Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 08:15:45:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653414 Posts in 297919 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: The Constitution is a Living Document 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: The Constitution is a Living Document  (Read 14383 times)
gwboolean

« Reply #12 on: 03 27, 16, 03:23:55:PM » Reply

If the constitution is a living document, then why do the TrEA$on party @sswholes wipe their nasty asses with it?
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #13 on: 03 27, 16, 03:34:51:PM » Reply

You mean, Why do you?
scott_free
Shoulder fired ground to air missiles have no moral status, since they have no will of their own. Everybody get some.
Honored Member

« Reply #14 on: 03 27, 16, 05:40:20:PM » Reply

wow, awesome turnaround, chemtrail!!  i see someone has been taking duke john lessons in ankle biting insultery. 
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

« Reply #15 on: 03 27, 16, 05:43:17:PM » Reply

A turnaround to someone else's 'attempted' turnaround, is not a turnaround.  Its a return to its proper owner..
gwboolean

« Reply #16 on: 03 27, 16, 06:27:42:PM » Reply

You mean, why do you?

No Jim, I meant what I said.  We have all watched as on an almost daily basis you TrEA$on party @sswholes interpret, reinterpret, and invent all sorts of things to/for the constitution to somehow justify some fascist thing that you want to force America into.
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #17 on: 03 27, 16, 08:50:03:PM » Reply

We adhere to the Constitution as written by the Founders...  Excuse us if you don't like that..

scott_free
Shoulder fired ground to air missiles have no moral status, since they have no will of their own. Everybody get some.
Honored Member

« Reply #18 on: 03 28, 16, 07:41:17:AM » Reply

where does the constitution say corporations have human rights?  even you have to admit the conservative majority of Supreme Court had to pull that one out of their collective ass.  not once, but twice. 
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #19 on: 03 28, 16, 07:59:14:AM » Reply

What is not in the U.S. Constitution.

We vote for the president
Wrong again. We actually vote for "electors" in the Electoral College who represent us as they elect prez and veep. They almost always follow our popular vote but legally they don't have to.   

Conscientious objectors
You can refuse to fight in war if it violates your moral beliefs. It's not in the Constitution but this protection was recognized even before our nation was formed.

Plea bargaining
Prosecutors often offer lighter punishments if a defendant admits to being guilty or helps in other ways. It's not in the Constitution.

The U.S. is a democracy
It's a "republic," a kind of democracy where we elect representatives to make laws for us. We call America a democracy all the time -- that's cool -- but republic is more accurate.

God's name
God isn't mentioned in the Constitution except that 1787 is described as "the year of our Lord." It is the Declaration of Independence that says "all men are endowed by their 'Creator.' "

Innocent until proven guilty
Those words don't show up in the Constitution. Suspects can be jailed, strip searched, harshly interrogated, forced to pay bail. You won't really feel very innocent until you are proven innocent.

Supreme Court declaring laws unconstitutional
The power of the Court to kill a law it thinks violates the Constitution isn't in the Constitution. The Supreme Court grabbed that power for itself soon after the nation was created.

Jury of your peers
It means a jury of fair-minded people. If you face trial, you can choose and reject jurors from a large pool of people. The exact phrase is not in the Consitution.
"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness"
 It's from the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution.

The Declaration of Independence
Totally zoned out during social science class, didn't you? The DOI isn't part of the Constitution. It was written 11 years earlier.

American Flag
There's no mention of The Stars and Strips or Old Glory.

Marriage
 Not a word about marriage. Straight, gay or otherwise.

"Taxation without representation"
It may have made an awesome bumper sticker leading up to the Revolution (actually it's on today's license plates in Washington D.C.) but this famous phrase wasn't written into the Constitution.

Political parties
Don't blame the Constitution.

The right to education
It's not in the Constitution but Americans believe ignorant people make lame citizens. Eventually school was made available to every child.

Privacy, a right to be left alone
The Ninth Amendment guarantees rights that aren't mentioned by name. The Right to Privacy is one of them.

Miranda Rights
The duty of cops to read your rights to you if you've arrested was created by the Supreme Court in 1966. "Miranda Rights" are in lots of movies but not in the Constitution.

States rights
The Constitution gives "powers" to the states. Rights belong to the people.

"Implied" powers
The federal government exercises lots of unnamed (implied) powers that are "necessary and proper" to carry out  the powers that are named.

"Separation of church and state"
Thomas Jefferson used this well-known phrase to explain that Congress can't make laws that establish or limit the practice of religion. It's not in the Constitution.

Checks and Balances
You won't find C&Bs in the Constitution. The separation of powers is spelled out in Articles I, II and III. The Constitution's framers (writers) were paranoid about giving to much power to one group or the other.

Filibuster
The Senate created the "filibuster" rule which gives a minority group of senators the right to block voting on an issue. It takes 60 (of 100) senators to "break" a filibuster. Not mentioned in the Constitution.

"All men are created equal"
Right idea, wrong document. Check out the Declaration of Independence.
"Government of the people, by the people and for the people"
President Lincoln used these words in his Gettysburg Address during the Civil War.
KensanIV

« Reply #20 on: 03 28, 16, 04:55:10:PM » Reply

Along long time ago in a far far away galaxy.  I was a DEMOCRAT...I honest to God voted for Bill Clinton for his first term.  By the time his term was expiring I was so damned tired of lies, idiots supporting his and HER LIES. that I swore never again to vote for any Democrat for a national office.

Both of the Clintons are DIRTY.  They have used their positions to get rich and have lied their way out of so many scandals that  most of us can no longer remember when they actually told the truth.

I understand that the FBI has finished their investigative portion of the Hillary probe. 

The fun is now starting...let  her stand up to the FBI and tell the truth... A lot of former supporters would love to hear it.
caserio1

« Reply #21 on: 03 28, 16, 05:00:20:PM » Reply

president clinton has a comforting ring to it
KensanIV

« Reply #22 on: 03 28, 16, 05:03:31:PM » Reply

Let the prisoner step forward has a better ring to it and would be far more comforting to an American with an IQ of room temp.  I don't expect the libs will like it very much. 
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #23 on: 03 28, 16, 05:08:55:PM » Reply

Proving not one of the liberals responding to this post bothered to actually watch the video!
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: The Constitution is a Living Document
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory