Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 04:24:16:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653360 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Katie Pavlich:Yes, Obama does want to take your guns 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Katie Pavlich:Yes, Obama does want to take your guns  (Read 67 times)
HK91-762mm

FreePeople are Not Equal,Equal people are Not Free

« on: 10 05, 15, 11:15:17:PM » Reply

By
Katie Pavlich
 -
10/05/15 04:55 PM EDT

Within hours of the killings at Umpqua Community College in Oregon last week, President Obama stepped to the White House lectern, admittedly without all the facts of the case, to shamelessly politicize the tragedy.
“Somebody, somewhere will comment and say, Obama politicized this issue. Well, this is something we should politicize,” he said.
Perhaps Obama’s open politicizing of the issue wasn’t the worst part, but instead it was his intellectual dishonesty when it comes to the “common-sense” gun laws he wants implemented.
“What’s become routine, of course, is the response of those who oppose any kind of common-sense gun legislation. Right now, I can imagine the press releases being cranked out: We need more guns, they’ll argue. Fewer gun safety laws. Does anybody really believe that? There are scores of responsible gun owners in this country — they know that’s not true. We know because of the polling that says the majority of Americans understand we should be changing these laws — including the majority of responsible, law-abiding gun owners,” the president said. “We know that other countries, in response to one mass shooting, have been able to craft laws that almost eliminate mass shootings. Friends of ours, allies of ours — Great Britain, Australia, countries like ours. So we know there are ways to prevent it.”
“We have seatbelt laws because we know it saves lives. So the notion that gun violence is somehow different,” Obama added, “that our freedom and our Constitution prohibits any modest regulation of how we use a deadly weapon, when there are law-abiding gun owners all across the country who could hunt and protect their families and do everything they do under such regulations doesn’t make sense.”
The so-called “common-sense” and “modest” laws in Britain and Australia Obama refers to aren’t common-sense or modest at all, but rather require extreme confiscation and bans.
In 1996, the Australian government confiscated hundreds of thousands of personally owned firearms as part of their new “common-sense” gun control laws. In 1997, British citizens were forced to turn over their handguns for destruction. The prettier and more expensive versions were confiscated and placed in museums. Is this what Obama is suggesting should happen to the estimated 300 million firearms owned by American citizens? Is that what he means by “common sense,” “modest regulation” and “changing our laws?”
HK91-762mm

FreePeople are Not Equal,Equal people are Not Free

« Reply #1 on: 10 05, 15, 11:18:30:PM » Reply

CONT.

Of course it is.
It should be noted that after the Britain handgun ban was implemented, crime committed with guns skyrocketed and the ban has done little to reduce overall homicide rates. The same has been shown for homicides committed with firearms in Australia after the 1996 National Agreement on Firearms.
“The Government’s latest crime figures were condemned as ‘truly terrible’ by the Tories today as it emerged that gun crime in England and Wales soared by 35% last year. Criminals used handguns in 46% more offences, Home Office statistics revealed,” the Daily Mail reported in 2003. “Firearms were used in 9,974 recorded crimes in the 12 months to last April, up from 7,362. It was the fourth consecutive year to see a rise and there were more than 2,200 more gun crimes last year than the previous peak in 1993. Figures showed the number of crimes involving handguns had more than doubled since the post-Dunblane massacre ban on the weapons, from 2,636 in 1997-1998 to 5,871.”
In 2009, the United Kingdom was found to be the most violent country in Europe.
Despite Obama’s claim that pro-Second Amendment groups want less gun safety, the opposite is true. In fact, the National Rifle Association (NRA) and the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) have dedicated millions of dollars, thousands of hours and numerous different resources to gun safety programs and will continue to do so for years to come.
Since 1988, the NRA has offered its Eddie Eagle program to parents and children as a gun safety resource. Since 2003, the NSSF has partnered with more than 15,000 law enforcement agencies in all 50 states to hand out more than 36 million firearm safety kits. As a result of these programs, we’ve seen a 22 percent reduction in fatal firearms accidents over the past decade. Because of this reduction, fatal firearms accidents now make up less than 1 percent of all fatal accidents in the United States.
Further, the NSSF has worked with local state governments in an effort to properly enter mental health information into the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, preventing the mentally ill from getting their hands on a firearm.
Anti-gun groups, most of which are funded by former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, have done little to promote or fund real gun safety programs. While these groups spend millions to exploit tragedy and to infringe on the Second Amendment rights of Americans, the NRA and the NSSF spend millions to keep Americans and their rights safe.
If President Obama had his way, the United States would be just like Britain and Australia, where handguns were confiscated and remain banned with little to show for it. Thankfully, the Second Amendment and the American people will not stand for it.

hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #2 on: 10 06, 15, 07:31:15:AM » Reply

she is a liar, of course.  everything she just said is a lie.  tell me, stupid fuck racist pervert, if obama really wanted to take "your penis substitute pacifiers," why didn't he try harder when he had a democratic congress?  nobody wants a complete gun ban, you chickenshit gun nuts are so scared and timid and paranoid, you think somebody does, at least someone with any real clout or authority.  we want what the majority of all americans want!!  universal background checks.  3 day waiting period.  a ban on assault weapons and high capacity clips. 
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 10 06, 15, 07:37:06:AM » Reply

Thankfully, the Second Amendment and the American people will not stand for it.

Exactly... 
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #4 on: 10 06, 15, 07:38:53:AM » Reply

and no one wants to take them.  you forget that part, chickenshit.  god, you pussies are so easily frightened!!
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 10 06, 15, 07:47:44:AM » Reply

http://www.aesopsretreat.com/forum/index.php?topic=215396.0
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #6 on: 10 06, 15, 09:25:01:AM » Reply

caserio1

it will take time but we'll get them guns.......bet on it
Re: So tell me folks ~~                           
« Reply #18 on: 10 05, 15, 02:02:13:PM »                                                                                 

You bet your arse they want to take your guns.  From forcing you to pay for Planned Parenthood to taking your guns, collectivists are nothing but hard-core thugs.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #7 on: 10 06, 15, 09:37:14:AM » Reply

fuck you.  you are a goddamn chickenshit liar.  go clean your gun, bitch.  spit polish the barrel, bitch.  you know you want to. 
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 10 06, 15, 09:38:37:AM » Reply

If I could’ve gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them — Mr. and Mrs. America turn ‘em all in — I would have done it.  -Sen. Feinstein

The extremist, left-wing media-watching group, Media Matters, proclaimed any thought that progressives want to take guns away is nothing but “fearmongering.”

Senator Feinstein, though, is far more direct. This attempt to hide the left’s true motives is not a tactic that she bothers with. Feinstein is quite open: Her goal, like that of the rest of the left in America, is to undermine the Second Amendment and take away all Americans’ right to own firearms of any kind.

The White House confirmed that President Obama was preparing a series of executive actions on gun control to match his recent passion on the issue after the latest mass shooting in Oregon.
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #9 on: 10 06, 15, 09:39:12:AM » Reply

OOOOO the teabaggee is going out of control as the truth overwhelms him
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #10 on: 10 06, 15, 09:40:42:AM » Reply

They do it the same way they have done everything else they have done -- one baby step after another.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #11 on: 10 06, 15, 09:50:30:AM » Reply

If I could’ve gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them — Mr. and Mrs. America turn ‘em all in — I would have done it.  -Sen. Feinstein

The extremist, left-wing media-watching group, Media Matters, proclaimed any thought that progressives want to take guns away is nothing but “fearmongering.”

The White House confirmed that President Obama was preparing a series of executive actions on gun control to match his recent passion on the issue after the latest mass shooting in Oregon.

another debunked lie taken out of context from chickenshit teabagger jerkwater, as if there is any other kind.  feinstein was talking about banning all assault weapons, dickhead.  i have rubbed your nose in this right wing shit before, bitch....do you just like having your nose rubbed in the right wing shit you spew here, bitch? do you?  here, let me rub your nose in it some more, bitch:

Did Dianne Feinstein say she'd ban all guns if she could?
Discussion in 'Latest Political News and Current Events' started by Arkady, Jun 9, 2014.

Right wingers frequently quote Dianne Feinstein as saying:

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, 'M--Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in,' I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."​

That's an accurate quotation. However, sometimes they goose it up with a bracketed "clarification" to look like this [emphasis added]:

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States, for an outright ban, picking up [every gun]… Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in,' I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."

Whether or not they make that change, though, the point of the quotation is to argue that Dianne Feinstein would, if she thought she could get the votes, support an outright ban of all firearms. This is not, however, a reasonable interpretation of her words.

The context of this is a segment during an August 1, 1999 episode of 60 Minutes called "What Assault Weapons Ban?" The segment was built around criticism of the assault weapons ban on the grounds that it was cosmetic. The segment pointed out that it was still legal to buy, sell, and carry the weapons on the "banned list," since the law only dealt with manufacturing and importation of those weapons. If they'd already been manufactured or imported before the "ban," they could still be legally bought, sold, and carried. Feinstein was challenged about why she'd done the law that way. Here's the relevant part of the transcript.

STAHL: (Voiceover) Now why are all these guns still legal to sell? Because they were made before the law took effect last September. The ban lists 19 guns that can't be made or imported anymore, but those already in circulation? They're fine. So when President Clinton signed the bill and said...

Mr. PERKINS: I presume that most of the distributors and manufacturers saw this thing coming. It's sort of like playing the stock market. You're--you're taking a bet: Will they--will they be banned or will they not be banned? And if you hedge your bets by, you know, stockpiling these things, getting them in the warehouse, getting them manufactured, getting them stamped before the enactment of the bill and it--they are, in fact, banned, then you're going to come out on top. And...

STAHL: And some did that?

Mr. PERKINS: Sure, they did.

STAHL: (Voiceover) California Senator Dianne Feinstein worked for more than a year to get the assault-weapons bill passed, in the face of ferocious opposition from the National Rifle Association. She says she got the best she could.

Senator DIANNE FEINSTEIN (California): If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in,' I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here.​

Whatever you think of gun control and of the supposed secret longings of Democrats to ban all guns, it should be very clear to all honest individuals that Feinstein's "them" in that quotation refers to the 19 guns that were banned from manufacture or importation, not firearms in general. So, let's stop misusing that quotation as if it were an admission of some broader disarmament goal.

http://www.politicaljack.com/threads/did-dianne-feinstein-say-shed-ban-all-guns-if-she-could.70399/
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Katie Pavlich:Yes, Obama does want to take your guns
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory