Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 03:58:55:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653510 Posts in 297928 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Lawyer of Chicago officer charged with murder says video is distorted 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Lawyer of Chicago officer charged with murder says video is distorted  (Read 113 times)
ttopcat

« on: 11 25, 15, 03:56:47:PM » Reply

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lawyer-of-chicago-officer-charged-with-murder-says-video-distorts-images/ar-BBnqEXt?li=BBnb7Kz

CHICAGO, Nov 25 (Reuters) - The lawyer for a white Chicago police officer charged with murdering a black teenager said on Wednesday his client feared for his life and that footage from a patrol car camera released this week is unreliable because video "distorts images."
The lawyer, Daniel Herbert, told CNN that on Oct. 20, 2014 Officer Jason Van Dyke arrived at the scene 18 minutes after a suspect carrying a knife was reported to have threatened businesses and vandalized police cruisers.
Prosecutors said on Tuesday that Van Dyke shot 17-year-old Laquan McDonald 16 times only 30 seconds after he arrived on the street on the southwest side of Chicago. They said Van Dyke started shooting just six seconds after emerging from his patrol car, emptying his gun at McDonald and preparing to reload.
wvit1001

« Reply #1 on: 11 25, 15, 05:21:45:PM » Reply

It looked pretty clear to me. 
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 11 25, 15, 05:38:16:PM » Reply

As much as I support the police and the job they do there are always a few exceptions, such as in this case.  Firing 17 shots into the teenager was total overkill and it's hard to believe that anyone would think it was necessary to apprehend him in such a manner when all he had was a knife.    Also why did it take 13 months to file the charges?  It certainly doesn't help racial tensions or the police when a member of the force goes haywire.
ttopcat

« Reply #3 on: 11 25, 15, 05:43:24:PM » Reply

The only problem is police issue handguns don't hold 17 shots they hold ten!
ttopcat

« Reply #4 on: 11 25, 15, 08:46:56:PM » Reply

Maybe if these young peoples fathers stayed around long enough to give them some guidance they wouldn't live such frustrating troubled lives, people don't stay together any more this is problematic for young folks who have been left to make it on their own at a early age when they could use some much needed support.
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #5 on: 11 25, 15, 08:50:58:PM » Reply

Drugs.  End of story.
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 11 25, 15, 08:55:31:PM » Reply

The police shot him because of drugs? V
Bob Huntress
Honored Member

« Reply #7 on: 11 25, 15, 09:06:59:PM » Reply

If this is the case I trust he will be given the opportunity to present it to the jury. If he is innocent, and it is possible, I trust the judgement of the jury.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #8 on: 11 25, 15, 09:27:31:PM » Reply

Lawyer of Chicago officer charged with murder says video is distorted

All I know is what the video shows.  Kid walking down the middle of a road. Cops pulling up and yelling at him to get on the ground. He angles off to walk away from the cops, and one bullet halfway spins him and a second bullet doubles him up and puts him on the ground.  From that point he just lays there.

Precisely what purpose the next 14 or 15 bullets served I have no idea.  That's all I know.

However, I do have an opinion of the people who had possession of the tape. IE: The Police chief, the Prosecutor and anyone else who viewed it.  Its called "Withholding Evidence" in a possible crime.  And the Chief and Prosecutor should be in jail as co-conspirators in trying to cover up a felony crime.

ttopcat

« Reply #9 on: 11 25, 15, 10:24:57:PM » Reply

The police claim he had  knife and was within ten feet of them and he failed to drop the knife after being ordered to do so, but a person needs to ask after he went down why did they keep shooting if that's the case, the media spins and lies about these types of things it hard for me to believe one officer shot the boy 17 times , I'm not saying it's impossible it just sounds far fetched that a man with police training would fire that many shots, it don't make sense to me. I guess the truth will come out in the trial!
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #10 on: 11 25, 15, 10:32:25:PM » Reply

The druggie was high on PCP!!!

There was no telling what he was going to do while brandishing his knife.
ttopcat

« Reply #11 on: 11 25, 15, 11:13:45:PM » Reply

He was high on PCP, was he shot with a handgun, a rifle, a shotgun they're not saying.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Lawyer of Chicago officer charged with murder says video is distorted
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory