Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 24, 04:12:43:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660975 Posts in 298644 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: So my question is... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: So my question is...  (Read 208 times)
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #12 on: 09 04, 15, 08:19:39:PM » Reply

Since when does the employee get put before a judge for not "doing his job" rather than the employer?
justincase

« Reply #13 on: 09 04, 15, 08:23:36:PM » Reply

When the employee works for the government and refuses to perform her duties. She appealed to that Judge and refused to abide by his ruling. Her crime was refusing to obey the direct order from a Judge.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #14 on: 09 04, 15, 08:27:44:PM » Reply

Her job is not to take orders from the judge, but from her employer.  Her employer is responsible for seeing to it that she does her job.
1965hawks

« Reply #15 on: 09 04, 15, 08:30:03:PM » Reply

To: takn, byte, and chuck

Your questions and comments are irrelevant--i.e. red herrings.

What legal right did Davis have to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples after the US Supreme Court ruled that same-sex marriages are legal throughout the United States. Presumably that includes the Commonwealth of Kentucky, wouldn't you agree? And, in addition to that, What legal right did Davis have to defy an order from the Supreme Court of the United States that she resume issuing marriage licenses?
LadyRavensWing

« Reply #16 on: 09 04, 15, 08:31:59:PM » Reply

Here's the republicans going 'round and round' again.. *rolls eyes*

The judge DID have the authority in this case and made a ruling.

She WAS given an alternative request that she allow the other clerks in her office to sign the certificates and that she not interfere with them doing that...

Davis refused a reasonable request. She was held in contempt of court.

She sits in jail..

Let her sit..

Ldy R.* 
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #17 on: 09 04, 15, 08:37:08:PM » Reply

You go to an agency to perform a service for you and one of the employees of the agency refuses to do the job, you never have standing to take the employee to court, because its the agency you are doing business with.   Davis is not the agency involved here.  She is an employee of the agency, a county agency at all, not a federal agency.
LadyRavensWing

« Reply #18 on: 09 04, 15, 08:42:36:PM » Reply

She us the elected official of that Kentucky county that broke the oath she swore to uphold.

She is the boss of that office and she IS responsible for what goes on in that office.

She was the one who decided to break the law..

She's now sitting in jail in consequence to her foolish actions.

Let her sit..

Ldy R.* 
1965hawks

« Reply #19 on: 09 04, 15, 08:46:09:PM » Reply

chuck_curtis: Her job is not to take orders from the judge, but from her employer.  Her employer is responsible for seeing to it that she does her job.

No, chuck. Davis's job is to do what's she was hired to do, regardless of her personal feelings, beliefs, or opinions. She was not hired to be a judgmental ass hole who used her position to violate the rights of others under the guise of defending her own.

You go to an agency to perform a service for you and one of the employees of the agency rufuses to do the job, you never have standing to take the employee to court, because its the agency you are doing business with.   Davis is not the agency involved here.  She is an employee of the agency, a county agency at all, not a federal agency.

Your argument conveniently omits the fact that Davis acted alone  She acted on hero wn volition to use her governmental position of county clerk to deny same-sex couples their constitutional right to marry; and then, in an incredible act of obstinate stupidity, she had the audacity to defiantly defy an order from what just happens to be the highest court in the land. For that simple reason she was found in contempt and incarcerated. Contempt of court is a very serious offense.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #20 on: 09 04, 15, 08:46:42:PM » Reply

Since (if) she is an elected official, then I can understand the plaintiffs have standing.  That would be key to standing.  In that case she IS the government agency.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #21 on: 09 04, 15, 08:49:32:PM » Reply

WHAT, exactly, is the Fed Law that Ms. Davis violated?

She took an oath to uphold the Laws of Kentucky.  Same sex "marriage" is not legal as written in current Kentucky Law.

In order to be in contempt in a Fed Court, you must have been ordered to obey a particular Fed Law. WHAT IS IT? ? ? ? ? ? ?
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #22 on: 09 04, 15, 10:14:17:PM » Reply

(( In order to be in contempt in a Fed Court, you must have been ordered to obey a particular Fed Law. WHAT IS IT? ? ? ? ? ? ? ))

In ALL 50 States, same sex marriage is LEGAL.  That is federal law.  Federal law, in this case suppercedes State Law.  So "what is it" County Clerks will issue marriage license to same sex couples that want to get married.  That is the federal court law Kim violated.  And that is why she is sitting in jail.  Where she will sit until she can come to grips with reality...
lakitss

« Reply #23 on: 09 04, 15, 10:22:24:PM » Reply

The left must persecute christians, whites and conservatives. It gives their pathetic fucking lives some purpose.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: So my question is...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory