Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 19, 24, 06:02:04:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2650499 Posts in 297613 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: GeorgeSwibe
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Don't know where to put it? Put it here..  |  Topic: Just for you 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Just for you  (Read 1881 times)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« on: 10 07, 15, 12:52:19:PM » Reply

How to make your own lipstick

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jpLhy0wXOkg" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/jpLhy0wXOkg</a>

pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #1 on: 10 08, 15, 03:10:03:AM » Reply

Just tried to reply on the coffee board after this was moved but locked. Got distracted with the foot thread. If crayons are food grade and since made with coconut oil, could be interesting to try though I usually wear lip gloss so if made could make it more liquidy but for some reason some lip glosses have a nice taste ...remember the old days of cherry chapstick... Crayons might not be for kissing.
This board 'don't know where to put it' had two of some of my fav posts, now gone, that had my most viewed threads, thousands in the Jimmy Stewart ode and something like 5 or 6 thousand views in the landfill orchestra one where those poor people from South America made instruments from discarded materials and made beautiful music. Was so sorry to see all the threads disappear, not just mine but the whole board wiped out to zero.   
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #2 on: 10 08, 15, 03:14:27:AM » Reply

Some of threads and some of the views put back.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 10 08, 15, 04:12:39:PM » Reply

Which are missing?  I don't delete anything. Though on the Animation board I've deleted a few posts because the websites holding the animated GIFs deleted those GIF, creating dead links.  But I've not touched anything on this board.  So, if something is missing, I need to know about it so I can find out whats going on..
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #4 on: 10 08, 15, 10:27:55:PM » Reply

This is too weird. lol I just responded here and it posted, then went to find the thread where takn asked about another board, found it and copied it...here it is

http://www.aesopsretreat.com/forum/index.php?topic=215060.0

then when I came back here, the post I just posted is gone. It must be Halloween here on my computer. oooeeeooo.

Anyway, I posted that it might be on my end or the browsers I'm using. Regardless if I'm reading in Safari, IE or Chrome, for the last few months this board (on my end) read 0 threads, 0 posts though did show Sunshine's name to the penny thread and when clicking on the board it was blank. Until last night when the lipstick thread was moved here, then I saw the thread and I think one other thread. After responding when I refreshed I saw what is here now, more threads, kind of what it used to be before. Ok I'm going to copy this before posting haha incase it disappears; I think my computer is being naughty. 
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 10 09, 15, 05:31:07:AM » Reply

Concerning your own post missing, I don't think you going crazy because I ran into that same problem 3 days ago. I typed up a very large response to another thread in Current Events, but when I clicked save the screen went white and did nothing else.  I had to hit the back button, and of course my very long response was gone.  And there was no way possible I could have duplicated what took me a long time to compose.

I was furious, but I knew what had happened. It was the same problem we had years ago when we first moved to this Web Host.

Each web host has safe guards already in place to keep websites that cater to kids from saying certain words or certain phrases in their message bases.  Well, we don't cater to anyone under 18, but those security measures include us because we are on a shared server. If we had our very own sever (kinda expensive for my pocket change) then we'd never have to worry about that. But, since we are on a shared server then what we have to do is figure out with phrases and which words or word combinations causes the security program (ModSec or Modular security) alarm to go off and block that post from being saved.  In essence we must teach ModSec to lower its Brute Force on our server without affecting the Kiddie Servers.   To do this, I need to contact the Supprt Tecks and let them know what happened, when, and by what IP. They then go into the error logs to find out which part of ModSec was triggered and what triggered it, then add a few instructions into the code to tell it to not trigger so easily if it is our server that tries to trigger it.

Essentially we need to teach the Server that we have more free speech than the Kiddie servers do.   But two years ago we already had all this figured out, and it took us 4 years to do it. But the server we were on at that time took a dump and we had to be moved to a new server. So, we are stuck retraining THIS server what the other server already knew.  Fun - eh? 

But, that my job.

NOW.

OK OK OK.  I know I said I don't delete things. And you caught me.   I actually forgot that I deleted those two Boards because they had not been used for 3 or 4 years.  I thought nobody used them. They were kinda silly anyways. They were just taking up space, and I figured nobody would miss them.  And I was essentially correct, because after I deleted them I forgot all about them!   I don't even remember when I deleted them.  This year?  Last Year?  Who knows.  But you know what,  I should have asked before I deleted an entire board that people put things on.  Lesson learned.  However, those items "Should" still be on the test server at http://www.aesopsretreat.org

pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #6 on: 10 09, 15, 07:55:42:AM » Reply

Sounds tekky.
I remember those days of losing posts and you let everyone know to copy and paste a copy of it before posting to avoid frustration. I should have let you know a few months back when I saw this board go to 0 Posts in 0 Topics but thought you needed to free up space or memory.

The only other thing it could have been last night when I lost my post is because I was so tired (commuting a lot these days) I might have clicked out from 'Preview' as I normally do that - preview - before actually hitting 'Post'.

Anyway, right now (from my end) the outside of this board says
Don't know where to put it? Put it here..
6 Posts in
1 Topics

but looking on the inside it has more posts and topics. But all in all it's just a side board anyway. Current Events and a few others like the Coffee board, etc. are the most active.
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 10 09, 15, 03:57:58:PM » Reply

I ran a Server Maintenance program and it appears to have repaired those numerical errors.  Thanks for letting me know.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Don't know where to put it? Put it here..  |  Topic: Just for you
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory