Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 12:00:38:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653724 Posts in 297948 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: 44 percent of Republicans favor a Christian theocracy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: 44 percent of Republicans favor a Christian theocracy  (Read 3822 times)
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #60 on: 11 25, 15, 01:31:16:PM » Reply

White Christians are no longer a majority in the United States.

So? Is that a bigoted victory to you?
1965hawks

« Reply #61 on: 11 25, 15, 04:33:46:PM » Reply

D2D: If true, blah blah blah....

It's true, D2D.
http://www.examiner.com/article/white-christians-no-longer-a-majority-the-u-s-numbers-drop-to-historic-lows

Local5th: So? Is that a bigoted victory for you?

No, Local5th. It's a defeat for the bigoted Republican Party's conservative base.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/05/the_incredible_shrinking_repub.html
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #62 on: 11 25, 15, 04:42:03:PM » Reply

Yet, you are the one who hates "white Christians" so much that you had to start this thread?

Says allot about your bigoted nature toward "white Christians"!
1965hawks

« Reply #63 on: 11 25, 15, 04:46:31:PM » Reply

sweetwater5s9: In U.S., 77% Identify as Christian.

Yeah, sweetwater5s9. But just 46 percent of adults in the U.S. are white Christians, a nine point drop from 2007 when that number was at 55 percent.

White Christians, long considered the bedrock of the GOP's base, are no longer a majority in the United States.

"The results of the latest survey put even more pressure on the Republican party that is struggling to build support in various minority voting groups. "

http://www.examiner.com/article/white-christians-no-longer-a-majority-the-u-s-numbers-drop-to-historic-lows
1965hawks

« Reply #64 on: 11 25, 15, 04:53:00:PM » Reply

D2D: Yet, you are the one who hates "white Christians" so much that you had to start this thread? [sic]

Is that a question or a statement, D2D?

Says allot [sic] about your bigoted nature toward "white Christians"! [sic]

Your attacking straw men--putting your words in your opponent's mouth-- says a lot about your dishonesty, you lying knucklehead.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #65 on: 11 25, 15, 05:00:21:PM » Reply

You are the one delighting in the idea there are fewer "white Christians"!

That makes you a bigot!
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #66 on: 11 25, 15, 06:21:22:PM » Reply

What Sect/Branch of Christianity would be in charge?  Who would be its Leader?

(At least we'd HAVE a Leader in that case!!!!!)
KensanIV

« Reply #67 on: 11 25, 15, 10:55:39:PM » Reply

"KensanIV: I doubt that any [Republican]would come out for a Christian Theocracy if they really understood what it is.

KensanIV, explain why you are doubtful of the survey that found 44% of Republicans polled favoured the idea of establishing a Christian theocracy here in the United States.

We have never really had one in this country, but our founding fathers came mighty close.

I'd rather have a government believing in the values of the Ten Commandants than one that believes in nothing.

Evidently, our republic's founders didn't share your theocratic opinion, KensanIV. Apparently, they thought the American people would be best served by believing in and applying the principles set forth in the Constitution and Bill of Rights they drafted."

So Hawks,  you actually believe that our founding fathers did not have the Ten Commandments as their guide when they made the Constitution and the Bill of Rights?

I will come back with a few facts on that.
KensanIV

« Reply #68 on: 11 25, 15, 11:12:30:PM » Reply

The below is from Snopes...

Obviously Hawkie, you have never looked at the buildings in our nations capitol or from most of the state capitols in this country as to the original founding fathers and their beliefs in a God or a Supreme Being.

Not that much has really changed except many of our liberal citizens who seem to be afraid to take a stand and support a belief that goes back about 200 years years that was accepted by our founding fathers... I guess it is just an inconvenience to stand up And be honest.

Look for the *****.

[FONT=][SIZE=2 abp=358]
Did you know ...

As you walk up the steps to the Capitol Building which houses the Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward with a full frontal view — ****it is Moses and the Ten Commandments!

As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the ****Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door. As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall right above where the Supreme Court judges sit a display of the Ten Commandments!

****There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington, D.C.

James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement "****We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."

Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said, "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians...not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ".

Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher...whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.

******Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established orthodox churches in the colonies.

Thomas Jefferson worried about that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law...an oligarchy...the rule of few over many...

The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said, ****"Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers."

I'm sure we could find many hundreds of other references to the Almighty God and begging for his blessings.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Bob Huntress
Honored Member

« Reply #69 on: 11 26, 15, 12:01:47:AM » Reply

Wvit, I also feel that religious law is bad, yet, liberals are putting Christians in a position where they are to be discriminated or discriminate. Secondly, liberals are abusing religious freedom to conduct crimes that can not be allowed simply on the grounds of faith, such as abortion. Murder is still murder and not a rite that should be protected as religious.
1965hawks

« Reply #70 on: 11 28, 15, 10:06:25:AM » Reply

D2D: You are the one delighting in the idea there are fewer "white Christians"! [sic]  That makes you a bigot[.]

D2D,

At no time have I said I am delighted that there are fewer white Christians in the United states. I cited articles that revealed white Christians are no longer a majority in this country. That's proves you remain a bald-faced liar.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #71 on: 11 28, 15, 10:59:26:AM » Reply

PRINCETON, NJ -- The large majority of Americans -- 77% of the adult population -- identify with a Christian religion, including 52% who are Protestants or some other non-Catholic Christian religion, 23% who are Catholic, and 2% who affiliate with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Another 18% of Americans do not have an explicit religious identity and 5% identify with a non-Christian religion.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159548/identify-christian.aspx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: 44 percent of Republicans favor a Christian theocracy
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory