Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 24, 11:47:27:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2661011 Posts in 298649 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Today's Topic will be the elimination of fat and gluten from your diet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Today's Topic will be the elimination of fat and gluten from your diet  (Read 1524 times)
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« on: 07 30, 10, 08:41:56:AM » Reply

Emily you start the discussion.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 07 30, 10, 10:09:03:AM » Reply

Are you camp counselor now?

LOL

Did you know that there is no such thing as a successful "diet"...

Real weight loss requires a complete lifestyle change.

BTW, eating fresh fruits, veggies and lean meats like chicken and fish are the best ways to remove gluten and fat from your diet...grilling being the preferred method of cooking.

luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 07 30, 10, 10:53:25:AM » Reply

darn... takn... I've been trying to avoid barbeque a lot this year but after this post... I think I will later tonight...

The word ,grill kinda got me started... wait, I'm going to thaw out some meat...and check to see if I have all the ingridents for the sauce...

brb
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 07 30, 10, 10:55:11:AM » Reply

Oh one other thing... I do believe in eating everything but in moderation... portions is the key to maintaining ones weight... so enjoy the fat and the gluten but watch the portions...
mudslinger

« Reply #4 on: 07 30, 10, 12:58:48:PM » Reply

Luv, you get down and give me ten.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: 07 30, 10, 01:16:45:PM » Reply

Mud... consider that most people get enough exercise to burn their daily intake of food...

Exercise more and eat less is my motto... always have been...

but lately.. my knees are a subject of pain and exercise is limited... so portions are so much less but that's ok... I don't like my cooking anyway...

Mud... if I give you  10... won't be able to get up for a minute or 2...lol

One thing for sure... this topic is so important to most people who have gained for so many different reasons... I must say...
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 07 30, 10, 02:24:52:PM » Reply

You can grill anything.  I love making corn on the cob on the grill, shrimp, fish, chicken...no sauce needed.

I grill asparagus all the time.  I make a terrific grilled dill red potatoes.

Here's a great recipe:

4 eye of round steaks, pounded down very thin about a 1/4" thick ( I put mine in a gallon ziploc and use a large mallet, not a meat mallet, but a garage one)
combo of red/yellow/green peppers sliced very thin about 3/4 cup total
1/2 sweet onion sliced thin
1 mushroom per steak, sliced thin
1 slice provolone cheese per steak
1 slice medium cheddar per steak
(I use Tillamook slices)
Lay out the steaks, fill the centers by splitting the onion and peppers between all steaks, add shrooms and cheese, roll the steaks and pin with toothpicks
Prep grill to medium high heat and brush steaks with oil oil...sprinkle with salt pepper and garlic powder.
Grill to preferred doneness, I like mine medium well.

They are yummy, no sauce needed.
mudslinger

« Reply #7 on: 07 30, 10, 02:52:43:PM » Reply

The point here is to eat less not more, it takes one hour of walking briskly to burn 400 calories, it is much easier not to consume the calories to begin with.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 07 30, 10, 04:20:06:PM » Reply

The body still needs a sustainable number of calories to burn as fuel...just like a car, take away the fuel and it doesn't run any longer.

The trick is finding the right balance of high protein, low carbs, calories and fat...

emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #9 on: 07 30, 10, 05:59:09:PM » Reply

I just eat a half portion of everything I like and I walk a few miles every morning.  Now I have an active 2 1/2 year old Airedale who needs a lot of attention I am not still for long - she is keeping me busy.   I also avoid fried foods and a lot of starches.  That's about it for me, but then I have never been on any kind of special diet. 

Sorry I wasn't here this morning!
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 07 30, 10, 06:14:38:PM » Reply

When I began having health problems (well heart, BP and blood clot problems, I already have a slew of others) in 2007 and after my brother's fatal stroke at age 49, I decided a LIFESTYLE change was needed.  I have used every diet known to man and they all worked...for a while...

What it took was the decision that I want to live and live the best life possible.  That meant cutting out junk food, no more fast food, soda pop, candy, process sugars are the worst.  No more baking a cake once a week or cookies every other week, or going out for ice cream.  Because my husband has high BP, cholesterol and is borderline diabetic, it also meant relearning my cooking methods, having been engrained in treating him to his southern mother's best recipes most of our married life...

I have learned to love the grill and love salads...even some fast food joints, McD's and Jack in the box have fantastic grilled chicken southwest salads that I love...and they are filling and healthy.  I have learned to buy only fat free and low cal dressings...fresh lemon and lime are now my cooking and dressing friends...

It really is a lifestyle change and you can still eat hearty and healthy and be happy.  I just passed my 50lb loss mark and can't wait to try for my size 6 again...I know, at my age that may be a pipe dream, but I love the new look and return to feeling great.

Here is a great assistant for portioning...

http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/joybauernutrition/2536/learn-to-recognize-real-portions/

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 07 30, 10, 06:22:38:PM » Reply

Taken...I wear a size 6 and I am almost 56. You can do it.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Today's Topic will be the elimination of fat and gluten from your diet
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory