Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 02:21:48:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660556 Posts in 298600 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Project Runway 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Project Runway  (Read 132 times)
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« on: 11 06, 15, 12:22:00:PM » Reply

One of my favorite looks from the winner last night.

emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #1 on: 11 06, 15, 07:02:05:PM » Reply

I didn't watch it but that looks good.  I was watching the Brit shows on the public broadcasting network.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 11 07, 15, 11:21:38:AM » Reply

I really only liked Ashley's purple outfit.  Once again PR proved it was about marketability and plus size women make up a huge market share of the clothing industry.  What they don't tell you is that there is already plenty out there for plus sizes, but it's expensive and any designer, like Ashley, will either be relegated to designing like Kelley with  her Walmart meets Studio 54 trashy look, or she'll be so overpriced in the market, the average plus size woman (who, by all information also has a far lower median income) will not be able to afford her stuff.

I was so impressed by Edmond.  And it was pointed out in the critique...he KNOWS how to dress women, how to make them look good.  I loved his collection, it was a runway show, true to form and Candice as well, though her edgy, goth look is more constricted to a certain audience...but the judges talked her out of doing HER collection and I think that's shitty.  Kelly's collection was ugly, through and through.  As the judges said during her first critique, you had $9000 and this is what you spent it on?

I've watched every season and every year it's more difficult to accept the judge's decisions.  A runway show, by nature, is supposed to bring out a designer's most outrageous and highly visible pieces...look at the difference between this year's show and the first season, when Jay McCarroll wowed everyone with his runway show...

Even the music was awful this year.  It was grating and unflattering to the model's movements.

I think it's great Ashley won, but her collection was not my favorite.

I would have chosen Edmond.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #3 on: 11 07, 15, 12:52:48:PM » Reply

I liked the purple one too but was so see through and the model so big it was harder for me to appreciate it. But the lace was divine. As was the pink lace dress on the opening number.  This turquoise one was see through too but the 'smaller' 'plus size' model and the spectacular flower head piece put it over the top for me.

So when they announced the winner I chose my favorite from winner's collection. Didn't like generally the goth girls collection who came in 4th, Edmund who came in 3rd did have some beautiful pieces but didn't seem so original to me

and the fanny pack lol studio 54 streetwear girl who came in 2nd is very creative and out there. I'm thinking all these designers through all the seasons would be fairly to very expensive to buy from; seems that's the nature of the designer business.....although I know Jacqueline Smith for instance put out a Kmart line back in the day.

edit: maybe it was the goth girl who came in 4th and Edmond 3rd, can't remember now.

edit2, wait... switch that. Can't remember who came in 3rd and 4th....
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #4 on: 11 07, 15, 01:02:40:PM » Reply

Looked it up, looks like I remembered correctly then 'cornfused' myself

• WINNER of Project Runway: Ashley
  • ELIMINATED: Kelly (2nd place), Edmond (3rd place), Candice (4th place)
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #5 on: 11 07, 15, 03:24:54:PM » Reply

Rewatched the tape, so glad I did -- not tired and not in the wee hours of the morning this time.
Yes the designers should follow their own voice and not take bad advice.

Goth girls/Candice 4th place,
Really loved that red leather strapless gown & the leather dresses, opening white w/rose one
& show stopper glistening gown at end -- exception was the black/red long dress that had a witches hat look.

Edmond, 3rd place, yes stunning collection! Loved all but the shiny navy balloon short dress.
The opening black number, all the dresses, the white paper-look flowing gown and the black gorgeous show stopper at end.
All so polished.

Kelly/Street 54, 2nd place, club vibe through and through, cool head phone and shades looks, kicky opening jumpsuit and
other jumpsuits and dresses - really liked collection
except that turquoise glitter top and the high waisted hot pants with fanny pack. But did like the gold club gown with fanny pack.

Ashley, winner, it was the show stopper at the end that was so huge but that was the point doing plus...
The purple dress model wasn't any bigger than the others and it was a stunning dress as was the dark teal blue, I think my new favorite. Didn't really care for the light blue mumu/shift short dress or the purple legging one with long pink overtop.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Project Runway
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory