Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 11:01:41:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662296 Posts in 298764 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: No One Was Ever Killed By A Gun 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: No One Was Ever Killed By A Gun  (Read 21126 times)
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #24 on: 12 15, 15, 06:35:46:PM » Reply

Our Second Amendment right to bear arms is protected by the Constitution. Enough said.
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #25 on: 12 16, 15, 11:41:07:AM » Reply

I believe your silence indicates you agree, right D?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #26 on: 12 16, 15, 11:46:42:AM » Reply

I don't understand you!

You side with those who would strip you of your Second Amendment rights in a heart beat!

You make excuses for them!

But you still claim to be for the Second Amendment!

Don't you see how contradictory that is?
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #27 on: 12 16, 15, 11:52:39:AM » Reply

Some who are on the left with social/economic issues do back the Constitution's 2nd Amendment although they are far a few between.   More should, imo.
scott_free
Shoulder fired ground to air missiles have no moral status, since they have no will of their own. Everybody get some.
Honored Member

« Reply #28 on: 12 16, 15, 12:17:13:PM » Reply

No democrat of any power has ever called for a ban on guns or confiscating any guns by force.  Period.  All people believe in some common sense restrictions, like age limits, no shoulder fired ground to air missiles, etc., and sane people believe also that universal background checks and a ban on assault weapons and high capacity clips are needed. 
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #29 on: 12 16, 15, 12:29:17:PM » Reply

No democrat of any power has ever called for a ban on guns or confiscating any guns by force. 
That is a flat out lie!

Democrats in Chicago, Washington DC, New York, Illinois, San Francisco have all not only called for gun bans but actually banned guns!

Did you really think you could get away with such a blatant lie?

All people believe in some common sense restrictions, like age limits, no shoulder fired ground to air missiles, etc., and sane people believe also that universal background checks and a ban on assault weapons and high capacity clips are needed. 
History has proving magazine restrictions and assault weapons bans do nothing to stop crime and only harm the law abiding!

We already have universal background checks, age limits and no shoulder fired ground to air missiles (though such limits have been proven wholly ineffective in reducing crime)!
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #30 on: 12 16, 15, 01:36:13:PM » Reply

You do the Second Amendment no favors by trying to be as obnoxious as Trump. Normal people view you the same way. Nuttier than a fruitcake and probably dangerous. Those of us that know for sure that you are all show and no go can comfortably sit back and have a good belly laugh at your expense, but people that don't know you quite as well would view you as a potential mental case searching for a public place to shoot up. You aren't the only one, and because of that you make it difficult to persuade the masses that the Second Amendment is worthy of protection. I will do things my way, and I suspect you will never be smart enough to understand how to get things accomplished without a lot of bluff and bluster. You are really a detriment to the cause.

Ghandi was successful by calmly, non-violently, and with reserved passion consistently presenting his case. The same can be said of Dr. King. Learn from them or go on the way you are and losing.
D2D

« Reply #31 on: 12 16, 15, 01:53:58:PM » Reply

I value the Second Amendment!

You value it watered down!

I oppose watering it down because I know if it is watered down everntually the rest of the Bill of Rights will be watered down to the point we are no longer free!
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #32 on: 12 16, 15, 03:10:49:PM » Reply

I value the Second Amendment!

You value it watered down!

I oppose watering it down because I know if it is watered down everntually the rest of the Bill of Rights will be watered down to the point we are no longer free!

No you don't D. You don't value it at all or you would stop being a dick on an internet forum and write calm cool and collected emails and letters to you elected representatives, on both sides of the issue. You would write in those messages how much you value the work they do, and their contribution to protecting the Constitution. The entire constitution including the Second Amendment. You might explain the direction of your vote depends on theirs. You must do this without denigrating a political party, especially the party you are trying to convince. How you end up voting is your own business. Nobody but you knows that. I doubt you'll pay any attention and will continue thinking you can convince folks by insulting and name calling and otherwise making yourself appear to be a lunatic. It takes all kinds, and you're just one of them.
D2D

« Reply #33 on: 12 16, 15, 03:13:54:PM » Reply

Actually, the I have insulted no one!

I have only posted the truth!

Again, I ask, why are you for a watered down Second Amendment?
1965hawks

« Reply #34 on: 12 16, 15, 03:22:28:PM » Reply

WWV10MHZ: NEWS FLASH: GUNS don't shoot all by themselves! [...] GUNS don't kill, PEOPLE kill!!!!!! [sic]

Guns don't ill, people do?

What exactly is wrong with the "guns don't kill, people kill" argument?

"Everyone's heard it, a lot of people believe it, and some even think it settles the whole gun control debate. (After all, that’s why it’s the NRA’s slogan, and why people brandish it on bumper stickers and post it endlessly on facebook.)"

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/logical-take/201302/guns-don-t-kill-people-people-do

D2D

« Reply #35 on: 12 16, 15, 03:24:40:PM » Reply

1965hawks, link to one incident where a gun killed anyone without a person pulling the trigger!

You cannot because it never happened!

What we need is criminal control not gun control!

Myth: Prison isn't the answer to crime control
Fact: From 1960-1980, per capita imprisonment for violent crimes fell from 738 to 227. In the same period, violent crime rates nationwide tripled.
Fact: Why does crime rise when criminals are released from prison early? Because they are likely to commit more crimes. 67.5% were re-arrested for new felonies or serious misdemeanors within three years. Extrapolating, those released felons killed another 2,282 people.(187)
Fact: 45% of state prisoners were, at the time they committed their offense, under conditional supervision in the community – either on probation or on parole.(188) Keeping violent convicts in prison would reduce violent crimes.
Fact: Homicide convicts serve a little more than ½ of their original sentences.(189) Given that men tend to be less prone to violent behavior as they age (190), holding them for their full sentences would probably reduce violence significantly.
Fact: Los Angeles County saw repeat offender and re-arrest rates soar after authorities closed jails and released prisoners early. In less than three years, early release of prisoners in LA resulted in:191
• 15,775 rearrested convicts
• 1,443 assault charges (192)
• 518 robbery charges (42)
• 215 sex offense charges (42)
• 16 murder charges (42)

(42) Weapons sell for just £50 as suspects and victims grow ever younger, The Times, August 24, 2007
(187) Reentry Trends in the U.S., Recidivism, Department of Justice, 1999
(188) US Bureau of Justice Statistics, 1991
(189) Firearm Use by Offenders, Bureau of Justice Statistics, November , 2001
(190) Homicide rates peak in the 18-24 year old group, Bureau of Justice Statistics, online database
(191) Releasing Inmates Early Has a Costly Human Toll, Los Angeles Times, May 14, 2006
(192) Keep in mind these are just charges. Each arrested convict may have committed multiple crimes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 22 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: No One Was Ever Killed By A Gun
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About