Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 10:51:11:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660926 Posts in 298643 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Wvit -What will we do? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Wvit -What will we do?  (Read 174 times)
KensanIV

« on: 07 29, 15, 05:02:57:PM » Reply

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/07/29/uk-govt-earth-will-only-have-12-hour-warning-to-deal-with-next-massive-sun/?intcmp=hplnws
wvit1001

« Reply #1 on: 07 29, 15, 06:55:36:PM » Reply

Evidently you haven't read the report, it answers all your questions.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/449593/BIS-15-457-space-weather-preparedness-strategy.pdf
KensanIV

« Reply #2 on: 07 29, 15, 09:09:11:PM » Reply

I didn't wish to read the report... thought I'd just ask our board expert.  Are you certain they have all the answers?
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #3 on: 07 29, 15, 09:38:05:PM » Reply

They have answers, but the solutions in place will only partially deal with the effects.  There will still be months long power outages in some areas.   It's still better than what we have here.  We have transmission lines that are much longer than in the UK.  The ultimate solution is to get every home off the grid and self-supplying energy independently. 
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 07 30, 15, 09:53:45:AM » Reply

How much are you guys willing to spend on this?  You do know are electric infrastructure already has safeguards against power surge don't you.
KensanIV

« Reply #5 on: 07 31, 15, 12:19:34:AM » Reply

150 years or so ago...we didn't even have to worry about it.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #6 on: 07 31, 15, 12:25:55:AM » Reply

My neighbor already has a generator in place for whatever crisis is coming.  We have a generator in our RV and a good supply of gasoline.

I'm more worried about the recent publicity of the 9.0 earthquake that is very overdue on the 600 mile long Cascadia fault line here in the West.  http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/07/20/the-really-big-one[/COLOR]]http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/07/20/the-really-big-one
KensanIV

« Reply #7 on: 07 31, 15, 12:43:16:AM » Reply

That is a major concern... If the big one ever does hit out there... be careful, people will kill you for the generator or the gasoline that you have stored.. if they have to flee that area.

I recall reading a book called "Lufficer's Hammer" years ago about a earthquake that hit in the ocean off the west coast and caused havoc beyond belief among the folks trying to get out of the area and get to the high ground.

I recall being in Palm Springs and talking a cable car ride up the mountain there and looking down on the fault line... that was nice and green with trees and grass while the rest of it was dry and brown.

They had some pretty nice golf courses there that had a special process for growing grass that allowed for the recovery of the water used in keeping it green.  I no longer recall how it worked, but every so often they allowed all the grass to die, and they replanted it.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #8 on: 07 31, 15, 12:56:51:AM » Reply

We went through the Sylmar quake.  We hadn't been in the country very long and had just bought our first house.  We were only 13 miles from the epicenter and had a lot of damage.  Needless to say I wanted to pack up and go home.  Then we went through the Northridge quake and luckily it was early in the morning and the law office where I worked sustained substantial damage.  They were both on the San Andreas fault but this Cascadia fault is so many times worse if it goes and it is 75 years overdue.  The predictions are horrific.
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #9 on: 07 31, 15, 06:03:23:AM » Reply

A large emp pulse from the sun could fry those generators also, Plus the Pumps to get the gas you need are run on electricity and the ethanol fuel has a short shelf life.

They have no answers. They have made the potential problem far worse with the Gas stability problems.
KensanIV

« Reply #10 on: 07 31, 15, 10:01:35:AM » Reply

Emily, the company that I worked for had a large warehouse that was destroyed in the Northridge quake. I was never there, but we had about 80 employees there and many of them lost their homes or had serious damage. 

I share you concern for the predictions... Nature can be a "Mother"!

we were visiting some friends of my father in "beautiful downtown Burbank" and they had hook & eye hardware on all of their kitchen cabinets to keep the dishes from falling out during the small quakes.
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 07 31, 15, 11:13:43:AM » Reply

You old guys will die off first. No air conditioning. No access to your medicines. You may as well just hope you go in the first days.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Wvit -What will we do?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory