Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 10:23:32:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662993 Posts in 298834 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: It is good. Love prevails. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: It is good. Love prevails.  (Read 2453 times)
willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« on: 09 04, 15, 11:13:58:AM » Reply

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/with-clerk-jailed-gay-kentucky-couple-gets-marriage-license/ar-AAdWizc

And life goes on.

LOVE is what marriage is all about, after all.

It is good, indeed.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #1 on: 09 04, 15, 11:34:23:AM » Reply

Love didn't prevail.  Hate for Christianity prevailed.  The all powerful state against individual rights prevailed. 
bhsgrad1972

There is a SEVERE lack of common sense these days.

« Reply #2 on: 09 04, 15, 11:35:35:AM » Reply

I disagree.  LOVE had very little to do with this.  When Kim Davis (ironically, a DEMOCRAT) ran for the post of Clerk of Rowan County, homosexual "marriage" was NOT the "law of the land", and she did not KNOW - NO ONE KNEW - that FIVE UNELECTED LAWYERS WOULD MAKE A DECISION IMPACTING MILLIONS OF AMERICANS BASED ON THEIR POLITICAL AGENDA, NOT ON WHAT THE CONSTITUTION ACTUALLY SAYS.  If they HAD based their decision on what the CONSTITUTION ACTUALLY SAYS, they would not have touched these cases with a 10 MILE POLE.  They would have stayed OUT of this, and left this up to the various STATES to decide.  Instead, these FIVE UNELECTED LAWYERS have touched off a WAR OVER RELIGIOUS FREEDOM AND FREEDOM OF CONSCIENCE NOW.  Do you think I am exaggerating?  Just sit back and watch.  There will be more instances where Christians are targeted simply for their faith.

It's POSSIBLE that some of the homosexuals wanting "marriage" licenses in Rowan County, Kentucky, really and truly are NOT part of the Gaystapo, and really and truly do just want to live their lives without all this media coverage.  We have no way to really know just WHO has a political agenda, and who does NOT.

What this proves is that if you want to work for the government, you'd better NOT have a conscience, or religious/moral beliefs.  And IF you have a conscientious objection to military service, you better go to Canada or some other country if they EVER reinstate the draft, because that is now history, too.
willam

« Reply #3 on: 09 04, 15, 12:04:10:PM » Reply

bhs - you can freely hate and be intolerant as a private citizen - Christian or otherwise. You just can't discriminate and engage in contempt of any court system, in any county, in any state - across this great FREE land.

When the day arrived that this county clerk found herself unable to uphold the judicial system she swore to serve and UPHOLD - she was DUTY BOUND to resign.

No one made her engage in contempt of any court system. 

Life goes on. And love did prevail. '

It's not about Christianity, people. It's about LOVE and free persons right to marry.

Lest we forget.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #4 on: 09 04, 15, 12:05:58:PM » Reply

LOVE is what marriage is all about, after all.

Yep, it's not about a permit from your masters.
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #5 on: 09 04, 15, 12:15:04:PM » Reply

She is a modern day George Wallce. democrat or not, she can stay in jail until her clothes and hair-do come back in style, or until she decides to follow the law.
willam

« Reply #6 on: 09 04, 15, 12:18:00:PM » Reply

wmd - well, indeed - the image of George Wallace superimposed over her. You got a match, people. Good one.
bhsgrad1972

« Reply #7 on: 09 04, 15, 12:19:27:PM » Reply

willam, don't you DARE accuse me of "hating" anyone - because that is a LIE that you have bought into.

I don't HATE anyone.  Nor am I "intolerant" (which is another LIE).  I have freely chose to EXERCISE MY CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED RIGHT TO MY RELIGIOUS FAITH - WHICH TEACHES THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN.  It is a BEHAVIOR and a choice.  They are NOT "born that way" - and they can - and many HAVE - choose NOT to indulge in that behavior - just as you and I can choose NOT to lie, or steal, or kill.

I personally know some homosexuals.  I don't treat them any differently than I would treat anyone else I know.  I call some of them FRIENDS (whether you believe that or not, it happens to be true).  The thing is that they are sinners - just as I am and just as EVERY OTHER HUMAN BEING ON THE FACE OF GOD'S EARTH IS A SINNER.  I choose not to CONDONE their BEHAVIOR - just as I would choose not to condone the behavior of a murderer, or a thief - and just as I would expect anyone else NOT to condone MY behavior if I were to engage in sinful acts (whatever they might be).

This entire issue could have been defused years ago, and still could be, if GOVERNMENT WOULD GET COMPLETELY OUT OF THE MARRIAGE BUSINESS.  Issue EVERY COUPLE that wants to be LEGALLY JOINED a license for a domestic partnership (or civil union, if you like those words better).  Then if you want to be MARRIED, go find a church that will perform that ceremony for you.

But, NO, the Gaystapo wants to FORCE those of us who disagree into giving our moral approval.  I will NEVER do that.  If you cannot understand the difference between simply disapproving their lifestyle choices, and "hating" them, I feel sorry for you.  Just don't go accusing me or any other Christian of something we are NOT guilty of.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #8 on: 09 04, 15, 12:22:15:PM » Reply

The haters are the ones who run to the master to punish someone for living according to her principles when they had peaceful, non-violent options.

Whatever love there may be between this thuggish couple, it is not evident to me.
bhsgrad1972

« Reply #9 on: 09 04, 15, 12:29:48:PM » Reply

Look at it this way:  You can either choose to live by GOD's laws, or by MAN's laws.

God is the Master and Creator of the entire UNIVERSE, perfect and holy.  All-knowing, all-powerful, and all-loving.

Man is God's creation.  Flawed and fallen, deceived by Satan, imperfect, limited in knowledge, power and love.

The Bible says that we cannot serve two masters and must choose.
willam

« Reply #10 on: 09 04, 15, 12:35:32:PM » Reply

bhs - I am not retracting a word I stated.

You are the one supplanting God's loving word for a hate agenda you seem "hell bent" (ironically) to pursue.

God help you and heal you. He created you. And he created everyone else too. Including every homosexual. Love is all he asks us to do - love each other. Equally and without discrimination. Jesus said so. Jesus wanted us to BE so. Jesus said to us ALL - come sit beside Him. He welcomed us all - and wished the SAME for us all.

Homosexuals have existed on this earth for all time. God created them, too.  They do not seek nor are they required to ask your permission to simply BE. They owe you no explanation in regard to their lifestyle choices, and they do you nor any other Christian (like me) any harm by freely being who they are - loving caring human beings. 

We live in a secular world that issues those marriage certificates, BHS. Christians who work in the secular world and get their pay pay checks from the judicial system have to adhere to the rules and laws of this secular land. The LAWS the US Supreme Court puts into place -without question.

I am praying for you and all those who think what she did was right. I do not believe MY GOD, who loves us all equally - sees it that way. Nor do you, if you are truly honest with yourself. But that is just my free loving Christian opinion.

A
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #11 on: 09 04, 15, 12:42:41:PM » Reply

You just can't discriminate

Where is the discrimination?  She didn't discriminate against men, women, blacks, whites, Hispanics, Asians. heterosexuals, homosexuals, tall people, short people, thin people, fat people, young, old, disabled or whatever.

ANYONE seeking a license to marry an opposite sex non-relative consenting adult was granted one.  No one was discriminated against.
Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: It is good. Love prevails.
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory