Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 08:20:06:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662228 Posts in 298761 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: GUN FREE ZONES 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: GUN FREE ZONES  (Read 2583 times)
1965hawks

« Reply #24 on: 10 05, 15, 04:40:45:PM » Reply

The gun lobby's biggest lie: The gun-free zone myth.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/gun-free-zones-mass-shootings

The gun lobby's worst lie: Powerless against gun violence.

http://gunlobbywatch.com/2015/06/the-gun-lobbys-worst-lie-powerlessness-against-gun-violence/
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #25 on: 10 05, 15, 05:57:14:PM » Reply

The article doesn't say fewer mass killings have taken place in gun free zones. Does it chickenhawk?

It just makes excuses for the fact they do take place in gun free zones.
1965hawks

« Reply #26 on: 10 05, 15, 06:55:45:PM » Reply

:The article doesn't say fewer mass killings have taken place in gun free zones. Does it chickenhawk? [sic] It just makes excuses for the fact they do take place in gun free zones.

LOCO5th,

Which article are you referring to. I provided two, moron.
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #27 on: 10 05, 15, 07:40:25:PM » Reply

read the federal gun free zone law sometime if you ever learn to read.  it does not change in any way the legal possession of guns in any areas if allowed by any state or municipal law.  you teabaggers have been played by this bullshit for so many years.  read the damn law, or get some 3rd grader to read it and then try to explain it to ya. 

18 U.S.C. § 922(q)(2)(A) states:

It shall be unlawful for any individual knowingly to possess a firearm that has moved in or that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone.

18 U.S.C. § 922(q)(3)(A) states:

Except as provided in subparagraph (B), it shall be unlawful for any person, knowingly or with reckless disregard for the safety of another, to discharge or attempt to discharge a firearm that has moved in or that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce at a place that the person knows is a school zone.

Exceptions[edit]
Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 922(q)(2)(B):

[18 U.S.C. § 922(q)(2)(A)] does not apply to the possession of a firearm—

(i) on private property not part of school grounds;

(ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;

(iii) that is—

(I) not loaded; and

(II) in a locked container, or a locked firearms rack that is on a motor vehicle;

(iv) by an individual for use in a program approved by a school in the school zone;

(v) by an individual in accordance with a contract entered into between a school in the school zone and the individual or an employer of the individual;

(vi) by a law enforcement officer acting in his or her official capacity; or

(vii) that is unloaded and is possessed by an individual while traversing school premises for the purpose of gaining access to public or private lands open to hunting, if the entry on school premises is authorized by school authorities.

Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 922(q)(3)(B):

[18 U.S.C. § 922(q)(3)(A)] does not apply to the discharge of a firearm—

(i) on private property not part of school grounds;

(ii) as part of a program approved by a school in the school zone, by an individual who is participating in the program;

(iii) by an individual in accordance with a contract entered into between a school in a school zone and the individual or an employer of the individual; or

(iv) by a law enforcement officer acting in his or her official capacity.

Definitions
Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(25):

The term "school zone" means—

(A) in, or on the grounds of, a public, parochial or private school; or

(B) within a distance of 1,000 feet from the grounds of a public, parochial or private school.

Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(26) the term "school" means a school which provides elementary or secondary education, as determined under State law.
1965hawks

« Reply #28 on: 10 05, 15, 07:45:09:PM » Reply

jst-the-fax: Are you able to give an example of a mass killing where the victims were armed?

Can you provide evidence of an armed civilian stopping a mass shooting, jst-the-factless?
Baretta19

« Reply #29 on: 10 05, 15, 07:47:35:PM » Reply

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A "GUN FREE ZONE" !
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #30 on: 10 05, 15, 09:23:27:PM » Reply

hawk,

I can set here all day giving you examples of armed citizens stopping your kind with a firearm?

http://gunssavelives.net/category/self-defense/
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #31 on: 10 05, 15, 10:00:55:PM » Reply

Which article are you referring to. I provided two, moron.

The one with "gun free zones" in the title stupid.
1965hawks

« Reply #32 on: 10 06, 15, 12:02:43:PM » Reply

:The one with "gun free zones" in the title stupid. [sic]

Both articles mention gun-free zones. Again: which article are you referring to, you no-reading ass clown.?
1965hawks

« Reply #33 on: 10 06, 15, 12:08:02:PM » Reply

: I can set [sic] here all day giving you examples of armed citizens stopping your kind with a firearm?

Evidently, the only thing you can do while "setting" there all day is hatch a bunch of malarkey. Truth is, you didn't provide a single incident of an armed civilian stopping a mass killing, you blithering IDIOT. Now "set" there  and shut the fuck up, you no-facts moron.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #34 on: 10 06, 15, 12:29:26:PM » Reply

Mass shootings in the United States have at least one thing in common: they all happen in gun free zones.

Moving forward it is important to keep factual and logical arguments in mind to prevent turning even more people into "gun free zone" victims.

That's the whole point of calling the police -- because they have GUNS! And those guns are brought to the scene precisely for the purpose of protecting lives and stopping crime.

Why do we disarm school employees and force them to wait for police help to arrive with their guns? The police almost universally arrive after the victims are dead after being led to slaughter in these failed zones.

This is why schools are the perfect hunting grounds for psychopathic criminals who want to avoid anyone shooting back.

Gun-free zones are criminal protection areas.   Time to end them.
1965hawks

« Reply #35 on: 10 06, 15, 12:44:52:PM » Reply

sweetwater5s9: Mass shootings in the United States have at least one thing in common: they all happen in gun free zones.

Time for you to stop parroting NRA myths, sweetwater5s9.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04/02/1198554/-More-NRA-mythbusting-gun-free-zones-as-a-lure-for-mass-shooters#
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: GUN FREE ZONES
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About