Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 16, 24, 09:16:46:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2659494 Posts in 298499 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Red State Alaska - Raising Taxes on Big Oil and Gas 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Red State Alaska - Raising Taxes on Big Oil and Gas  (Read 459 times)
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« on: 02 04, 16, 09:12:57:PM » Reply

according to conservative anti-tax guru, Grover Norquist, the elimination of a tax deduction or a credit = a raise in taxes.

Walker's oil tax credit bill seeks more transparency, fewer loopholes

Gov. Bill Walker’s bill to reduce tax credits to the oil and gas industry, worth $500 million to the state primarily through reduced spending, underwent tough questioning during its first hearing in the House on Wednesday.
KensanIV

« Reply #1 on: 02 04, 16, 09:15:56:PM » Reply

Are you still stalking Dan? 

Why don't you tell us about Chicago's police slowdown and the doubling of gun homicides in January? 
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 02 05, 16, 12:17:24:AM » Reply

So, wouldn't that be a good thing?  Having everyone contribute to the success of the state?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #3 on: 02 05, 16, 06:32:53:AM » Reply

So, wouldn't that be a good thing?  Having everyone contribute to the success of the state?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Normally I would agree with you Takncarabizniz. If it had been proposed when the oil industry was going great guns and raking in record profits that would been awesome. Now, when a barrel of oil costs more to produce than it sells for, I'm not sure it's the right time. It's Alaska, not Michigan so I will let the Alaskans decide if this is a smart move or not.

I wonder how Dan feels about it. If the oil industry is run out of Alaska, he will lose his welfare check.
KensanIV

« Reply #4 on: 02 05, 16, 04:02:54:PM » Reply

I saw that Obama was trying to stick a $10.00 per barrel tax on it.  Since an oil barrel is considered 20 gallons... I guess he wants 50 cents per gallon more.

What a guy!

https://jittery.com/3616641/obama-wants-10-per-b
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #5 on: 02 05, 16, 04:16:37:PM » Reply

I wonder how Dan feels about it.

The oil companies have essentially ceased exploration for new wells.  Once the production wells dry up, the oil companies will leave, especially if the tax structure is punitive.

If the oil industry is run out of Alaska, he will lose his welfare check.

I don't receive any welfare, wmd.  You have been misinformed.  If you are referring to the Permanent Fund Dividend, that is a program to distribute the earnings of stock, bond and real estate investments to the residents of Alaska.

Alaska is one of the few states (if not the only one) where the subsurface rights cannot be owned privately.  I am not allowed to own the mineral rights on my own land.  All mineral rights are owned "in common" by the residents of Alaska.  As such, the Hammond administration wanted to set up a program where the Alaskans can benefit from their equal ownership of Alaska's minerals.  It's sort of a compensation for not being allowed to own the minerals on our own private land.  So you see, the oil, gold, copper, zinc, gravel, etc. is owned by the residents of Alaska, not the oil and mining companies.  It's OUR mineral resources, OUR resource revenue.  Not welfare.  Welfare is when you receive something for nothing.  In the case of the PFD, the payment is in exchange for us selling our minerals to the oil and mining companies.
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #6 on: 02 05, 16, 04:28:54:PM » Reply

The oil companies have essentially ceased exploration for new wells.  Once the production wells dry up, the oil companies will leave, especially if the tax structure is punitive.

I don't receive any welfare, wmd.  You have been misinformed.  If you are referring to the Permanent Fund Dividend, that is a program to distribute the earnings of stock, bond and real estate investments to the residents of Alaska.

You are getting something for nothing. You are getting a check for being alive in Alaska. You haven't earned a penny of that money. Unearned money is welfare.
KensanIV

« Reply #7 on: 02 05, 16, 04:32:15:PM » Reply

Penna has lead the nation in fracking... What have the residents received from all of the natural gas they have sucked from under our land?  NOTHING!!!  that I can see.  The state government takes millions and tosses it into the state budget.

I wish they acted as honorably as Alaska does regarding their residents. It is our state and our natural resource.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #8 on: 02 05, 16, 08:06:30:PM » Reply

You are getting something for nothing.

No.  I'm getting something for my mineral rights.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #9 on: 02 05, 16, 08:10:54:PM » Reply

Daniel wants to raise taxes.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #10 on: 02 05, 16, 09:53:09:PM » Reply

Just on the freeloaders, johniel.  No more tax increases until everyone pays something.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #11 on: 02 05, 16, 10:24:13:PM » Reply

Daniel is OK with raising taxes on his household of freeloaders.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Red State Alaska - Raising Taxes on Big Oil and Gas
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory