Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 09:44:38:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663146 Posts in 298845 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Lawyer of Chicago officer charged with murder says video is distorted 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: Lawyer of Chicago officer charged with murder says video is distorted  (Read 114 times)
scott_free
Shoulder fired ground to air missiles have no moral status, since they have no will of their own. Everybody get some.
Honored Member

« Reply #12 on: 11 26, 15, 06:09:53:AM » Reply

How would cops know he was high in PCP?  If there are 8 cops on the scene, and one teenager with a knife, does it really seem possible that the only way to control the situation was to start shooting him from 15' away?

And I can't believe a lawyer for any person accused of a crime where there is a video involved that shows how guilty the person is would claim the video is distorted!!  No lawyer ever said that before!!
ttopcat

« Reply #13 on: 11 26, 15, 06:58:38:AM » Reply

I don't know what I would have done but I doubt if I would have fired on him, but why did it take so long to charge him and why did they bring it to light at the start of the Christmas shopping season and mess up every bodies holidays, now riots and protest will replace good will and cheer for shoppers and people who help the poor alike folks who had nothing to do with the shooting will suffer and more than likely innocent people will be killed! What I find unbelievable but it could be true that a cop would shoot someone 17 times, beats me.
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #14 on: 11 26, 15, 08:04:19:AM » Reply

How would cops know he was high in PCP?

The same way they know they are unarmed or holding a toy gun short round.
scott_free
Shoulder fired ground to air missiles have no moral status, since they have no will of their own. Everybody get some.
Honored Member

« Reply #15 on: 11 26, 15, 09:43:45:AM » Reply

Not even close, stupid shit.  There is no way anyone can tell if someone is high on PCP just by looking at him.  Especially if they are walking away from you, moron.  You can tell if a person is unarmed, at least does not have one in his hand where it can be used to shoot somebody,  or carrying a toy gun, if it is an extremely toy looking gun or if it is just being held by a boy, 12 year old boys tend to hold toy guns way more often than real guns at a park,  just by looking at them.  Are you sure you even have an IQ, lying boy?  I know you are a dimwit, a dumbass, a gullible piece of shit and a gun nut racist, but do you really think if you rolled up on a young boy with a gun in his hand AT A PARK, and no obvious signs of violence or foul play, that your first action, within 2 seconds of rolling up, would be to start shooting?

Authorities released video this afternoon of a police officer fatally shooting 12-year-old Tamir Rice this weekend in a Cleveland park. In the video, you can see police opening fire at Rice, who was carrying an airsoft gun, within two seconds of arriving on the scene.

Cleveland Rookie Cop Shoots, Kills 12-Year-Old Holding BB Gun
On Saturday afternoon, a rookie police officer was called to a recreation center in Cleveland when…

The shooting took place Saturday afternoon at Cudell Recreation Center. Apparently, a concerned citizen spotted Rice with the toy and called 911.

"The guy keeps pulling it out," the 911 caller said, according to WKYC. "It's probably fake, but you know what, he's scaring the (expletive) out of (inaudible). ... He's sitting on the swing right now, but he keeps pulling it in and out of his pants and pointing it at people. Probably a juvenile, you know? … I don't know if it's real or not, you know?"

Officers claim they asked Rice to put his hands up and he didn't comply. In the video above, the police car comes to a stop at 0:19, and by 0:21 the boy is already doubled over and falling to the ground, mortally wounded. Rice was rushed to the hospital, where he died Sunday morning.

http://gawker.com/video-cops-shot-12-year-old-two-seconds-after-arriving-1663814827
Local5th

« Reply #16 on: 11 26, 15, 10:05:29:AM » Reply

Not even close, stupid shit.  There is no way anyone can tell if someone is high on PCP just by looking at him.  Especially if they are walking away from you, moron.  You can tell if a person is unarmed, at least does not have one in his hand where it can be used to shoot somebody,  or carrying a toy gun, if it is an extremely toy looking gun or if it is just being held by a boy, 12 year old boys tend to hold toy guns way more often than real guns at a park,  just by looking at them.  Are you sure you even have an IQ, lying boy?  I know you are a dimwit, a dumbass, a gullible piece of shit and a gun nut racist, but do you really think if you rolled up on a young boy with a gun in his hand AT A PARK, and no obvious signs of violence or foul play, that your first action, within 2 seconds of rolling up, would be to start shooting?

I rolled up on a child  carrying two hand grenades years ago. Never been more scared than that in my whole life. I didn't kill him. When I got him to drop them they were live with the pins in place. It would be interesting to see what you would of done in the same situation. I suspect you would of wasted him.

You can't tell if a person is armed or not til after the fact. And in mere seconds you can't tell if  child's gun is real or not unless it is clearly marked with an orange cap. Same is true of drugs most times short round. But I understand your point. if those same cops were sitting at home armchair quarterbacking your actions, they would be right every time too.
scott_free
Honored Member

« Reply #17 on: 11 27, 15, 07:12:11:AM » Reply

So when you are not posting inane, racist crap on the internet you are a super hero stopping crime?  Or are you making up some story about your fictional time in Viet Nam, the one where you, John Wayne and Audie Murphy come upon a young Vietnam orphan, holding two live grenades.  The Duke wants to waste him, Audie Murphy wants to challenge him to a fist fight, and you save the day by using your knowledge of the Vietnamese language to persuade him to drop the grenades...SLOWLY....to the ground and you will give him an extra portion of rice.  Today, that same Vietnamese kid has emigrated to the United States and has a fruit stand in downtown Omaha.  The End.

But I digest.  In reality land, you cannot tell if someone is on dope if they are walking away from you, about 15' away.  Period.  They had chased the kid for a while after someone caught him trying to break into a car, or some other type robbery.  There were 8 grown men there, and one 19 year old kid.  And one cop believes it is time to start shooting?  With a video clearly showing this?  And you claim I am Monday Morning quarterback if I can tell what a trigger happy asshole this cop is? 
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #18 on: 11 27, 15, 08:43:13:AM » Reply

well, I'm impressed.  jim accurately recounted what was seen on the video tape the City of Chicago, the police department and the Cook County States Attorney saw...and it took over 400 days for charges to be filed.

I've seen this lawyer being interviewed on a number of television stations.  He's got a tough job, defending this cop, when the public evidence - and the officer's history of disciplinary actions are so daunting.   I'm sure jim shares my support of due process for the officer.

With that in mind, understand the only tool the attorney has is to cast doubt.  He doesn't need/have evidence  to help his cause.

Those five other cops will either have to break their code of silence, or face the consequences from their official reports conflicting with the video recording of the incident. 

It's obvious to any clear-thinking individual that someone put pressure on to keep the video from becoming public.  It would appear that the mayor, faced with a tough re-election, engineered the suppression of the video, fearing the consequence.

Sorry to disappoint the clueless racist aesops retreat posters...in Chicago...protests, yes.  riots, no. 
Local5th

« Reply #19 on: 11 27, 15, 09:31:09:AM » Reply

the one where you, John Wayne and Audie Murphy come upon a young Vietnam orphan, holding two live grenades.  The Duke wants to waste him, Audie Murphy wants to challenge him to a fist fight, and you save the day by using your knowledge of the Vietnamese language to persuade him to drop the grenades...SLOWLY....to the ground and you will give him an extra portion of rice.  Today, that same Vietnamese kid has emigrated to the United States and has a fruit stand in downtown Omaha.  The End.

You do like to make things up short round. No need to embellish. It was a few second encounter that occurred on the way to a cat house in Bong Son.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #20 on: 11 27, 15, 11:13:49:PM » Reply

But I digest.
  You must be eating too much fruit from the stand in downtown Omaha.

But I digress.  It doesn't take 16 or 17 shots to disable a young man, knife or no knife and whether on drugs or not, unless this policeman was a lousy shot.  If that was the case he must have flunked his training course.  The over zealous officer got carried away and when the whole truth comes out he will most likely be put away.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #21 on: 11 28, 15, 01:42:21:AM » Reply

I cannot imagine how difficult it is to be a police officer in this country these days.  There is so little respect for the law anymore, but yes, there are times when an officer clearly does wrong and this is one of those times.  He must be held accountable.  As an officer of the law, he may have feared for his life, he may have confronted an armed suspect, but emptying your gun into him is totally irresponsible...yet another example of irresponsibility being to blame, not the gun...not the law enforcement community.
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Lawyer of Chicago officer charged with murder says video is distorted
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory