian Militias meant controlled by the government?    Well here's a little news flash for you zippy. If its controlled by the government then its an ARMY !!   Idiot. 

Why don't you do us all a favor and water that brain every now and then so it can grow like the other sane people.
1965hawks

« Reply #26 on: 04 11, 16, 09:02:52:PM » Reply

jivin' jim: I take it you were there in 1776 to actually know that civilian Militias meant controlled by the government? Well[,] here's a little news flash for you[,]zippy[:] if it's controlled by the government[,] then it's an army, idiot.

Well, here's a brief US history lesson for you, jiving' jim: the charters of all of the British colonies in North America--New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia--gave the colonial governments of each colony exclusive control of their respective colonies. From the very beginning, the Militia in America has been under the strict control of the government, not the people, as you're trying to suggest here.

When the colonies seceded from the British Empire and declared themselves free and independent states, they joined together to form a loose confederation calling itself the United States of America and created the Continental Army controlled by the Continental Congress--the forerunner of today's US Army controlled by Congress. The colonial militias became state militias--the forerunners of today's National Guard. 

Why don't you do us all a favor and water that brain every now and then so it can grow like the other sane people.

I suggest you know what you're talking about before you try arguing with me, jivin' jim.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

« Reply #27 on: 04 11, 16, 09:35:06:PM » Reply

The fact the States found benefit in creating a National Guard does not mean Militias are controlled by the government..   Otherwise they would be issued weapons by the State or by the Government. Have you lost your Common Sense to Leftist dogma?

wvit1001

« Reply #28 on: 04 11, 16, 09:48:20:PM » Reply

During the 1700's most militia's were under control of local government.  There was no real federal government then.  Trying to compare our country today with the 1700's is stupid, there hardly anything to compare.
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #29 on: 04 11, 16, 09:49:45:PM » Reply

Then why are you Trying to compare our country today with the 1700's??

KensanIV

« Reply #30 on: 04 12, 16, 12:47:44:AM » Reply

We actually have several guns in our home. It is no big gig.  It is just a fact of life.  I've never killed anyone, other than in  Viet Nam, and even then, I am not certain that I alone was responsible.

Since I have been back in country since 1967, I still have not fired one of these weapons.

(my Wife) is taking a Gun Safety Class in early May.. And then she will go for a concealed carry permit.  I would suspect that she would have the balls to chalk you if you believe in taking advantage and attacking some of the weaker sex. 

Like it or not, it is a time of understanding our world as it is today.
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #31 on: 04 12, 16, 12:49:49:AM » Reply

SO I guess that makes Ken a ONE MAN Militia?

Guess so...  You MUST defend the defenseless Ken.

Enjoy.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #32 on: 04 12, 16, 04:55:16:AM » Reply

I doubt that Kensan is helpless.
scott_free
Shoulder fired ground to air missiles have no moral status, since they have no will of their own. Everybody get some.
Honored Member

« Reply #33 on: 04 12, 16, 07:00:32:AM » Reply

hilarious, kenyan believes there is a higher crime and a higher murder rate today than when reagan and papa bush were large and in charge...

* crime rate 60-12.png (28.56 KB, 1100x743 - viewed 166 times.)
scott_free
Shoulder fired ground to air missiles have no moral status, since they have no will of their own. Everybody get some.
Honored Member

« Reply #34 on: 04 12, 16, 07:07:01:AM » Reply

i wonder what part of "well regulated militia" coincides with an unorganized, untrained private militia with no ties to any state or federal or even local authorities or supervision?  here is what the Constitution, ever heard of it, much?, says about militias...

The term militia in the United States as defined from the U.S. Constitution, Article II (The Executive branch), Sec. 2, Clause 1: "The President shall be the Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States when called into the actual service of the United States."
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #35 on: 04 12, 16, 07:58:47:AM » Reply

The fact that early America's citizen militia has been effectively replaced by a professional military in no way diminishes or alters the meaning of the effective words in the 2nd Amendment which are, "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

The arming of the militia is not left to the state but to the citizen. Should the state choose to arm its citizen militia, it is free to do so under the United States Constitution (bearing in mind that the Constitution is not a document limiting the citizen, but rather one that establishes and limits the power of government). Should the state fail to arm its citizen militia, the right of the people to keep and bear arms becomes the source of the guarantee that the state will not be found defenseless in the presence of a threat to its security.

While the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution acknowledges the existence of state militias and recognizes their necessity for the security of a free state and while it also recognizes that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, the Second Amendment is not the source of the right to form a militia nor to keep and bear arms. Those rights existed in the states prior to the formation of the federal union. In fact, the right to form militias and to keep and bear arms existed from antiquity. The enumeration of those rights in the Constitution only underscores their natural occurrence and importance.

Ultimate power over the militia is not delegated to the United States by the Constitution nor to the states, but resides with the people.
Consequently, the power of the militia remains in the hands of the people.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 20 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Militias and the Second Amendment Abortion and Feminist Equality
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory