Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 08:15:16:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660462 Posts in 298591 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: It is good. Love prevails. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: It is good. Love prevails.  (Read 2448 times)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #60 on: 09 04, 15, 06:28:16:PM » Reply

Marriage is a right

Chuck,  marriage is just an agreement, not a "Right."  Its not found mentioned anywhere in the Constitution.  Marriage is not a government concept.   Marriage is a "Church" concept. And as with all other religious this that are LEFTsided that falls under Separation of Church and State.  And as long as the Left want to enforce this "Separation of Church and State. " then the government can only issue a Civil Union agreement and not actual Marriage. Marriage is a Church matter. A religious promise between one man and one woman.

Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

« Reply #61 on: 09 04, 15, 06:32:36:PM » Reply

The pursuit of Happiness.  If Happiness is a Right then do I get to enjoy that "Pursuit of Happiness" too?    I do don't I.
Well gay marriage does not make me happy.  So then MY Rights are being violated....
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #62 on: 09 04, 15, 06:44:30:PM » Reply

Marriage is the right to free, mutual association.  A marriage license is a government permit, not a right.
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #63 on: 09 04, 15, 06:45:25:PM » Reply

(( A marriage license isn't; not any more than a drivers license, or a medical license. ))

A drivers license gives you the right to drive a vehicle, legally. A Medical License give you the right to practice Medicine, legally.  A marriage license give you the right to be married, legally.

All those documents are needed to enjoy those rights.  True, they are not rights, only documents, but are needed to take advantage of those rights.

One exception ~ You don't need a Marriage License to be married.  However, if you want to enjoy the extra benefits of a marriage, you need a license...

This is just a laymen's point of view...  I'm not religious nor am I a lawyer.  But I do consider myself as having a acceptable level of common sense.  but then again, that's just me... 
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #64 on: 09 04, 15, 06:54:24:PM » Reply

What "Right" does marriage fall under?  Not pursuit of Happiness because your Rights cannot deny someone else theirs.  Your Right of free speech cannot deny me of mine.  If marriage falls under Right to Happiness then my ex girlfriend marrying someone else deny's me of my happiness.  Therefore, marriage can't be a "Right."  If you have a Right to be married, then any girl denying your proposal would be denying your Rights.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #65 on: 09 04, 15, 07:01:22:PM » Reply

True, they are not rights, only documents, but are needed to take advantage of those rights.

By definition, you don't need a license to exercise your rights.  That would be equivalent to needing a license to speak freely, or to practice your religion.
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

« Reply #66 on: 09 04, 15, 07:03:41:PM » Reply

(( Well gay marriage does not make me happy.  So then MY Rights are being violated.... ))

A "Right" is something that is available to you. You can choose to use it or not. So if you choose NOT to be happy, then you haven't been violated.

Same Sex Marriage is between two people other than myself, So why should I NOT be happy.  I'm a very HAPPY person, no matter what other people do.  So I guess my rights haven't been violated.

I am however, very sorry you are such an un-happy person.  Maybe if you quit worrying about what OTHER people do, you'd be more happy.  jus'athought...
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #67 on: 09 04, 15, 07:20:48:PM » Reply

Precisely.  Then as I said, Happiness is not a Right....  Therefore Marriage cannot be a "Right" either...

JigSaw-II

« Reply #68 on: 09 04, 15, 07:21:14:PM » Reply

(( What "Right" does marriage fall under? )

The right to be married, or not...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(( By definition, you don't need a license to exercise your rights. ))

That's true. But get caught driving without a Drivers License,  etc, etc...

JigSaw-II

« Reply #69 on: 09 04, 15, 07:43:09:PM » Reply

(( If you have a Right to be married, then any girl denying your proposal would be denying your Rights. ))

Just because a girl doesn't want to marry you, doesn't mean you don't have the right to be married.  What you're trying to say is if a girl denying your proposal, mean you can't propose to another girl.

That girl may have taken your right to marry her, but you still have the right to marry someone else...

JigSaw-II

« Reply #70 on: 09 04, 15, 08:01:15:PM » Reply

(( By definition, you don't need a license to exercise your rights. ))

Get caught driving without a license.  You're right to drive could be lost.  So, in this case, Yes you do need a license to exercise your rights...
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #71 on: 09 04, 15, 08:01:41:PM » Reply

gay is not a religion

it's one of God's creations

Prove that...

I know several people who chose that lifestyle, not because they felt compelled by some inner, inherent biological substance, but because they "wanted to try it"...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: It is good. Love prevails.
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory