Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 04:53:39:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662961 Posts in 298829 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Kornholefornia Governor Signs Assisted suicide Bill! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Kornholefornia Governor Signs Assisted suicide Bill!  (Read 53 times)
HK91-762mm

FreePeople are Not Equal,Equal people are Not Free

« on: 10 05, 15, 07:41:46:PM » Reply

Kornholefornia Governor Signs Assisted suicide Bill!

California governor signs right-to-die legislation

OK Jw --Does this mean its ok to shoot yourself in Kornholeville Now

Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation Monday allowing terminally ill people in the nation's most populous state to take their own lives, saying the emotionally charged bill forced him to consider "what I would want in the face of my own death."
Brown, a lifelong Catholic and former Jesuit seminarian, said he acted after discussing the issue with many people, including a Catholic bishop and two of his own doctors.
"I do not know what I would do if I were dying in prolonged and excruciating pain. I am certain, however, that it would be a comfort to be able to consider the options afforded by this bill," the governor wrote in a signing statement that accompanied his signature.

The governor said he would not deny those comforts to others.
The statement was Brown's first comment on the bill, which makes California the fifth state to allow terminally ill patients to use doctor-prescribed drugs to end their lives. The measure applies only to mentally sound people and not those who are depressed or impaired.
State lawmakers passed the bill last month. A previous version failed earlier this year despite the highly publicized case of Brittany Maynard, a 29-year-old California woman with brain cancer who moved to Oregon to end her life.

The measure was brought back as part of a special session intended to address funding shortfalls for Medi-Cal, the state's health insurance program for the poor. The law cannot take effect until the session formally ends, which probably will not happen until at least mid-2016.
Maynard's family attended the legislative debate in California throughout the year. Her mother, Debbie Ziegler, testified in committee hearings and carried a large picture of her daughter.
In a video recorded days before Maynard took life-ending drugs, she told California lawmakers that the terminally ill should not have to "leave their home and community for peace of mind, to escape suffering and to plan for a gentle death."

Religious groups, including the Catholic Church, and advocates for people with disabilities opposed the measure, saying it legalizes premature suicide and puts terminally ill patients at risk for coerced death.
Opponents said they were disappointed that the governor relied so heavily on his personal experience in his decision.
As someone of wealth with access to the world's best medical care, "the governor's background is very different than that of millions of Californians living in health care poverty without that same access," the group Californians Against Assisted Suicide said in a statement that warned of doctors prescribing lethal overdoses to patients who might not truly want them.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #1 on: 10 05, 15, 09:27:20:PM » Reply

Can a Doctor Opt out if they are morally against this?   I'll bet they can....

btw: I'm all for Jury[sic] Brown doing himself in...  Go4It Hippie !
HK91-762mm

FreePeople are Not Equal,Equal people are Not Free

« Reply #2 on: 10 05, 15, 09:32:19:PM » Reply

. They made it legal To Off yourself--WTF--  If you committed suicide  Before this what could they do-- Punish the corpse !!!
justincase

« Reply #3 on: 10 05, 15, 09:39:38:PM » Reply

...The statement was Brown's first comment on the bill, which makes California the fifth state to allow terminally ill patients to use doctor-prescribed drugs to end their lives. The measure applies only to mentally sound people and not those who are depressed or impaired.

It keeps the assisting doctor from being sued or put on trial in criminal court. 
KensanIV

« Reply #4 on: 10 05, 15, 09:44:07:PM » Reply

IF ALL of the registered liberals in that state could decide tomorrow that they wish to commit suicide by reason of insanity or for serious illness.  Would the rest of us in the other 49 states will really care?

They can consult their Doctors or they can do it without medical approval... It really doesn't matter.
caserio1

« Reply #5 on: 10 05, 15, 09:47:23:PM » Reply

oh fer crissakes

grow the hell up

it goes on all the goddam time

sheesh

how dumb can you be ?

now they can't jail the doctor is all and about time too
KensanIV

« Reply #6 on: 10 05, 15, 09:59:05:PM » Reply

Hey there short round, They can be anything they wish to be...If they want to sell their ass to a sperm donor, or do it for free,   or swallow 50 Oxtcotin tablets... Put me in the "I don't care" box.    It really does not matter.  As long as they are willing to do it quietly and without the involvement of the NORMAL folks.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #7 on: 10 05, 15, 10:06:49:PM » Reply

Nobody answered the question:  Can a Doctor Opt out and not be forced to assist if they are morally against this?
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Kornholefornia Governor Signs Assisted suicide Bill!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory