Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 10:08:18:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662991 Posts in 298834 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: There are some deniers on the right that will dispute this 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print
Author Topic: There are some deniers on the right that will dispute this  (Read 287 times)
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« on: 11 25, 15, 12:24:23:PM » Reply

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20151125/us--consumer_sentiment-cc7023f0d3.html

And some that will hate this.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20151125/us-new-home-sales-db7ad54388.html

D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #1 on: 11 25, 15, 12:34:48:PM » Reply

Tell that to the more than 1/3 of Americans out of the workforce!

No hope, no job, nothing but dependency and desperation!
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #2 on: 11 25, 15, 12:36:50:PM » Reply

Is there any denying this?

Consumer confidence falls hard in November on job market worries.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2015/11/24/consumer-confidence-job-market-economy/76306492/
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #3 on: 11 25, 15, 12:38:58:PM » Reply

(AP) — Americans were more optimistic about their incomes and personal finances this month, particularly among lower and middle-class households, lifting consumers' outlook.

The University of Michigan's consumer sentiment index, released Wednesday, rose to 91.3 in November from 90 in the previous month. That is close to the average for the past six months of 91.6.

Steady hiring and rising wages and salaries are slowly lifting Americans' confidence in the economy, though it remains muted by historical standards. The modest increase suggests consumers could spend more over the coming holiday shopping period.

Among lower and middle-income households, 38 percent expect their personal finances to improve in the coming year, compared with just 29 percent of higher-income households. The outlook for wealthier families appears to have been tempered by recent swings in the stock market.

The report included some cautionary signs for retailers as the winter holiday shopping season gets under way. Consumers at all income levels appear intensely focused on discounts and bargains.

"The insistence of consumers on discounts in prices has rarely been greater in the more than half-century history of the surveys," Richard Curtin, chief economist of the survey, said. The data "indicate the indelible impact that the Great Recession has had in making consumers more cautious spenders."

The University of Michigan survey conflicts with data from the Conference Board, released Tuesday, that showed a sharp drop in confidence in November. The Conference Board's consumer confidence index dropped to 90.4, from 99.1, its lowest level since September 2014.

"Consumer sentiment and confidence indices have been erratic in recent months, but they remain at comparatively healthy levels," Joshua Shapiro, chief economist at MFR Inc., said in a note to clients.

Still, job growth has been healthy and there are signs wages have begun to pick up. Employers added 271,000 jobs in October, the most this year, and the unemployment rate fell to 5 percent from 5.1 percent.

Consumer spending has increased at a healthy pace of 3 percent or above in the past two quarters, though it slowed in October, according to government data released Wednesday.

Yet that also pushed up the savings rate to a healthy 5.6 percent last month. That suggests consumers are in better shape to boost spending over the holidays.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 11 25, 15, 12:42:52:PM » Reply

The Associated Press   
4:25 p.m. EST November 24, 2015

WASHINGTON - Confidence in the economy eroded this month as Americans became more worried about the job market.

A business research group said Tuesday that its consumer confidence index fell to 90.4 in November, down from 99.1 in October. The index is at its lowest level...

Cont @

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2015/11/24/consumer-confidence-job-market-economy/76306492/
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #5 on: 11 25, 15, 12:47:02:PM » Reply

It's great to see you agreeing that the unemployment situation is improving even faster than I thought D2D. Just a little while ago you had it pegged at 43% now you have it improving to 33% Awesome! That's a huge improvement just since July!

http://www.aesopsretreat.com/forum/index.php?topic=211156.msg1690030#msg1690030

Or is it that you don't have a clue what you're posting about?

I'll go with that.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #6 on: 11 25, 15, 12:50:38:PM » Reply

It's amazing.  We have two articles that proclaim two different things.  I guess it boils down to which ones you want to believe, since we can't trust what we read.  Either that or one has to dig deep.  One thing is for sure, consumer confidence in news is pathetically low.
'
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #7 on: 11 25, 15, 12:51:37:PM » Reply

Is there a member of this board that can honestly say that fully a third of the people they know are unwillingly unemployed? If so, where exactly do you live? City and state is close enough. HMMMmmmmmm? I'll wait.
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #8 on: 11 25, 15, 12:53:36:PM » Reply

Chuck, the article I posted does somewhat back up the one Sweetwater posted.

The report included some cautionary signs for retailers as the winter holiday shopping season gets under way. Consumers at all income levels appear intensely focused on discounts and bargains.

"The insistence of consumers on discounts in prices has rarely been greater in the more than half-century history of the surveys," Richard Curtin, chief economist of the survey, said. The data "indicate the indelible impact that the Great Recession has had in making consumers more cautious spenders."

The University of Michigan survey conflicts with data from the Conference Board, released Tuesday, that showed a sharp drop in confidence in November. The Conference Board's consumer confidence index dropped to 90.4, from 99.1, its lowest level since September 2014.

"Consumer sentiment and confidence indices have been erratic in recent months, but they remain at comparatively healthy levels," Joshua Shapiro, chief economist at MFR Inc., said in a note to clients.

Still, job growth has been healthy and there are signs wages have begun to pick up. Employers added 271,000 jobs in October, the most this year, and the unemployment rate fell to 5 percent from 5.1 percent.

Consumer spending has increased at a healthy pace of 3 percent or above in the past two quarters, though it slowed in October, according to government data released Wednesday.

Yet that also pushed up the savings rate to a healthy 5.6 percent last month. That suggests consumers are in better shape to boost spending over the holidays.
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 11 25, 15, 12:58:17:PM » Reply

I need to tell the retired couple across the street to get their lazy asses back to work don't I.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #10 on: 11 25, 15, 01:08:59:PM » Reply

Those of retirement age are not the ones out of the workforce!

It is people 16 to 54 who are out of the workforce!
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 11 25, 15, 01:15:25:PM » Reply

besides your goofy ideas what have you got to back up this idiocy D2?
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: There are some deniers on the right that will dispute this
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory