Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 07:45:42:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660178 Posts in 298560 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Kim Davis IN Custody for Contempt of Court 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Kim Davis IN Custody for Contempt of Court  (Read 23383 times)
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #132 on: 09 05, 15, 10:05:17:AM » Reply

Can't you read D2D? It was a Bush appointee that imprisoned her. Well, that's not exactly true. She imprisoned herself by choosing to be a scofflaw. She holds the keys to the jail cell as well.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #133 on: 09 05, 15, 10:14:28:AM » Reply

He wouldn't have had to if she had been impeached!

You see democrats don't want here impeached as a republican would have been appointed to replace her!

Therefore she was imprisoned until she parrots the party line like a good little drone!
LadyRavensWing

« Reply #134 on: 09 05, 15, 10:16:23:AM » Reply

What bullshit, d2duh..

It's her own fault that she sits in jail right now..

She can't blame anyone or anything but herself and her OWN stupidity..

Dismissed..,

Ldy R.* 
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #135 on: 09 05, 15, 10:21:54:AM » Reply

LRW says sticking to your principles is stupid!

Just what I would expect from a vacuous leftist!
Bob Huntress
Honored Member

« Reply #136 on: 09 05, 15, 10:23:16:AM » Reply

"WHAT IS THE ACTUAL FED LAW THAT SHE VIOLATED? HOW, EXACTLY, DOES IT READ?

Here are more relevant questions: On what legal grounds did Kim Davis base her refusal to deny marriage licenses to same-sex couples after the US Supreme Court ruled that, pursuant to the Fourteenth Amendment, same-sex marriages are legal throughout the United States? And on what legal grounds did Davis base her defiant refusal to obey a Supreme Court Order that she issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples?"

Those are not more relevant questions! I am drinking a cup of coffee with three creams and one sugar. if someone wants to jail me for this the most relevant question is not what legal grounds I excluded the second sugar or included an extra creamer. It would be incumbent on my accuser to show what law I violated.

The irony is that the courts have abandoned every speck of law in pandering to those pushing homosexual marriage. From the administrations refusal to even present the law to the high court the DOMA as was their job, to the Courts recent usurpage of all the states authority as well as sound reason, by making their blanket dictate to imposs gay marriage on all, nothing the courts have done has had even traces of the law
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #137 on: 09 05, 15, 10:56:38:AM » Reply

Equal protection of the laws?

A year after the 14th amendment’s passage, Myra Bradwell tried to apply it to women’s rights. Bradwell, who graduated law school with honors and had passed the bar, challenged the Supreme Court of Illinois’ decision prohibiting her from practicing law in the state.

The case went to the United States Supreme Court with Myra Bradwell arguing that Illinois violated the Fourteenth Amendment’s equal protection provision. The Supreme Court saw otherwise, ruling that the amendment did not apply to women.

Most of those who had argued for women's rights before and during the war had also allied themselves strongly with the movement to abolish slavery, linking the two causes on the basis of natural rights. But now, by the insertion of the word "male" into the amendment, the Constitution would no longer be technically gender-blind, but would actively "disfranchise" women.

The amendment that would guarantee them the right to vote—the 19th—would not become law until 1920.

When the 14th Amendment passed in 1868, it was intended to give former slaves equal protection and voting rights under the law; it was not meant to protect women or any other cause.

The Reconstruction Amendments are the Thirteenth, Fourteenth, and Fifteenth amendments and were passed for former slaves and black rights.

http://teachinghistory.org/history-content/ask-a-historian/23652

caserio1

« Reply #138 on: 09 05, 15, 11:10:08:AM » Reply

davis should stay as long as it takes to make her come to her senses

simple as that
D2D

« Reply #139 on: 09 05, 15, 11:22:55:AM » Reply

davis should stay as long as it takes to make her come to her senses

simple as that
That's it send her to a Party re-education camp!

You never get tired of demonstrating your totalitarian leanings!
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #140 on: 09 05, 15, 11:25:08:AM » Reply

Why did the 14th amendment only give former slaves equal protection under the law when passed in 1868?    When and who changed it to mean something outside of its original intent?
caserio1

« Reply #141 on: 09 05, 15, 11:28:11:AM » Reply

she was told to obey the law

now obey it
D2D

« Reply #142 on: 09 05, 15, 11:37:33:AM » Reply

When will Obama obey the law?

When will Obama enforce our immigration laws?

When will Obama enforce Obamacare as written instead of how he wishes it was written?

Care to answer those questions, Caserio?
August West

« Reply #143 on: 09 05, 15, 11:59:44:AM » Reply

According to Ben Carson, jail will turn poor Kimmy gay!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 24 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Kim Davis IN Custody for Contempt of Court
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory