Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 06:45:04:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653548 Posts in 297937 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: For the anti-gun crowd 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: For the anti-gun crowd  (Read 2839 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« on: 11 22, 15, 03:00:09:PM » Reply

Here is some logic to dwell on:

Gun control proponents want legislation that will restrict access to firearms. The rationale for such legislation is to reduce accidental shootings and the criminal use of guns against people. But if harm reduction is the goal, policymakers should pause to consider how many crimes--murders, rapes, assaults, robberies--are thwarted by ordinary persons who were fortunate enough to have access to a gun. Gun control proponents cannot deny that people use guns successfully against criminals, but they tend to play down how often such events take place. The purpose of this map is to draw more attention to this aspect of the firearms policy debate.

Two additional points are worth noting. First, the map is not comprehensive. Criminals will often flee the scene when they discover that their intended target has a gun. With no shots fired, no injuries, and no suspect in custody, news organizations may report nothing at all. Thus, it is important to remember that news reports can only provide us with an imperfect picture of defensive gun use in America. Second, when a citizen is able to shoot an attacker or hold a rapist or robber until the police arrive, it is very likely that more than one crime has been prevented because if the culprit had not been stopped, he could have targeted other citizens as well. The bottom line is that gun owners stop a lot of criminal mayhem every year.

http://www.cato.org/guns-and-self-defense
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #1 on: 11 22, 15, 03:03:59:PM » Reply

Sweet emily,
That doesn't feed their narrative that all guns except theirs are evil!
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 11 22, 15, 03:09:58:PM » Reply

You can have a concealed gun as long as you pass the permit requirements.  Registration and permitting should be strict in our country.   Background checks for all gun transactions should be the norm.
gwboolean

« Reply #3 on: 11 22, 15, 03:49:39:PM » Reply

The number of rapes, robberies etc. thwarted by good guys with guns is almost zero Emily (and that is counting over decades).  And your myth about criminals and guns was long ago debunked.  If you are going to blow that smoke out of your ass then you should get your facts straight.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #4 on: 11 22, 15, 03:51:21:PM » Reply

.... should be the norm.

No, none of that should be done, not one, nada

unless you want America to march directly into tyranny

becoming even more of a slave than you already are

FBI REPORT Shows an armed public is a safer public !
Jun 3, 2010 ... (Justifiable homicides result when citizens stop felonious attacks ... 10% annual growth during the 2006-2009 period, crime rates for all four FBI ..

Hardly around zero is it gwboob Huh?
When one wants facts, one finds gwboobian sorely lacking 
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 11 22, 15, 03:53:22:PM » Reply

The anti-gun crown is going to have a hard time changing the Constitution and over 200 years of our liberties with firearms for the good.   The social problem is a separate issue.
gwboolean

« Reply #6 on: 11 22, 15, 03:55:45:PM » Reply

No need to change the constitution Komerade Sweetlips.  All that needs to be done is change the bullshit and wrong interpretation that the supreme court recently put on it.  The constitution does not and never did give you TrEA$on party assholes the right to bear arms.  When we take America back we will also get rid of the people who has turned our constitution upside down.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 11 22, 15, 03:59:05:PM » Reply

Have you turned in your M-2 .50 cal machinegun you claimed you stole and have with you gwb?   Or do you want other people to turn in their firearms and leave yours alone?   I bet you thought I forgot about your bragging about your "Ma-Deuce"...
william H
Honored Member

« Reply #8 on: 11 22, 15, 04:01:15:PM » Reply

You can have a concealed gun as long as you pass the permit requirements.  Registration and permitting should be strict in our country.   Background checks for all gun transactions should be the norm.

Vomit you fucking idiot bastard THESE ARE ALL IN PLACE IN AMERICA NOW FUCKTARD. I have a ccw I passed strict requirements. I just purchased a firearm background checks are required.   TYRONE THE GHETTO NEGRO GANGBANGER JUST BOUGHT A FIREARM HIS NEGRO BUDDIE STOLE NO BACKGROUND CHECK NO CCW AND HE CARRIES IT AROUND CONCEALED SHOOTS MURDERS AND ROBS.

IT'S NOT A GUN PROBLEM IT'S A CRIMINAL PROBLEM DUMB ASS! LAW ABIDING PERSONS ARE THE ONLY PERSONS AFFECTED BY STRICT GUN LAWS NOT CRIMINALS! BAN CRIMINALS AND FUCKING IDIOTS LIKE YOU!
gwboolean

« Reply #9 on: 11 22, 15, 04:10:30:PM » Reply

No I did not Komerade Sweetlips.  I never claimed I stole it, you just made that up.  And since you don't believe it exists then why are you worried about it Komerade Sweetlips?  No one is asking anyone to turn their arms in Komerade Sweetlips.  Why do you keep telling us lies like that when we all know that gun control has nothing to do with that?  Although, since most of you TrEA$on party assholes are seditious treasonous assholes who want to overthrow our government, you really do not have the right to have arms and one of these days, when all of you make the mistake of actually trying to carry out your plan to destroy America, America will quickly pry them from your cold dead hands.
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 11 22, 15, 04:11:11:PM » Reply

Why aren't you for strict national gun laws.  Something to shut down straw buyers, purchases by people who shouldn't own guns, etc.  This wouldn't have much if any effects on legal gun owners.
william H
Honored Member

« Reply #11 on: 11 22, 15, 04:18:29:PM » Reply

Vomit the laws you keep crying about are already on the books already enforced yet "CRIMINALS" get guns you know like mexican cartels get guns to kill AMERICANS from OBAMA!
Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: For the anti-gun crowd
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About