Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 11:56:52:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653440 Posts in 297922 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: 2 to1 odds she'll take the FIFTH... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: 2 to1 odds she'll take the FIFTH...  (Read 13250 times)
wxzyw
"Destroy the seed of evil, or it will grow up to your ruin." Aesop

God Bless People of Good Will

« Reply #12 on: 04 03, 16, 03:13:06:PM » Reply

Hillary Fired for Lies, Unethical Behavior from Congressional Job: Former Boss

Dan Calabrese’s new column on Hillary Clinton’s past may bring the curtain down on her political future. Calabrese interviewed Jerry Zeifman, the man who served as chief counsel to the House Judiciary Committee during the Watergate hearings, has tried to tell the story of his former staffer’s behavior during those proceedings for years. Zeifman claims he fired Hillary for unethical behavior and that she conspired to deny Richard Nixon counsel during the hearings:

As Hillary Clinton came under increasing scrutiny for her story about facing sniper fire in Bosnia, one question that arose was whether she has engaged in a pattern of lying.

The now-retired general counsel and chief of staff of the House Judiciary Committee, who supervised Hillary when she worked on the Watergate investigation, says Hillary’s history of lies and unethical behavior goes back farther – and goes much deeper – than anyone realizes.

Jerry Zeifman, a lifelong Democrat, supervised the work of 27-year-old Hillary Rodham on the committee. Hillary got a job working on the investigation at the behest of her former law professor, Burke Marshall, who was also Sen. Ted Kennedy’s chief counsel in the Chappaquiddick affair. When the investigation was over, Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation – one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman’s 17-year career.

Why?

“Because she was a liar,” Zeifman said in an interview last week. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”
This isn’t exactly news. When her lachrymose performance arguably won her New Hampshire, Zeifman tried to tell people about Hillary’s duplicity. Patterico noticed the effort, but few others picked it up. Zeifman wrote at his website:

After hiring Hillary, Doar assigned her to confer with me regarding rules of procedure for the impeachment inquiry. At my first meeting with her I told her that Judiciary Committee Chairman Peter Rodino, House Speaker Carl Albert, Majority Leader “Tip” O’Neill, Parliamentarian Lou Deschler and I had previously all agreed that we should rely only on the then existing House Rules, and not advocate any changes. I also quoted Tip O’Neill’s statement that: “To try to change the rules now would be politically divisive. It would be like trying to change the traditional rules of baseball before a World Series.”

Hillary assured me that she had not drafted, and would not advocate, any such rules changes. However, as documented in my personal diary, I soon learned that she had lied. She had already drafted changes, and continued to advocate them. In one written legal memorandum, she advocated denying President Nixon representation by counsel. In so doing she simply ignored the fact that in the committee’s then most recent prior impeachment proceeding, the committee had afforded the right to counsel to Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #13 on: 04 03, 16, 03:26:46:PM » Reply

What did you just claim hodaddyscott?

Hillary Fired for Lies, Unethical Behavior from Congressional Job: Former Boss

Dan Calabrese’s new column on Hillary Clinton’s past may bring the curtain down on her political future. Calabrese interviewed Jerry Zeifman, the man who served as chief counsel to the House Judiciary Committee during the Watergate hearings, has tried to tell the story of his former staffer’s behavior during those proceedings for years. Zeifman claims he fired Hillary for unethical behavior and that she conspired to deny Richard Nixon counsel during the hearings:
As Hillary Clinton came under increasing scrutiny for her story about facing sniper fire in Bosnia, one question that arose was whether she has engaged in a pattern of lying.
The now-retired general counsel and chief of staff of the House Judiciary Committee, who supervised Hillary when she worked on the Watergate investigation, says Hillary’s history of lies and unethical behavior goes back farther – and goes much deeper – than anyone realizes.
Jerry Zeifman, a lifelong Democrat, supervised the work of 27-year-old Hillary Rodham on the committee. Hillary got a job working on the investigation at the behest of her former law professor, Burke Marshall, who was also Sen. Ted Kennedy’s chief counsel in the Chappaquiddick affair. When the investigation was over, Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation – one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman’s 17-year career.
Why?
“Because she was a liar,” Zeifman said in an interview last week. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”
This isn’t exactly news. When her lachrymose performance arguably won her New Hampshire, Zeifman tried to tell people about Hillary’s duplicity. Patterico noticed the effort, but few others picked it up. Zeifman wrote at his website:

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/02/25/hillary-fired-lies-unethical-behavior-congressional-job-former-boss
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #14 on: 04 03, 16, 03:30:44:PM » Reply

I did not have textual relations with that server.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAH..  Thats the best one I've seen in ages!!  Good shot!
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #15 on: 04 03, 16, 03:32:51:PM » Reply

"I can't recall or I just don't remember." 

Noooo, that is Ronnie Raygun's response.

Of course, if it was good enough for him, then it should be good enough for Hillary! 

Excerpts from Reagans sworn testimony:

Q. Do you recall having any discussion with Admiral Poindexter about having him try to get people together to kind of reconstruct
what had happened so that if the time came to make certain disclosure, you would have some kind of a story together? . . .

A. I don't recall. I don't recall that.

Q. Did there come a time at all when you and Admiral Poindexter met with other Administration officials or members - as well as
members of Congress and try to relate to them what had gone on?

A. I don't recall anything having to do with the Congress in that sense.

Q. Do you recall in 1986 meeting at all with Mr. Meese and asking him if he can lend a hand in straightening out the recollections
of various people?

A. No. My memory of Mr. Meese's participation was when, after all of that thing had broken, that he was the one who located a
piece of paper in some office that indicated that there was additional money. And that was - his participation was as Attorney
General in case there was something untoward that was waiting there to haunt us. And that was where I got the knowledge about
the extra money, and that is the only thing that I remember about from him.

Q. Let me ask you this question based on your role as Chief Executive of this nation, Sir. If the information that Robert McFarlane
provided to Congress in 1985 was false, contained lies, and deceived and obstructed Congress, would it still be your belief that John
Poindexter should readopt those false statements in responding to Congress on July 21, 1986?

A. Well, I simply - no, I did not have this information, but I have a great deal of confidence in the man who was quoted as sending
these letters, McFarlane. . . .

Q. I understand. But I am just asking you, as I understand it - am I correct, Mr. President, that the letter that you are looking at
there from John Poindexter dated July 21, 1986, you, yourself, actually did not approve and authorize those letters at the time that
they were sent; is that correct?

A. I have no recollection of doing so.

Q. O.K.

A. But that could be my memory. I don't remember.

Q. . . . My question to you is, Sir: If you knew that the previous information provided to Congress by Mr. McFarlane was false, would
you authorize John Poindexter to reaffirm that false information in these letters?

A. No.

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/02/23/us/excerpts-from-reagan-s-testimony-on-the-iran-contra-affair.html?pagewanted=3
wxzyw
"Destroy the seed of evil, or it will grow up to your ruin." Aesop

God Bless People of Good Will

« Reply #16 on: 04 03, 16, 03:34:35:PM » Reply

davik, do you really think(sic) the dragon-lady will get off?  Really?
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #17 on: 04 03, 16, 06:01:01:PM » Reply

I don't know of any law that she has broken.

But Reagan did it and got away with it.
Nixon did it and got away with it.
Scooter Libby did it and got away with it.
All those Iran Contra Law Breakers got away with it.

So why does Hillary NOT get a pass?
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #18 on: 04 03, 16, 06:05:00:PM » Reply

Hillary is guilty as sin.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #19 on: 04 03, 16, 06:10:55:PM » Reply

But Reagan did it and got away with it.

Did what?

Nixon did it and got away with it.

Ended up Impeached.

Scooter Libby did it and got away with it.

Ended up in Jail.

All those Iran Contra Law Breakers got away with it.

Eventually Lost their Jobs.

So why does Hillary NOT get a pass?

Why are you asking that she gets a "Pass?"

chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #20 on: 04 03, 16, 06:16:41:PM » Reply

I don't know of any law that she has broken.

So.  Lots of things that are legal are wrong, so what is that statement supposed to mean?
scott_free
Shoulder fired ground to air missiles have no moral status, since they have no will of their own. Everybody get some.
Honored Member

« Reply #21 on: 04 03, 16, 07:10:15:PM » Reply

Hillary was not fired from any job.  you are repeating easily debunked lies from your usual right wing sources (you believe dan calabrese?  hilarious!!).  as usual.  here ya go, lying, easily played sheep...

A pair of articles published during Hillary Clinton's run for the presidency in 2008, one by Northstar Writers Group founder Dan Calabrese and one by Jerry Zeifman himself, asserted that Zeifman was Hillary's supervisor during the Watergate investigation and that he eventually fired her from the investigation for "unethical, dishonest" conduct. However, whatever Zeifman may have thought of Hillary and her work during the investigation, he was not her supervisor, neither he nor anyone else fired her from her position on the Impeachment Inquiry staff (Zeifman in fact didn't have the power to fire her, even had he wanted to do so), his description of her conduct as "unethical" and "dishonest" is his personal, highly subjective characterization, and the "facts" on which he bases that characterization are ones that he has contradicted himself about on multiple occasions.

But as noted above, Zeifman had no authority to "terminate" Hillary. They were members of different staffs, and Zeifman had no hiring or firing authority over members of the Impeachment Inquiry staff for which Hillary worked. (That authority rested with Special Counsel John Doar and, ultimately, with House Judiciary Committee Chairman Peter Rodino.) Quite tellingly, Zeifman made absolutely no mention of having "fired" or "terminated" Hillary Rodham, nor of telling her that he "could not recommend her for any further positions," in his 1995 book; he only started claiming so much later. Back in 1995 he noted that Hillary had remained with the inquiry staff up until the end, leaving only when President Nixon's August 1974 resignation made the issue of impeachment moot and the Judiciary Committee's impeachment inquiry staff was therefore disbanded:

Zeifman: Hillary was twenty-seven when the impeachment inquiry staff was disbanded. The next morning she took a train down to Little Rock, Arkansas. She moved in with Bill Clinton and they eventually married.

They also noted that the Washington Post's reviewer found (as we did) much of Zeifman's book to be mere repetition of speculation with little or no evidence to substantiate it:

[The book] will surely excite conspiracy buffs on the lookout for sinister coverups in high places. But those wary of such unsubstantiated theories (myself included) will find Zeifman's book an unconvincing, if imaginative, tale of intrigue.

The lack of evidence makes his theory hard to swallow. Zeifman's most reliable source — his diary — contains few revelations and seems little more than a chronicle of his suspicions and speculations. The book's jacket cover, which promises readers "truths even more startling than those brought out in Oliver Stone's movies 'Nixon' and 'JFK', " does not help matters. Perhaps the book's publicists forgot that "Nixon" and "JFK" were, after all, only Hollywood movies.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/zeifman.asp
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #22 on: 04 03, 16, 08:17:51:PM » Reply

If her boss, Jerry Zeifman, says she was fired, then I will believe him anytime over you.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #23 on: 04 03, 16, 08:20:27:PM » Reply

Hillary will have to take the fifth or say "I don't recall" to every question asked!

If she tries to mix it up and actually answer a few questions the FBI will trip her up and she will be indicted for lying to the FBI at the very least!
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: 2 to1 odds she'll take the FIFTH...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory