Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 10:20:26:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660200 Posts in 298567 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: know anybody with MS 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: know anybody with MS  (Read 129 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 08 04, 15, 05:39:10:PM » Reply

my niece has it and it's a bummer... hard to speak about but she's doing ok but as young as she is I'd hope she would be better...

my understanding is that she will live a normal life span but with the drama of MS... it's hard to see... got pics the other day and we all went into tears...I don't think I will be the same...ever....
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #1 on: 08 04, 15, 06:23:44:PM » Reply

It affects some differently.   Sometimes the symptoms can stay dormant after a while.  It's sometimes referred to as an auto immune disease where the body is attacking itself.  I hope your niece has a mild dose of it and copes well.  I do know a neighbor that has it but it doesn't stop her working.  She takes fish oil and Vitamin D because she says MS can be triggered by not enough of this in the body.  I do know she gets very tired.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #2 on: 08 04, 15, 07:47:00:PM » Reply

I hope your niece beats this. Is this the one they were using bee stings a few years back, something in it was said to help sufferers? It's been years since I was reading about this.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 08 04, 15, 08:19:50:PM » Reply

yeah she did the bee sting thing... I'm not sure if she still does or not...I just saw a pic of her and she looks so... so...her condition has landed her in a rehab... I tell you... my sister is beside herself... I hope I don't have to make a trip to CA anytime soon... but I just talked to my nephew and he's planning a trip in October...I'm at a standstill mode...not knowing what to do... at this point...
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #4 on: 08 04, 15, 08:51:30:PM » Reply

Oh luv, didn't realize this is your sister from CA's daughter. I am so partial & love it here even with all of our problems. Of course I've never lived anywhere else so I'm biased. If your heart is in Tenn....or pink sand Bermuda or Florida, and keeping your home in Ohio, that is where your heart is calling so what could be better than that. But if you do visit --don't know if you have lived here before--would be a nice support for your niece.

I hope you can bring Bigum.....or have a good babysitter. A sitter for bigboy and bigboy watermelon by Oct ')
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #5 on: 08 05, 15, 03:23:01:AM » Reply

One of our neighbors has been undergoing tests to see if she has it.  She has had nothing but health problems for years.  Had to have a hysterectomy at age 30, then had to have bladder repair surgery and then just started losing weight for no reason.  Turned out to be a bad thyroid.  Then the weakness, numbness and vision problems started...so she's been going through test after test...and it's believed she has MS.

I took care of a gentleman at a nursing home who had it.  He was only 45 but was in the advanced stages.  Back in the 70's there wasn't much treatment.  He was so lonely, his wife would only visit about every 2 weeks, so when I would deliver his magazines (I was 14 at the time and a candy striper), I would play cards with him and chat, to the extent he could...a lot of slurred speech and tremors, but he was sharp as a knife and would help me with algebra, which I was flunking at the time.   
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 08 05, 15, 07:26:24:AM » Reply

I'm sos sorry to hear this luv. I hope you can see her.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #7 on: 08 10, 15, 01:10:17:PM » Reply

I try so hard not to be depressed about her condition...but I am... so it's not beating around the bush about that...

And I look at well bodied people... able to do anything and everything because of their physical bodies and the lay around doing nothing...

could it be the same...

either way... it makes me sad....
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 08 10, 15, 01:40:20:PM » Reply

I don't what's worse...that or your mom with Alzheimer's.  MY mom is getting worse all the time...still knows us so that's good.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: know anybody with MS
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory