Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 06:31:47:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump’s Ridiculous Foreign Policy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Trump’s Ridiculous Foreign Policy  (Read 130 times)
wvit1001

« on: 09 04, 15, 09:49:13:AM » Reply

Trump’s Ridiculous Foreign Policy (In which Trump mistakes Iran's Quds Force for Kurds)

Donald Trump made the mistake of sitting down for an interview with Hugh Hewitt. His grasp on relevant foreign policy details was not very good:

Donald J. Trump revealed gaps in his mastery of international affairs during a radio interview on Thursday, appearing to mistake the Quds Force, an Iranian military group, for the Kurds, a Middle Eastern people, and growing testy over questions about foreign leaders.

“You’re asking me names that — I think it’s somewhat ridiculous,” Mr. Trump told Hugh Hewitt, a popular conservative radio show host. “As far as the individual players, of course I don’t know them. I’ve never met them. I haven’t been, you know, in a position to meet them.”

Each time that he was pressed to demonstrate some relevant knowledge about a particular part of the world, Trump either evaded the question or complained about “gotcha” questions that he refused to answer. As bad as the interview seemed to be for Trump, the striking thing was how often Hewitt was willing to indulge the candidate’s nonsensical answers. For instance, Trump repeated the obvious lie that the nuclear deal would require the U.S. to defend Iran against an attacker. Instead of correcting or challenging him on this plainly absurd and untrue statement, Hewitt approved of Trump’s ridiculous position. Hewitt said:

Later on, when Trump was asked what he would do in the event of a conflict between China and U.S. allies in East Asia, Trump dodged by saying, “You don’t want the other side to know. I don’t want to give you an answer to that.” In other words, Trump had no answer one way or the other, and so he hid behind the pretense that he was concealing a cunning plan that he didn’t want to reveal. Instead of pressing him for an answer, Hewitt nodded along and replied, “Fair response. Good response.” In fact, it was an awful, completely useless response, but Hewitt allowed it to pass without criticism.

As annoyed with Hewitt as Trump might have been by the end, the important thing to remember is that Hewitt indulged and played along with Trump’s ridiculous answers on foreign policy most of the time. In some cases, he endorsed and affirmed those answers despite the fact that they were nonsense. Far from being the “gotcha” interview that Trump whined about, it allowed Trump to dominate the conversation. The fact that Trump still came across sounding ignorant and unqualified is that much more damning.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/trumps-ridiculous-foreign-policy/
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #1 on: 09 04, 15, 10:03:30:AM » Reply

Hillarys foreign policy is written in large checks to her foundation from foreign interests.
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 09 04, 15, 10:07:29:AM » Reply

Is that true boz, or is that just more of your blabbering boobery?
Mystic
Are you dumb all the time or just when I'm around?
Honored Member

My guess is - all the time.

« Reply #3 on: 09 04, 15, 10:18:59:AM » Reply

Not to defend Trump but most current politicians left and right would not know everything they are asked about.

Most of the time they give serious answer to stupid question and everything's peachy, only some are like Sarah you-know-who.
darkflower

« Reply #4 on: 09 04, 15, 12:38:20:PM » Reply

Not knowing something, like leader's names or players, can be easily fixed. Believing something totally false, like his claim about the Iran deal, is dangerous and not as easily fixed. His approach of "keep them in the dark" is also dangerous and stupid and not easily fixed.

And given the things he was given a pass on, his complaint shows he has horribly slanted observations.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #5 on: 09 05, 15, 09:10:35:AM » Reply

Yes, the Obama policy of abject surrender is so much better!
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #6 on: 09 05, 15, 09:20:51:AM » Reply

Most people don't really want the truth. They just want constant assurance that what they believe is the truth.

Quote from a poster found online.

sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 09 05, 15, 09:30:38:AM » Reply

After so many years of Clinton and Hillary our foreign policy is a disaster.   We now know Romney was right.
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #8 on: 09 05, 15, 09:41:37:AM » Reply

Is that true boz, or is that just more of your blabbering boobery?

There are a few participants in this forum to whom truth and honesty not only has no importance, but seems to be complete strangers to the poster. DaBoz is one of them. Yesterday he made the ridiculous claim that Kim Davis had been released from jail. D2D consistently claims meanings that are 100% opposite to the words of the poster. Dan has nothing but the ability to edit the posts of those he disagrees with. SweetWater rarely posts anything in his own words, preferring instead to C&P the opinions of others from right wing blogs an hack sites, oftentimes the same C&P over and over and over again. Sometimes I reply to them just to see how ridiculous their arguments become.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 09 05, 15, 09:48:02:AM » Reply

Your opinions are based on what with current events, wmd?   Just something you conjure up from a vacuum in your own mind?  Perhaps that source is failing you?   Then what?
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #10 on: 09 05, 15, 10:05:06:AM » Reply

When a forum promotes childish content, the children will come to play...

Speaking of children, it's time for this Grandpa to get ready for the Labor Day weekend with the Grandkids, kids and close friends.  Camping, BBQing, Games, swimming, ATVing just for starters.

Everyone here have a great Labor Day Weekend...  sea'ya..
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #11 on: 09 05, 15, 10:06:41:AM » Reply

Have fun ol' Saw. Enjoy the family, friends, bbq, relaxation etc.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump’s Ridiculous Foreign Policy
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About