Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 07:27:07:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653400 Posts in 297919 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  Religion  |  Prayer List  |  Topic: My Wife is back in the hospital 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: My Wife is back in the hospital  (Read 2853 times)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« on: 03 31, 16, 01:50:40:AM » Reply

My Wife is back in the hospital for the third time in 5 months. The last two times she remained in the hospital for nearly a month each time then sent to a physical rehab nursing home for three weeks each time to help build her back up. Essentially, she's only been home maybe 4 or 6 weeks in the past 5 months.

This last time she was able to get off of the oxygen, but that only lasted for 2 weeks at home, then she had to go back on oxygen at home. At first she only needed the oxygen set on the lowest level of 1 just to help her try to ween herself back off again. But her body just kept retaining water for some reason which caused pressure to build up on both her heart and lungs. She rapidly advanced to requiring oxygen set to 1.5, then 2, then 3, then 3.5.

During all that time she could no longer sleep in her bed laying down, she could only sleep sitting straight up in the lounger. How she managed to get through even 1 day of that let alone three weeks is beyond me. 

Her mobility suffered as well, not being able to walk to the bathroom without a rest point every 10 feet requiring 3 chairs waiting for her.

It got to the point where she couldn't even move an arm without that slight motion causing her to run out of breath.  So, after taking a half hour just to get her from the front door 15 feet to the car, it was back to the doctors went.
She had had enough and wanted to go back to the hospital.

I just left her room. She lays there with a fully strapped on oxygen mask, not wanting to do anything. No TV, no eating, no nothing. She wants to give up, but I think I convinced her stop thinking like that. I hooked up her headphones to the TV controller, and told her I was bringing her Tablet in just in case she changed her mind.

As I was leaving she asked if I would bring her glasses and a small handheld electronic Yahtzee game that she likes to play.
So, maybe my little talk did some good. We'll see in the coming days.

dondc

« Reply #1 on: 03 31, 16, 02:26:45:AM » Reply

Sorry to hear this.  No one should have to hurt that much. 
Hoping things work out for the better.  Take care of your self while this is going on!
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #2 on: 03 31, 16, 01:07:56:PM » Reply

Prayers going out for you and your dear wife, Jim. Nothing is more important than our family and the ones we love the most in this world; such an emotional time for you and your family and friends -- may you all find healing and comfort with God's Great Hands.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 03 31, 16, 11:33:57:PM » Reply

Well, today she's wondering if she will be using a c-pap mask "when" she comes home. So, thats a good sign.  Although, she's not really doing much better. But at least "Mentally" she is still in the game.

Jim
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 04 01, 16, 05:47:00:PM » Reply

Well, today brings better news.
Overnight the doctors were able to reduce some of the fluid from around her lungs allowing her to breath a bit easier, which boosted her spirits more, and now she's back to at least thinking about being able to come home. Except that's not going to be for a long time, she still has a ways to go and likely lots more physical Rehab to go through.. But, she still has to wear that full face c-pap mask to breath. So its still hard to understand what she's saying, and the lung doctor has no idea how long she will need to keep using it. But, he says they're working on it.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 04 01, 16, 05:55:12:PM » Reply

Good news.  The best to you both.
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 04 02, 16, 11:56:59:PM » Reply

Well the news gets better. I think she's out of the woods, yet again.

The full face oxygen mask is off and she's back to trying to ween herself down from the oxygen again. I don't know if that's going to happen, but I've learned to not underestimate her. This is a lady who has, in essence, been at deaths door more often than not for the past 15 years from the effects of severe diabetes, cellulitis, severe staph, mrsa, perforated stomach, heart, lung, kidney problems, and now this. Both her younger brother and younger sister died in their mid 40s from the same problems, so making it to 65 is an achievement all its own.

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. They worked! :- )

pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #7 on: 04 03, 16, 07:37:04:AM » Reply

Thoughts and prayers remain for you and your wife; hopeful for April to be the best of times - We know the Lord is in charge and are grateful for each day.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #8 on: 04 20, 16, 04:23:04:AM » Reply

I know you don't need to be told, but I'll say it anyway...

You need to take care of yourself too.  Your strength is her strength and if you end up under the weather, she might not want to fight again.

You have each other and that is such a gift.  I keep you both in my thoughts and prayers daily and always hope that you're taking the time to rest and recharge...and NOT let this place get to you!
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 04 24, 16, 03:08:59:PM » Reply

Well, June came home yesterday, but it was tough. She had a major anxiety panic attack while the nurse helped her get into the car, and it took a while for her to calm down before she could finally breath calmly.  I guess she was frightened at the idea of leaving her safety net of full time doctors and nurses, as well as switching from the straight oxygen to a portable battery operated 'carry-along' which supplies oxygen that requires her to breathe more calmly to operate properly.  And the more she struggled it seemed the less she felt she was getting oxygen..

Now that she's home, she became comfortable again in the home environment on the home oxygen machine, and is walking where she needs to go, within limits or course.  But really, nothing has changed. She pretty much still came home in the same condition as when I took her to the hospital.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #10 on: 04 24, 16, 05:43:06:PM » Reply

Good to read she is home! Hoping she is here is stay and gains her strength back; sorry about the struggles. Keeping you both in my prayers.
wxzyw
"Destroy the seed of evil, or it will grow up to your ruin." Aesop

God Bless People of Good Will

« Reply #11 on: 04 29, 16, 02:45:02:PM » Reply

That sound very stressful for both of you...
Prayers for you and your wife. God bless you both.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  Religion  |  Prayer List  |  Topic: My Wife is back in the hospital
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About