Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 02:21:06:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Gee, is that Obama ? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Gee, is that Obama ?  (Read 37 times)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« on: 11 25, 15, 09:03:42:PM » Reply

Telling everyone to be careful of their surrounding this holiday?  The same exact message I was chastised for saying 3 days ago?  Say it ain't so....
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #1 on: 11 25, 15, 09:11:35:PM » Reply

Wow.  Who is the Fear Monger now.  Tsk Tsk....  Hey Libbers!  Who is the head Chicken-Shit now??
Bob Huntress
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 11 25, 15, 09:14:18:PM » Reply

If Obama were found to be an escaped Nazi war criminal, the Media would declare that it qualified him to fight terrorists.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #3 on: 11 28, 15, 02:46:07:AM » Reply

It is not the message it is the messenger!

What ever Obama says liberals will mindlessly agree with him!

Should a conservative say the same thing liberals will mindlessly disagree with him!

That is their sheep like nature!
scott_free
Shoulder fired ground to air missiles have no moral status, since they have no will of their own. Everybody get some.
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 11 28, 15, 06:40:10:AM » Reply

Awwww, Jim was chastised!!  Funny, I looked back in your post history and I could not find that post where you talked about Obama telling people to be safe and also saying, THE PART YOU WERE ACTUALLY "CHASTISED" FOR, that the government never told us to be careful when Bush was president!!  Well, except for the whole Color Coded Threat Level System, and how every radio and tv station started each day telling us what color threat level we were at for that day...for about 2 years in a row!!  Were you just kidding around when you said that during Bush Americans were never warned to be careful!! Except every freaking day for a couple of years in a row!!

Washington (CNN) -- The much-maligned, color-coded Homeland Security Advisory System is about to be consigned to the proverbial dustbin of history.
"The old color coded system taught Americans to be scared, not prepared," said ranking member Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Mississippi. "Each and every time the threat level was raised, very rarely did the public know the reason, how to proceed, or for how long to be on alert. I have raised concerns for years about the effectiveness of the system and have cited the need for improvements and transparency. Many in Congress felt the system was being used as a political scare tactic -- raising and lowering the threat levels when it best suited the Bush administration."
President George W. Bush established the Homeland Security Advisory System by presidential directive on March 11, 2002, after the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York and Washington. The five levels -- green for low, blue for guarded, yellow for elevated, orange for high and red for severe -- were intended to identify the risk of terrorist attack.
The initial level was yellow, which the system retained until September 11, 2002, when it was raised to orange to cover the first anniversary of the attacks. It was lowered back to yellow on September 24.
In its lifetime, the threat level has been raised to orange/high five times, although it went to that level three other times for specific industries. The threat level was raised to red/severe once -- on August 10, 2006, and only for commercial flights from the United Kingdom to the United States -- when British authorities announced they had disrupted a major plot to blow up aircraft. The level went down to orange on August 16, 2006, where it remains.
More seriously, however, some critics accused the Bush administration of using using the system to generate fear at politically sensitive times, such as just before the 2004 election. And just days after his 2005 resignation, then-Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge told a Washington forum that he sometimes disagreed with the rationale for raising the alert but was overruled by others on the Homeland Security Advisory Council, which made the decisions.
The council included Attorney General John Ashcroft, FBI chief Robert Mueller, CIA director George Tenet, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Secretary of State Colin Powell.
"More often than not we (the department) were the least inclined to raise it," Ridge told reporters after the forum. "Sometimes we disagreed with the intelligence assessment. Sometimes we thought even if the intelligence was good, you don't necessarily put the country on (alert). ... There were times when some people were really aggressive about raising it, and we said, 'For that?' "
And in 2009, Ridge wrote in a tell-all book that sometimes officials such as Ashcroft and Rumsfeld pressured the department to change the level, describing a 2004 event in which his arguments against raising the alert worked.
"I believe our strong interventions had pulled the 'go-up' advocates back from the brink. But I consider the episode to be not only a dramatic moment in Washington's recent history, but another illustration of the intersection of politics, fear, credibility and security," he wrote.
"After that episode, I knew I had to follow through with my plans to leave the federal government," he wrote.
Ridge announced his resignation on November 30, 2004, and left office on February 1, 2005.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/01/26/threat.level.system.change/

* orange color code.jpg (58.73 KB, 640x360 - viewed 0 times.)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #5 on: 11 28, 15, 06:42:01:AM » Reply

Scott posts all that to make no point!
scott_free
Shoulder fired ground to air missiles have no moral status, since they have no will of their own. Everybody get some.
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 11 28, 15, 07:20:50:AM » Reply

Learn to read, you clueless vegetable.  Are you really da boy?  There is no way two people could be as stupid as you. 
D2D

« Reply #7 on: 11 28, 15, 07:22:43:AM » Reply

Scott posts all that to make no point!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Gee, is that Obama ?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory