Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 04:20:52:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653516 Posts in 297930 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Carson lied about West Point acceptance 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Carson lied about West Point acceptance  (Read 13793 times)
wvit1001

« on: 11 06, 15, 03:34:46:PM » Reply

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson's campaign said on Friday he never applied nor was accepted to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, apparently contradicting an account in Carson's autobiography that he had been offered a full scholarship by the prestigious school.
The admission, following doubts over some of Carson's other recollections of his youth, could be a setback for the 64-year old retired neurosurgeon's campaign, even as he is tied with rival Donald Trump at the top of Republican presidential primary polls.
The details of a scholarship were included in Carson's account of a meeting with General William Westmoreland in 1969 when Carson was a high school student in the ROTC program, which provides preliminary military training for students interested in becoming officers.
"His Senior Commander was in touch with West Point and told Dr. Carson he could get in, Dr. Carson did not seek admission," campaign spokesman Doug Watts told Reuters in an email.
In Carson's 1990 autobiography, 'Gifted Hands,' he wrote: "Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point." He added that despite turning the offer down, "As overjoyed as I felt to be offered such a scholarship, I wasn't really tempted."
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #1 on: 11 06, 15, 03:38:05:PM » Reply

Took you long enough!

At least no one died because of his lie!

Hillary lied and people died and were falsely imprisoned!

How do you justify that?
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 11 06, 15, 03:40:55:PM » Reply

I thought you like Carson.  Now you find out he's a liar.

I don't think he's a liar, I think he has mental issues.  What else could explain his strange beliefs and complete rejections of historic events?
justincase

« Reply #3 on: 11 06, 15, 03:43:38:PM » Reply

Carson Plummets in Polls Amid Reports He Did Not Stab Anyone

DES MOINES (The Borowitz Report)—New reports indicating that Ben Carson might not have actually stabbed anyone during his youth have sent the retired neurosurgeon plummeting in the latest Republican Presidential polls.

Carson supporters, reeling from the news that their candidate’s past might have been devoid of stabbing, have deserted his candidacy in droves, suggesting that Republican voters viewed Carson’s stabbing as a key part of his résumé.

Indeed, a recent University of Minnesota poll showed that a full third of Carson supporters singled out “his stabbing experience” as a top reason for supporting him for the nation’s highest office.

In Iowa, where Carson was the front-runner before the non-stabbing bombshell hit, voters like Carol Foyler, of Des Moines, expressed dismay and disillusionment that the retired doctor might have fabricated his stabbing exploits to make himself more appealing to Republican voters.

“I was on the fence about Ben Carson, but the stabbing thing really won me over,” she said. “Now, I don’t know what to think.”
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #4 on: 11 06, 15, 03:45:16:PM » Reply

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20151106/us--gop_2016-carson-98702f89ef.html

He seems to be forced to walk back a lot of his statements.
upyrwazoo
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 11 06, 15, 04:48:19:PM » Reply

apparently contradicting an account in Carson's autobiography that he had been offered a full scholarship by the prestigious school.

HE HAD A VERY GOOD ROTC RECORD AND IT IS MORE LIKELY THAN NOT THAT AS A MINORITY WITH GREAT GRADES HE WOULD HAVE BEEN "SCOUTED" FOR THE ACADEMY! FACT IS YOU LIBERALS ASSHOLES NOBODY PAYS TO GO TO WEST POINT OR ANY OTHER SERVICE ACADEMY SO IF HE WAS OFFERED A CHANCE TO GO THERE FREE IT WOULD BE NORMAL FOR A NON MILITARY PERSON TO REFER TO THAT AS A SCHOLARSHIP! YOU FUCKS ON THE LEFT MUST BE VERY SCARED OF CARSON TO HAVE TO REACH FOR SUCH STUPIDITY AS THIS TO TRY AND TAKE HIM DOWN!

HOW ABOUT THE xxxx!! HILLARY AND HER BEING UNDER SNIPER FIRE NOW THERE IS A FLAT OUT LIE!
wxzyw
"Destroy the seed of evil, or it will grow up to your ruin." Aesop

God Bless People of Good Will

« Reply #6 on: 11 06, 15, 04:52:13:PM » Reply

Isn't it amazing how the liberal media can scour and dig and dig and lie about decent political candidates.... and not one iota from the press about Bill Clinton's pedophilia case or Hillary's foundation!

Amazing!
upyrwazoo
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 11 06, 15, 04:57:19:PM » Reply

IT'S A GOOD INDICATOR OF WHO THEY ARE MOST AFRAID OF!
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #8 on: 11 06, 15, 05:12:10:PM » Reply

Carson lied about West Point acceptance

Then it would appear he has some 'splaining to do... Right?
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #9 on: 11 06, 15, 05:15:17:PM » Reply

Why don't you guys tell us whats RIGHT with you candidates rather than whats WRONG with the opposition.  Oh, wait.. I forgot there isn't any with wrong with Hillary or Karl Jr.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #10 on: 11 06, 15, 05:26:18:PM » Reply

A conversation from 1969?

Who would remember something like that with a high degree of accuracy?
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 11 06, 15, 05:27:02:PM » Reply

Hillary will be your next president because she and her husband are patriotic americans trying to do the right thing for our country.
Pages: 1 2 ... 14 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Carson lied about West Point acceptance
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory