Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 02:50:37:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: It is good. Love prevails. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: It is good. Love prevails.  (Read 2420 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #12 on: 09 04, 15, 12:54:27:PM » Reply

I certainly don't believe bhs to be a "hater", she has every right to stand up for her beliefs.  Christianity is popular nowadays to be picked on and bashed.  The word hate is bandied about and used so flippantly in unjustifiable ways.

Kim Davis probably did not forsee what would be expected of her in the position of Rowan County Clerk and it went against everything she believed in.  However she was supposed to follow the law and the rules of her employment and it would have been be better for her if she had just resigned on the spot and stated the reasons why, than to have carried on and ended up in jail.
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #13 on: 09 04, 15, 12:57:17:PM » Reply

That would have been the logical and prudent thing to do Emily.
HK91-762mm

FreePeople are Not Equal,Equal people are Not Free

« Reply #14 on: 09 04, 15, 12:59:27:PM » Reply

Love didn't prevail.  Hate for Christianity prevailed.  The all powerful state against individual rights prevailed. 

Got that right --They wanted to shove their agenda UP the ASS [oops they really like that ]of those who they see as against them!

It pretty Easy to figure out Why Obozo supports fags !

I hope this Pushes some to actually VOTE against the fudge packers !!!

* 10153078_10152891421944657_2143458067_n.jpg (47.04 KB, 504x523 - viewed 27 times.)
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #15 on: 09 04, 15, 01:01:49:PM » Reply

Why is it that so many right wingers keep shirtless pictures of Putin on their computers?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #16 on: 09 04, 15, 01:03:52:PM » Reply

I dunno bs - Putin looks quite fat there, I wouldn't say he's attractive by any means, LOL.
willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« Reply #17 on: 09 04, 15, 01:05:25:PM » Reply

Dan- you are familiar with the US Supreme Court and its ruling about same sex marriages, right? Right. Love prevailed, Dan. That's all that matters.

Emily - yes prudently she shoulda resigned. She had a choice. She didn't alter any reality here. All she did was make haters like herself look like the haters they are.

I hope today she is praying on that.

She shoulda RESIGNED. 
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #18 on: 09 04, 15, 01:06:48:PM » Reply

I wouldn't either Emily. It just seems odd to me that so many men that claim to be anti-gay seem to keep shirtless pictures of males on their computers. That is, unless they aren't men, but transgenders.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #19 on: 09 04, 15, 01:09:10:PM » Reply

Sadly, love has nothing to do with it!

Gays were never prevented from living together or loving each other!

This is all about money nothing more and nothing less!
caserio1

« Reply #20 on: 09 04, 15, 01:10:09:PM » Reply

judging someone to be a sinner is the very antithesis of love
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #21 on: 09 04, 15, 01:11:35:PM » Reply

Interesting how some see thuggery as love.   The human mind never ceases to astonish me.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #22 on: 09 04, 15, 01:12:15:PM » Reply

judging someone to be a sinner is the very antithesis of love
Caserio proves his ignorance once again!

Pity him!
bhsgrad1972

There is a SEVERE lack of common sense these days.

« Reply #23 on: 09 04, 15, 01:18:23:PM » Reply

willam, apparently you have forgotten the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. regarding "unjust laws":

http://www.africa.upenn.edu/Articles_Gen/Letter_Birmingham.html

One may well ask: "How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?" The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws.Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St.Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all."

Now, what is the difference between the two? How does one determine whether a law is just or unjust? A just law is a man made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law. . .

. . .  One who breaks an unjust law must do so openly, lovingly, and with a willingness to accept the penalty. I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law.

Of course, there is nothing new about this kind of civil disobedience. It was evidenced sublimely in the refusal of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego to obey the laws of Nebuchadnezzar, on the ground that a higher moral law was at stake. It was practiced superbly by the early Christians, who were willing to face hungry lions and the excruciating pain of chopping blocks rather than submit to certain unjust laws of the Roman Empire. To a degree, academic freedom is a reality today because Socrates practiced civil disobedience. In our own nation, the Boston Tea Party represented a massive act of civil disobedience.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. went to jail to protest against what he believed to be "unjust laws" - and that was based on HIS religious faith and HIS conscience.  Just as Kim Davis is doing, defying MAN's LAW because it conflicts with HER religious faith and HER conscience.  She is taking a stand.  Just as King did.  Yes, the cause is different, but she IS following in his footsteps.  Whether you want to see that or not, that is what is happening.

So don't pray for me.  I'm not "hell bent" on pursuing a "hate agenda".  YOU are fallen into error, and have mistaken the fact of God's love to mean that He APPROVES of the sinful lifestyle of homosexuals.  He most certainly does NOT approve.  He DESTROYED Sodom and Gomorrah because of their sinful lifestyle choices - which included SEXUAL sins.  Do not take this statement to mean that I think God should DESTROY us because of OUR sins.  What I pray for is that He will open the eyes of the Christians that have fallen into error, and now believe that we should not only love the sinner, but uphold and praise the SIN.

Yes, God calls us to love the sinners (ALL of us have sinned, no one save Jesus Christ was, is or ever will be without sin).  He calls us to minister to them.  He does NOT call us to APPROVE of their sins.  He does NOT call us to judge them, but He doesn't want us to mislead them, either, when it comes to their sinful behavior.

Jesus in his life and ministry here on earth DID welcome everyone who came.  That much is true.  But He also told them the TRUTH.  Remember the woman at the well?  She had been married, and was now living with a man not her husband.  She was just at the well to draw water, but what she received was the LIVING WATER that Jesus gave her.  He told her that He KNEW all her sins - ALL OF THEM.  He didn't tippytoe around them, either.  He caused her to face her sins, and make a choice for her life - and then He told her to "go and sin no more".  To SIN NO MORE.  HE - JESUS - told her NOT to go on doing what she had been doing - NOT to do her sinful acts.  He did NOT give his approval to what she had done in her past.  He FORGAVE HER, even as He told her what not to do in the future.

Think on that, and on the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. concerning "unjust laws".
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: It is good. Love prevails.
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory