Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 08:49:37:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660476 Posts in 298591 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: carson on ww2 camps, slavery, and nat amer genocide...not that bad. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print
Author Topic: carson on ww2 camps, slavery, and nat amer genocide...not that bad.  (Read 798 times)
bluespower
Honored Member

« on: 11 24, 15, 10:41:20:PM » Reply

carson and fiorina spoke at a local, wilton, iowa repub rally/wing-ding over the weekend. I didn't see it covered in any national news. 

http://muscatinejournal.com/news/local/muscatine/gop-presidential-hopefuls-draw-huge-crowd-in-wilton-sunday/article_29810989-afa3-50c8-968c-4e5e33af9801.html
darkflower

« Reply #1 on: 11 24, 15, 11:28:11:PM » Reply

"America is such an amazing place and I sometimes get a little bit miffed when i see people criticizing our great nation and claiming we are evil. That we had Japanese internment camps. We had slavery. They massacred the Indians, all kinds of stuff. Well, first of all, there is not in the history of the world a nation that was inhabited by angels," Carson said.

Not bad? More like god awful. Firstly, one need not be an angel to not engage in atrocities. Next of all, the whole point of criticizing past atrocities is to be mindful enough to learn from the past and try to avoid any more atrocities and to be able to recognize them and condemn them when they do happen. If you can't condemn past atrocities you won't condemn present ones either. He just shrugged them off with a total cop out, like meh, nobody's perfect.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #2 on: 11 24, 15, 11:37:39:PM » Reply

Those things were what a few bad Presidents did and should not reflect
On the American People who majority opposed those evil men.

FDR, Lincoln as Lord Acton rightly said "great men are seldom 'good' men"
bluespower
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 11 25, 15, 12:06:54:AM » Reply

the American People did not oppose the actions at the time. the actions were overwhelmingly supported...at the time.

darkflower is right.
to reflect on the events 70 to over 350 years later and say, oh well...that man is not right.

any rational man...let alone someone running for president...should be able to condemn the events without hesitation.   
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #4 on: 11 25, 15, 01:31:49:AM » Reply

Japanese fought their internment through the judicial system but lost in the US Supreme Court.

At the same time many Japanese Americans were fighting in Europe, saved the Texas T-Patch Division from total annihilation and got more medals tan any other division.

Not bad for a bunch of American Gooks.

o7
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #5 on: 11 25, 15, 01:58:12:AM » Reply

If I candidate isn't pronouncing that a lot of things the government is doing, right this very moment, are wrong, he's living in la-la land.
dondc

« Reply #6 on: 11 25, 15, 03:18:51:AM » Reply

442nd Regimental Combat Team most decorated unit of its size. 
They recently received more decorations as well, lot of citations were misplaced or other clerical errors.  That happened a lot to Minority serving in WW II.  I hope we have learned from that.
scott_free
Shoulder fired ground to air missiles have no moral status, since they have no will of their own. Everybody get some.
Honored Member

« Reply #7 on: 11 25, 15, 05:48:45:AM » Reply

It is a lie to say Lincoln was in favor of slavery.  Can any of you slugs read?  Try reading his second inaugural address to see how he really felt about slavery, besides all his other written statements that clearly show the same thing.  But we also have to be, you know, intelligent-  social norms influence even the most liberal and progressive people and their beliefs.  The founding fathers, some of the wisest, most liberal and intelligent thinkers of their time, were opposed to slavery philosophically, but not enough to even free their own slaves (they might have actually felt they were better off at that time in history under their care than in society) or to insist it be prohibited by the Constitution.  And they totally ignored the rights of women, too.  But that was 240 years ago!!  Even most taffy headed right wingers today are against outright slavery and women not being allowed to vote.  FDR and the interment camps is similar....Compared to what the republicans favored, and even some democrats, the interment camps were almost liberal.  And again, remember, this was 70 years ago.  Most of us have evolved as human beings due to society evolving during that time.  Most of us are less racist than our parents, less homophobic, less xenophobic, less islamophobic.  Democrats, anyway. 
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #8 on: 11 25, 15, 06:11:21:AM » Reply

Most of us have evolved as human beings due to society evolving during that time.  Most of us are less racist than our parents, less homophobic, less xenophobic, less islamophobic.  Democrats, anyway.

You are correct short round. Democrats had to change more to catch up with Republicans.

D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #9 on: 11 25, 15, 06:18:05:AM » Reply

"America is such an amazing place and I sometimes get a little bit miffed when i see people criticizing our great nation and claiming we are evil. That we had Japanese internment camps. We had slavery. They massacred the Indians, all kinds of stuff. Well, first of all, there is not in the history of the world a nation that was inhabited by angels," Carson said.

From Blues source!

Seems his quote is a lie!

Why can't liberals be honest about anything?
scott_free
Shoulder fired ground to air missiles have no moral status, since they have no will of their own. Everybody get some.
Honored Member

« Reply #10 on: 11 25, 15, 06:22:19:AM » Reply

For a very brief time in American history, around the Civil War era 150 years ago, up until 80 years ago, republicans were less racist than democrats, generally.  Then they were not, and now, they are more racist by many times.  Southern democrats were not any more racist than republican racists by 80 years ago or so.  And the national democratic party was more liberal, including about race, than the national Republican party.  Local 5th is as confused about this aspect of American history that can easily be proven as he is about white people ever being slaves in this country!!
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #11 on: 11 25, 15, 06:27:45:AM » Reply

For democrats every decision must be based on race and hatred of those they consider "white"!

Little do they know their unreasoning hatred is being used by communist white people!
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: carson on ww2 camps, slavery, and nat amer genocide...not that bad.
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory