Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 09:38:24:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662943 Posts in 298826 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Kim Davis IN Custody for Contempt of Court 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Kim Davis IN Custody for Contempt of Court  (Read 23518 times)
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #96 on: 09 04, 15, 02:40:43:PM » Reply

According to the author of the 14th amendment, it was not intended to be for foreigners, so he added the line "... and subject to the jurisdiction thereof."
1965hawks

« Reply #97 on: 09 04, 15, 03:00:31:PM » Reply

Dan: So the problem is with Judge Bunning and his persecution of Christians.

No, Dan. that's not the problem. As is always the case, you're confused again. County Clerk Kim Davis created her own problem by willfully disobeying a court order to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Her being found in contempt has absolutely nothing to do with her being a Christian and, of course, it's not a persecution based on her religious beliefs. Davis was prosecuted for disobeying a court order and jailed for contempt of court.

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/09/kim-davis-jailed-contempt
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #98 on: 09 04, 15, 03:10:32:PM » Reply

So impeach her!

Holding her as a political prisoner will not do anything but prove the totalitarian nature of liberalism!
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #99 on: 09 04, 15, 03:30:19:PM » Reply

No, Dan. that's not the problem.

It is how I see it, Hawk.

County Clerk Kim Davis created her own problem

She created the problem?  She changed the law?  Are you sure about that?  The way I understand it is the law was changed after she took office.

by willfully disobeying a court order

Like I said, the problem is with her persecutor.  She didn't bring this on herself.  It was done TO HER because she CONTINUED doing the job she had always done before the law was changed from under her.

to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

She never swore an oath to do that.  In fact, she swore an oath to defend the law that prohibited same sex marriage.  Now you are asking her to violate her original oath.  You can't force her to do something she never agreed to do.

Now do you understand?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #100 on: 09 04, 15, 03:31:35:PM » Reply

So impeach her!

Holding her as a political prisoner will not do anything but prove the totalitarian nature of liberalism!

Bingo.  She was duly elected by the people of her county.  If they don't like the job she's doing, they can impeach her or vote her out in the next election.
LadyRavensWing

« Reply #101 on: 09 04, 15, 03:33:39:PM » Reply

They won't have to if she is stupid enough to still be sitting in jail for "contempt of court," dan...

Let her sit...

She put herself there by not adhering to a court order..

Stupid.

Dismissed..,

Ldy R.* 
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #102 on: 09 04, 15, 03:35:51:PM » Reply

She put herself there by not adhering to a court order.

No.  The judge put her there because she refused to violate her original oath.......................................................
LadyRavensWing

« Reply #103 on: 09 04, 15, 03:38:12:PM » Reply

No, dan, she DID violate her oath..

Laws change all of the time..

Either you go with it and do your job, or resign and move on to another job..

Are you purposely being obtuse here?

Sounds like it...

Dismissed..,

Ldy R.* 
1965hawks

« Reply #104 on: 09 04, 15, 03:39:19:PM » Reply

Dan: According to the author of the 14th amendment [sic], it was not intended to be for foreigners, so he added the line "... and subject to the jurisdiction thereof."

What line in the Fourteenth Amendment are you referring to, Dan?

Amendment XIV

Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2.
Representatives shall be apportioned among the several states according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each state, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the executive and judicial officers of a state, or the members of the legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such state, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such state.
Section 3.
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4.
The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5.
The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
1965hawks

« Reply #105 on: 09 04, 15, 03:50:28:PM » Reply

Dan: The judge put her there because she refused to violate her original oath....................................................... [sic]

No, Dan. Kim Davis is languishing in the hoosegow because a federal district judge found her in contempt--she willfully disobeyed a court order. Remember?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #106 on: 09 04, 15, 03:56:05:PM » Reply

No, dan, she DID violate her oath.

No, LRW, she never took an oath to uphold same sex marriage.  In fact it was quite the opposite.  She took an oath to defend the law that prohibited same sex marriage................................

Laws change all of the time.

Then produce a new contract with the new duties.  You can't just make a janitor perform open heart surgery without a new contract.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #107 on: 09 04, 15, 03:57:28:PM » Reply

Dan: According to the author of the 14th amendment, it was not intended to be for foreigners, so he added the line "... and subject to the jurisdiction thereof."

What line in the Fourteenth Amendment are you referring to, Dan?

Amendment XIV

Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof

That one.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 24 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Kim Davis IN Custody for Contempt of Court
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory