Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 29, 24, 12:57:32:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663703 Posts in 298900 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Life Without the Possibility of Parole 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Life Without the Possibility of Parole  (Read 11496 times)
justincase

« on: 08 07, 15, 08:11:58:PM » Reply

Jurors in the trial of the Aurora theater shooting in 2012, where 12 people were murdered and 70 others injured was sentenced today to life without the possibility of parole. I was really surprised. Everyone I talked with about the case felt that the jury would come back with the death penalty. I have been following this trial from the beginning and felt that the State presented a very compelling case for death. The only component that could have possibly worked against the State was the mental illness of the defendant.

While I believe that the defendant knew right from wrong and was not "legally insane" at the time of this horrendous slaughter, I still feel like the jury got it right because "that guy" most definitely suffered from severe mental illness. Even the psychiatrists hired by the State agreed that he was mentally ill.

If I were on the jury, I don't think that I could personally give him a death sentence, and I'm someone who stands by capital punishment. I just think there are only very specific situations where it should be applied. This was not one of them.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #1 on: 08 07, 15, 08:42:57:PM » Reply

Justice is served.
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #2 on: 08 07, 15, 08:45:25:PM » Reply

I agree with the jury. It makes fiscal sense as opposed to the millions it would cost to execute him, not to mention the moral sense it makes to not favor state sponsored killing.
HK91-762mm

FreePeople are Not Equal,Equal people are Not Free

« Reply #3 on: 08 07, 15, 08:48:51:PM » Reply

Hoser is already penning Love letters asking to be On his mailing List ! Telling him How Happy he is for him !

Sucks --I was hoping DEATH!!  But Colorado Potville Governor Chickenpooper Has already pissed off the citizens by commuting someone sentenced to death to life refusing to allow the death penalty to be carried out !

Well here is hoping he meets the same end as Jeffery Dolmer !

At least we wont have to listen to this anymore --!!
stretch351c
Contributor

That which does not kill me, had better run

« Reply #4 on: 08 07, 15, 08:52:32:PM » Reply

I support the death penalty as well, but in this case, I agree with justin. Put him in a hole deep that they have to pump in sunshine and forget about him.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #5 on: 08 07, 15, 09:19:38:PM » Reply

There is a lot of evidence that points to 2 shooters. Reports of smoke/gas canisters being thrown from 2 different sides of the room and reports from the survivors of 2 shooters. Especially the 2nd gas mask found outside. He may not of even shot anyone. He could of been drugged while someone wearing the same clothes did the shooting. Holmes also said he doesn't remember the shooting and was asking the prison guards why he was in prison.

The news here interviewed want witnesses that saw multiple shooters and he was part of a DARPA project that manipulates an innocent persons mind withe the effects of certain drugs that were proven to be in his system he had no criminal record he was setup the govt is not your friend wake up ppl, damn.

That sounds a lot like Sandy Hook where a guy ran out of the building and ran into the woods and didn't stop while police chased him. The guy was wearing the same thing as the shooter and the police arrested him before letting him go.

If I was on the jury there is no way I could say that he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt becuase there is a large doubt about the entire story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH7m-YNApU4
justincase

« Reply #6 on: 08 07, 15, 09:29:38:PM » Reply

Oh brother. Mr. Conspiracy Theorist strikes again. 

There is no actual evidence of anything you claim. Holmes acted alone. He preferred to do everything alone. He committed this bloody and horrendous crime ON HIS OWN.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #7 on: 08 07, 15, 09:42:18:PM » Reply

James Holmes(Aurora shooter) father, Robert Holmes, Lead Fraud Scientist for LIDO.

According to Fabian4Liberty, Peter Lanza was scheduled to testify in the ongoing global LIBOR scandal. In what could only be described an amazing coincidence, the father of Colorado Batman shooter James Holmes, Robert Holmes, was also a LIBOR witness in his position with FICO .

According to the link at FICO, Robert Holmes was a ‘Fraud Scientist’.

From Fabain4Liberty:
 The father of Newtown Connecticut school shooter Adam Lanza is Peter Lanza who is a VP and Tax Director at GE Financial. The father of Aurora Colorado movie theater shooter James Holmes is Robert Holmes, the lead scientist for the credit score company FICO.

Both men were to testify before the US Sentate in the ongoing LIBOR scandal.

The London Interbank Offered Rate, known as Libor, is the average interest rate at which banks can borrow from each other. 16 international banks have been implicated in this ongoing scandal, accused of rigging contracts worth trillions of dollars.

HSBC has already been fined $1.9 billion and three of their low level traders arrested

Father of Alleged Connecticut Shooter is VP of GE Capital According to Reports

Echos of the Batman Massacre – James Holmes father a high priest of computer economics at FICO – Allegedly investigating the LIBOR scandal which has indeed faded after the Aurora shootings… GE Capital is onwed by GE – yeah THAT GE that operates outside of the law! Founded by JP Morgan to corner the market in electricity (stolen Tesla patents) – GE is now a media – military industrial complex kingpin! Morgan Stanley has also been implicated in the LIBOR Scandal!

Nothing happens in a vacumn, JustAnAss!!
justincase

« Reply #8 on: 08 07, 15, 09:52:11:PM » Reply

James Holmes(Aurora shooter) father, Robert Holmes, Lead Fraud Scientist for LIDO.

*Insert Twilight Zone theme here* 
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #9 on: 08 07, 15, 09:54:33:PM » Reply

The conundrum is that he was insanely clever.  He plotted and planned his killing spree to even rig his own apartment so that any investigation would be met with explosives.  He is a monster and I sincerely hope that while he is confined for life he will not be successful in any twisted plot to break out.

I would not have anguished if he had received the death penalty though I doubt it would have been carried out.
justincase

« Reply #10 on: 08 07, 15, 09:58:44:PM » Reply

Well, that's another thing, emily. The current governor of Colorado objects to the death penalty, so as long as Hickenlooper is in office, no death penalties will be carried out. However, the lead prosecutor in the Aurora shooting case has plans to run for Governor. The only reason he didn't run this time is because he wanted to prosecute this case.

Should George Brauchler eventually become governor, he will see to it that the death penalty will become active in Colorado.
LadyRavensWing

« Reply #11 on: 08 07, 15, 10:00:57:PM » Reply

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NKmySdCD77Y" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/NKmySdCD77Y</a>

Ldy R.* 
Pages: 1 2 ... 16 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Life Without the Possibility of Parole
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory