Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 12:43:41:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653459 Posts in 297923 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Will President Obama Outfox the Republican Senate... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Will President Obama Outfox the Republican Senate...  (Read 12415 times)
KensanIV

« Reply #12 on: 02 25, 16, 08:44:37:PM » Reply

I will support any nominee who will give the hag the maximum sentence.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #13 on: 02 25, 16, 10:10:08:PM » Reply

the United States Constitution is quite clear.

it's the obligation of the President to nominate justices for open positions in the court system.

intellectually dishonest conservatives will eventually lose.
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #14 on: 02 26, 16, 04:20:43:AM » Reply

It will be a lot easier to get a nominee appointed when Hillary is President and she has the benefit of a Democratic Senate.
dondc

« Reply #15 on: 02 26, 16, 04:45:14:AM » Reply

When Biden and Obama did it (did they) they had a hearing and voted.  Even some Republicans voted against Bork.  Obama sure didn't.  Two Democrats did. 
The lady Bush nominated with drew her name before she was nominated, some Republicans were happy about that.
Who are you thinking of?

There is a good possibility that there will be another Democrat elected.  I base that on what the RNC debate.  Several Republican senators are up for reelection, from states that voted for Obama. 
mean while Republican Senators should be doing their job, out front and above board.
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #16 on: 02 26, 16, 06:36:20:AM » Reply

It is late in this administration to expect Republicans to start doing their job. I agree a shift in the Senate majority is very likely, and with a Hillary Presidency a fair constitutionalist is likely to be nominated and appointed.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #17 on: 02 26, 16, 07:06:37:AM » Reply

The administration and Congressional Republicans were not amused by the Democratic tactic, with the White House noting that 190 nominations were pending in the Senate. “Unfortunately, Congress has once again failed to complete important work that will help the American people,” said Emily A. Lawrimore, a White House spokeswoman.

Mr. Reid said he would be willing to consider some of the president’s more contentious nominees as long as the White House moved forward with Democratic choices...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/21/washington/21recess.html?_r=0
william H
Honored Member

« Reply #18 on: 02 26, 16, 08:42:52:AM » Reply

Obama outfoxed himself he married Mossechell thinking she was a woman and could cover his being a homosexual!

THE MAN THE WOMAN THE MOOSECHELL
upyrwazoo
Contributor

« Reply #19 on: 02 26, 16, 10:56:26:AM » Reply

Obama, Biden and Schumer all called for obstruction, the left is a joke!
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #20 on: 02 26, 16, 11:46:34:AM » Reply

Yup, and they want to ignore that even Obama filibustered against Bush replacing a USSC justice while a junior senator in training. 

Obama: "Well, I will be supporting the filibuster because I think Judge Alito, in fact, is somebody who is contrary to core American values, not just liberal values, you know. When you look at his decisions in particular during times of war, we need a court that is independent and is going to provide some check on the executive branch, and he has not shown himself willing to do that repeatedly."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/apr/11/jon-kyl/obama-criticized-supreme-court-filibuster-alito-ev/
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #21 on: 02 26, 16, 11:53:46:AM » Reply

Gonna be kinda hard for Convict Clinton to appoint anyone...from a cell in Alderson, WV.
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #22 on: 02 26, 16, 11:58:19:AM » Reply

Dream on son.
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #23 on: 02 26, 16, 12:16:21:PM » Reply

Will President Obama Outfox the Republican Senate?

He already has. Our President, Barack H. Obama, has all but assured a Democratic Senate majority, and a Democratic President just by encouraging Republicans to be Republicans, and letting the electorate see what crybaby obstructionists they really are.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/02/22/3752298/no-joe-biden-didnt-say-that-the-senate-should-block-supreme-court-nominees-during-an-election-year/

On Monday, C-SPAN posted a two-minute clip of then-Senator Joe Biden (D-DE) urging President George H.W. Bush not to nominate a Supreme Court Justice during the 1992 election, should a seat on the court become vacant. Biden, then the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, urged Bush “not name a nominee until after the November election is completed,” noting that if he did, “the Senate Judiciary Committee should seriously consider not scheduling confirmation hearings on the nomination until after the political campaign season is over.”
Conservatives quickly pounced on the clip and used it as evidence to argue that Congressional Republicans are following long-standing precedent in refusing to consider President Obama’s nomination to fill the seat of Justice Antonin Scalia until a new president takes the oath in January of 2017.
But Biden’s full speech undermines their claim. Rather than urging his colleagues to deny Bush’s potential nominee a hearing, Biden was bemoaning the politicization of the confirmation process — hence his suggestion of not holding a hearing in the heat of a presidential election — and what he saw as Bush’s refusal to properly consult with the Senate in selecting a nominee. In fact, just 10 minutes after calling for temporary inaction on Bush’s candidate, Biden actually promised to consider a moderate Supreme Court nominee.
“I believe that so long as the public continues to split its confidence between the branches, compromise is the responsible course both for the White House and for the Senate,” he said. “Therefore I stand by my position, Mr. President, if the President [George H.W. Bush] consults and cooperates with the Senate or moderates his selections absent consultation, then his nominees may enjoy my support as did Justices Kennedy and Souter.”

Biden made his remarks in the context of reforming the entire judicial confirmation process, which, he claimed, had been marred by Justice Clarence Thomas’ contentious confirmation hearings.
As Chairman, Biden repeatedly confirmed Bush’s judicial nominees during the 1992 election season. In the second session of the 102nd Congress, “the Senate confirmed more nominees, 11, to the courts of appeals that year than in any other presidential election year in United States history,” holding hearings “on district court nominees every month from January to September; court of appeals nominees received hearings in every month from February to September.”

Update Feb. 22, 2016:
Biden's office has released the following statement: "Nearly a quarter century ago, in June 1992, I gave a lengthy speech on the Senate floor about a hypothetical vacancy on the Supreme Court. Some critics say that one excerpt of my speech is evidence that I oppose filling a Supreme Court vacancy in an election year. This is not an accurate description of my views on the subject. Indeed, as I conclude in the same statement critics are pointing to today, urged the Senate and White House to work together to overcome partisan differences to ensure the Court functions as the Founding Fathers intended. That remains my position today."
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Will President Obama Outfox the Republican Senate...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory