Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 02:02:55:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I can hear the concert from my backyard. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: I can hear the concert from my backyard.  (Read 1533 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #12 on: 07 29, 15, 02:51:12:PM » Reply

Those crow videos really made me laugh sun.  I see one of them had a nasty little creature it was destroying and when it was almost done, the other one stole it! What characters they are.   I love the finch and hummingbird pictures too.  You live in such a beautiful area.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #13 on: 07 29, 15, 04:37:29:PM » Reply

Thanks emily...I loved how the one crow snatched the food and ran. Right now I have this little guy sitting in the gazebo...he's  wondering what color to pain his new home.

* IMG_2695.JPG (2601.57 KB, 4000x3000 - viewed 80 times.)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #14 on: 07 29, 15, 05:34:22:PM » Reply

what I hear in hellsville is peace and quiet while the birds are making a mess of the bird seeds it's kinda enjoyable to watch... hell the varmints will clean up the mess surely after night falls... I wish I had a video focused on the show... oh wait... I can... would you watch?... let me know and I'll do everything in my power to put it here... but you have to say you'll watch...cause I don't want to put something on here that folks will ignore...time factors...

anyway... it's really nice today... arthritis is taking a back seat also... where did it go... could it be that the natural heat treatment is working it's magic... wow! and how could that be?Huh?? but I'm not going to focus on that today...

getting ready for my bible study in 30 minutes... and the word today is appreciation....

what do you appreciate in your lives.... the sun, the moon, the stars that shine... the natural water works that abounds us...the plants, the flowers, the trees... life to its fullness... I say... I appreciate it all...

our families... well.. ahem... got to appreciate that fact that they are who they are regardless....huh?

well I do...I really do....

I will have to work on loving my neighbors though....goodness... the trial and tribulations of life is always the hardest...lol but we try don't we?
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #15 on: 07 29, 15, 08:08:09:PM » Reply

I'd watch, Amen sister lol. And would love to see the marigolds, I've always loved their scent, wow. I know it keeps bugs away and just learned about keeping raccoons away reading you say that; haven't seen those critters here, raccoons, but used to see one or two hiking in the mts and at summer camp back in the day.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #16 on: 07 29, 15, 10:04:45:PM » Reply

I'll watch it luv - so go for it!   
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #17 on: 07 29, 15, 10:49:00:PM » Reply

and so I shall...

will set it up in the morning and you then see what I'm talking about...

was out a minute ago just chilling and something entered my driveway and bigum scared it off... don't know could have been a stray cat... rat...crackhead... I'll set everything up in the morning... it may take me all day but it needs to be done anyway....I tell you... it will be a show...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #18 on: 07 30, 15, 05:26:47:AM » Reply

Pacifica....they don't keep bugs away. I found a few Japanese beetles on them yesterday and of course the butterflies and bees love them.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #19 on: 07 30, 15, 06:30:24:AM » Reply

Oh, ok good to know. Japanese beetles? Is that what you said invaded, or could have, the crape myrtle you took out, Sun? I have a soft spot for crape myrtles. My old house had one and some of the homes around here and city sidewalks have some real mature beauties. I'm glad that the bees and butterflies love them, they are such an intoxicating scent! Maybe it was....snails? that are repellent to marigolds? Or good to plant with veg. gardens, I thought I read that a long time ago. Maybe it was not so much to keep bug away but to enhance pollination.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #20 on: 07 30, 15, 06:38:59:AM » Reply

Oh I like your 5 star gazebo for the birdy. lol High end digs!

I saw a bird last night before dark that had feathers that came to a point on its head. It was really fast and pretty, there one second then gone.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #21 on: 07 30, 15, 10:11:24:AM » Reply

Was it like this? A female cardinal??   Crepe myrtles and roses are beetle magnets here.

* IMG_2456.JPG (3817.46 KB, 4000x3000 - viewed 80 times.)
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #22 on: 07 30, 15, 10:18:47:AM » Reply

http://www.seattletimes.com/life/lifestyle/do-marigolds-keep-pests-away-or-are-they-just-pretty/
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #23 on: 07 30, 15, 10:52:10:AM » Reply

squirrels, raccoons..etc

http://www.stretcher.com/stories/06/06jun05a.cfm
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I can hear the concert from my backyard.
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory