Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 01:37:44:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662681 Posts in 298803 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: 10th Circuit court: Judge David Bunning is an A-hole 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: 10th Circuit court: Judge David Bunning is an A-hole  (Read 220 times)
wxzyw
"Destroy the seed of evil, or it will grow up to your ruin." Aesop

God Bless People of Good Will

« on: 09 04, 15, 11:10:00:AM » Reply

10th Circuit judges shocked by own court's ruling

Bob Unruh On 09/03/2015

Five judges of the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals have issued an opinion that easily could serve as advice for District Judge David Bunning, who found Rowan County, Kentucky, clerk Kim Davis in contempt of court and jailed her Thursday for refusing to violate her faith.

Davis has refused to issue any marriage licenses from her office since the Supreme Court created the right to “same-sex marriage.”

Bunning admitted there was a conflict between Davis’ religious-exercise right and the newly created right. But he refused to consider any accommodation for her and ruled she would have to violate her faith to stay out of jail.

But the 10th Circuit judges’ dissenting opinion Thursday in another case centered on religious rights warns of the dangers of having judges “examine the reasoning behind a religious practice or belief and decide what is core and what is derivative.”

In that case, the Little Sisters of the Poor in Denver object to having a health insurance policy that provides abortion-causing drugs for their employees. The nuns argue that either providing the drugs or authorizing someone else to provide them would violate Catholic doctrine.

The government has been pursuing the Little Sisters because employers are required under Obamacare to provide plans that cover the drugs.

Visit the WND Superstore for the flag every Christian should have.

In the Davis case, the clerk argues authorizing marriage licenses for same-sex couples would violate her exercise of Christian beliefs, which has held for millennia that marriage is the union of one man and one woman.

Regarding the Sisters, the judges concluded the judiciary should not be put in the position of evaluating the reasonableness of religious beliefs.

“Could we really tolerate letting courts examine the reasoning behind a religious practice or belief and decide what is core and what is derivative? A Christian could be required to work on December 25 because, according to a court, his core belief is that he should not work on the anniversary of the birth of Jesus but a history of the calendar and other sources show that Jesus was actually born in March; a December 25 work requirement therefore does not substantially burden his core belief.

“Or a Jewish prisoner could be provided only non-kosher food because the real purpose of biblical dietary laws is health, so long as the pork is well-cooked, etc., the prisoner’s religious beliefs are not substantially burdened,” they wrote.

“The Supreme Court has refused to examine the reasonableness of a sincere religious belief – in particular, the reasonableness of where the believer draws a line between sinful and acceptable – at least since Thomas v. Review Board of Indiana Employment Security Division,” they continued.....

http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/10th-circuit-judges-shocked-by-own-courts-ruling/
wvit1001

« Reply #1 on: 09 04, 15, 11:15:13:AM » Reply

so saying like you are that the other judges were shocked or that they had anything at all to say about the Davis case is a misrepresentation of reality. 

isn't that correct xyz?
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 09 04, 15, 11:15:14:AM » Reply

so saying like you are that the other judges were shocked or that they had anything at all to say about the Davis case is a misrepresentation of reality. 

isn't that correct xyz?
willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« Reply #3 on: 09 04, 15, 11:19:34:AM » Reply

Let the winds howl.

We got over racism, deep deep south - or at least we say we have.

We will bridge the ugly intolerant gap of getting over this choice of ours - to hate others, instead of equally and fairly extend to them - the same rights.

EQUAL RIGHTS. To marry the person they love.

It's as if Kentucky is still pre-civil war and still likes it that way? Hey, lower court justices everywhere, human beings were homosexual and in love with other same sex human beings back then, too.

Get OVER IT, already. Make yourself a stiff mint julep and GET OVER IT.

It's history. And same sex marriage is here to say. It is GOOD.
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #4 on: 09 04, 15, 11:21:52:AM » Reply

She may sit in jail while it takes it's time winding around the system on it's way to the United States Supreme Court. She may grow old... older... waiting. How long do you think her dozens of supporters will hold vigil? A week? A month? Do you think they don't have anything better to do with their time than supporting and protesting for a scofflaw?
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #5 on: 09 04, 15, 11:23:12:AM » Reply

Get OVER IT, already. Make yourself a stiff mint julep and GET OVER IT.

It's history. And same sex marriage is here to say. It is GOOD.

Mint julep??? Count me in!
willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« Reply #6 on: 09 04, 15, 11:29:21:AM » Reply

I would prefer to toast her with a long island tea.

And this is no example of a scofflaw. She had a clear work place choice. She arrogantly chose not to take it.

Resignation.

Those that support her - they can go and re-enact the civil war today and make believe the confederacy won. That's where their intolerant hateful wet dreams live daily - after all.

This criminal engaging county clerk - what should happen is we all stop speaking her name and forget about her - and let her HATEFUL BIGOTED arse rot in jail - where she belongs.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #7 on: 09 04, 15, 11:32:55:AM » Reply

I never thought in America I would ever see an American citizen sent to jail for his/her religious beliefs.

We no longer live in a free country.  We are back to colonial Europe times.
Mystic
Are you dumb all the time or just when I'm around?
Honored Member

My guess is - all the time.

« Reply #8 on: 09 04, 15, 11:33:15:AM » Reply

No, you don't examine nothing, no splitting hair.

Take the simplest approach that fits everybody - you practice your religion privately in your church or home but do not bring it to your job or other public places. That's your freedom, nothing more, nothing less. No right is absolute.
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 09 04, 15, 11:35:08:AM » Reply

she wasn't jailed for her religious beliefs dan.  she was jailed for contempt of court and purposefully not carrying out her oath of office.
caserio1

« Reply #10 on: 09 04, 15, 11:38:59:AM » Reply

poor dan

flummoxed by progress
wmdn_bs

Bob

« Reply #11 on: 09 04, 15, 11:39:24:AM » Reply

I never thought in America I would ever see an American citizen sent to jail for his/her religious beliefs.

And you still haven't.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: 10th Circuit court: Judge David Bunning is an A-hole
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory