Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 11:18:51:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660599 Posts in 298606 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Offended Muslims Say That Children’s Easter Egg Hunt 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Print
Author Topic: Offended Muslims Say That Children’s Easter Egg Hunt  (Read 12163 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #84 on: 04 02, 16, 02:29:08:PM » Reply

1965hawks will never do that!

He will never give a straight forward answer to any question!
1965hawks

« Reply #85 on: 04 02, 16, 02:49:14:PM » Reply

D2D: The First Amendment:  Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, orprohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The way liberals read the first Amendment:  Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the  Liberal's freedom of speech, or of the Liberal press; or the right of the Liberal's people peaceably to assemble, and Liberal's to petition riot until the Government gives in for a  redress of grievances.

Remember, in liberal world liberals are always correct and everyone else is pure evil!

Wow! D2Dingbat is on a D2Doofas liberal roll today. Liberal. Liberal. Liberal. Liblah Liblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....

Shut the fuck up, you loony conservative!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #86 on: 04 02, 16, 02:51:41:PM » Reply

1965hawks admits I have one, again!
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #87 on: 04 02, 16, 03:26:17:PM » Reply

And for that reason I argued that Muslim's in Dearborn had probable cause to be offended and to the right to complain that the school in question had endorsed a church-sponsored activity, an obvious violation of the separation of Church and State.   

You yourself argue that Easter is a pagan holiday hawk. You saying now you were wrong?

Holding a Easter egg hunt at a church has about as much to do with religion as voting at a church. Only paranoid fools think it's a secret plot to convert them.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #88 on: 04 02, 16, 03:27:44:PM » Reply

No comment yet from our Islamic poster:

5 Public Schools That Have Installed Muslim Prayer Rooms
1965hawks

« Reply #89 on: 04 02, 16, 04:03:49:PM » Reply

Local5th: You yourself argue that Easter is a pagan holiday[,] hawk.

And I stand by that argument, Local5th. Easter is a continuation of pagan rituals and so is Christmas. In fact, Christianity itself has pagan origins.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter1.htm

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/cmas1.htm

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/biblianazar/esp_biblianazar_33.htm

You saying now you were wrong?

No that's what you are saying, Local5th.

Holding a Easter egg hunt at a church has about as much to do with religion as voting at a church.

You're altering the facts again, Local5th. There was no Easter egg hunt held at the school. Was there? And voting at a church is not considered a religious observance or ritual. Is it, Local5th?

Only paranoid fools think it's a secret plot to convert them.

Muslim parents in Dearborn (not paranoid fools) had complained of attempts to coerce their children into adopting Christianity.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/easter-egg-hunt-flyer-angers-public-school-parents-article-1.1748110
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #90 on: 04 02, 16, 04:06:26:PM » Reply

As everyone with even a modicum(limited)of understanding of the Constitution knows, the term “separation of church and state” appears nowhere in the Constitution.   The metaphor of a “wall of separation” comes from a letter President Thomas Jefferson penned to a group of Baptists in Danbury, Connecticut—a dozen years after the Constitution and Bill of Rights were ratified. The phrase is not mentioned in the Constitution’s text.

It is well to attend to the actual words of the Constitution.

The Supreme Court has abandoned entirely the misleading metaphor “separation of church and state.”

Nowhere is this more important than with the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment: forbidding an official establishment of religion is something quite different from the much looser, imprecise term “separation of church and state.”

The Constitution only forbids government sponsorship and compulsion of religious exercise by individual citizens.

It does not require hermetic “separation”—implying exclusion—of religion and religious persons from public affairs of state.

If you want to go by the Constitution, law and the USSC since 1789.

duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #91 on: 04 02, 16, 04:30:40:PM » Reply

hawkiepoop thinks concessions to the Muslim faith is quite acceptable.
1965hawks

« Reply #92 on: 04 04, 16, 08:56:20:PM » Reply

You always get it wrong, DUMB_john. Muslims in Dearborn didn't demand concessions Islam; they were offended by Christians violating the First Amendment's Establishment Clause. Remember?

“My son, who was studying the Constitution, stated that he felt that schools and churches shouldn’t be mixed,” explained Moughni about his children a daughter, 7, and son, 9, at one of the schools where the flyers promoting an April 12 event at the Cherry Hill Presbyterian Church were distributed during school class time.

“I asked them if they wanted me to do something about it and they both said yes. So I did. I used my First Amendment right and freedom of speech to convey my displeasure with the school distributing flyers for events being held at a church. I used my Facebook page and found out that I wasn’t the only parent that felt it was wrong.”
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #93 on: 04 04, 16, 10:09:21:PM » Reply

Oh, I remember what was written.

But, your silence on public school concessions to Islamic prayer in school that I posted elicited absolute silence from you, you fucking two-faced racist.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #94 on: 04 04, 16, 10:21:12:PM » Reply

i think the muslims need to chill....but can you imagine how insane the teabagger reaction would be if some muslim teachers promoted some muslim religious activity that honors Mohammed to their classes of school kids!!  and that flyers were handed out to all the kids to show up at some party celebrating mohammed?

Who cares what Muslims teach in their own schools in the Middle East?  They'd be pissed if Christians tried teaching Christianity in their schools in the Middle East, so YES we would have that same RIGHT to be pissed if they tried to teach Islam in schools in the United States.

This is what it looks like to actually be in proper context and compare apples to actual apples.  Try it sometime...

As far as the Easter Eggs, Muslims can kiss bunny-butt.... And go flog themselves..
D2D

« Reply #95 on: 04 05, 16, 02:18:57:AM » Reply

In "refutation" 1965hawks link to three anti-Christianity/religion sites filled with the kind of mindless invective he so dearly loves!

Just another loss for 1965hawks!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Offended Muslims Say That Children’s Easter Egg Hunt
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory