Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 01:40:44:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660554 Posts in 298599 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Carson lied about West Point acceptance 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Carson lied about West Point acceptance  (Read 13963 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #24 on: 11 06, 15, 07:12:10:PM » Reply

Ben Carson defended his long-told story of a "scholarship" to West Point today, responding to scrutiny by saying that he merely had received an "informal" offer of a free ride to the military academy.
"Because I had done so extraordinarily well you know I was told that someone like me [could] get a scholarship to West Point," Carson told the New York Times. "It was, you know, an informal ‘with a record like yours we could easily get you a scholarship to West Point.'"
Allies of the former neurosurgeon, who has slowly risen to the top of 2016 Republican primary polls, had been making a similar case all day. The argument -- which depends on a careful parsing of verbs -- is that he never applied, even after being told he'd be a sure-thing candidate. The point, which found many takers in conservative media, was that the controversy could be dismissed as a witch hunt.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/11/06/ben-carsons-allies-defend-west-point-story-he-got-an-offer-did-not-apply/
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #25 on: 11 06, 15, 07:29:25:PM » Reply

Carson stated that he was offered a full scholarship to West Point, in his book.  Fact is, his statement is inaccurate because we was not offered a full scholarship to West Point.

But if Clinton's lies don't mean anything, why should Carson's?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #26 on: 11 06, 15, 07:38:00:PM » Reply

we was not offered a full scholarship to West Point.

Why do you say that?
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #27 on: 11 06, 15, 07:40:56:PM » Reply

It was suggested to him, by a General, that if he applied, he would likely be offered a full scholarship. 
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #28 on: 11 06, 15, 07:44:06:PM » Reply

So he was correct.  And Politico lied.
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #29 on: 11 06, 15, 07:48:33:PM » Reply

wvit,

Why do the polls have the Clinton Crime Family losing to all Republicans except Donald Trump?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #30 on: 11 06, 15, 07:52:36:PM » Reply

Actually, she is losing to Trump too.
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #31 on: 11 06, 15, 09:44:09:PM » Reply

Dan,

The latest poll I saw was them beating Trump by 3 points...so well within the margin of error.  But the FBI is soon going to make a recommendation to prosecute Mrs. Clinton...and if the DOJ refuses...that will hurt her almost as much. 
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #32 on: 11 06, 15, 10:07:38:PM » Reply

but West Point does NOT give scholarships.  If you accepted it is all free, in exchange for military service.

He lied.
KensanIV

« Reply #33 on: 11 06, 15, 10:53:14:PM » Reply

West Point DOES NOT offer scholarships... You HAVE TO BE APPOINTED BY A LOCAL CONGRESSMAN OR SENATOR WHO IS ALLOWED ONE INDIVIDAL APOPOINTMENT PER YEAR.  You would have had to take a pretty serious test before even being offered.  I knew a guy once who was second alternative for the Naval Academy.

Each congressman may select 10 choices for appointments... Thru a series of tests and interviews it is narrowed down to ONE APPOINTMENT... per year.

I would believe if he was as good of a student as I hear he was... It may have been discussed by someone such as a counselor who had no power to obtain it...unless he used a lot of influence.  Most counselors (if they are worth a chit) know about military scholarships... and perhaps he could have been offered a 4 year ROTC scholarship.

I went to a land grant university, as such in those days all male students had to take basic ROTC for two years... It was their choice if they wished to continue into the advanced program which would entitle them to a small stipend for the final two years and a commission in the reserve upon graduation... There was also a possible full ride scholarship for the last two years.. Again one had to apply and take the tests to even get that, as well there was the agreement to get the commission and go on active duty upon graduation.

Had I been offered, I would have gladly have accepted an appt.  Frankly, my grades nor was my HS behavior all that wonderful. I did manage to get a scholarship that paid my tuition and books, I hate to tell you this, but it was $185.00 per semester and we were on a trimester basis.  I as a day student.

I doubt seriously that he told such a lie as to refusing a West Point scholarship.  Those are not offered without application and some genuine desire.

I would suspect he is telling the truth. 
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #34 on: 11 06, 15, 11:05:59:PM » Reply

If he lied about this, and has such other WACKO ideas, like pyramids used for grain,

why should we trust him with nuclear weapons?
KensanIV

« Reply #35 on: 11 07, 15, 11:50:54:AM » Reply

But a dame who has lied just to be lying is okay in your world to be our POTUS.  Your statement tells us more about you than it does about any R running for the office.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 14 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Carson lied about West Point acceptance
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory