Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 03:22:06:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660560 Posts in 298600 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Earth to Mars in just 70 days! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Earth to Mars in just 70 days!  (Read 103 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« on: 07 29, 15, 12:39:22:AM » Reply

Interplanetary travel could be a step closer after scientists confirmed that an electromagnetic propulsion drive, which is fast enough to get to the Moon in four hours, actually works.

The EM Drive was developed by the British inventor Roger Shawyer nearly 15 years ago but was ridiculed at the time as being scientifically impossible.

It produces thrust by using solar power to generate multiple microwaves that move back and forth in an enclosed chamber. This means that until something fails or wears down, theoretically the engine could keep running forever without the need for rocket fuel.

The drive, which has been likened to Star Trek’s Impulse Drive, has left scientists scratching their heads because it defies one of the fundamental concepts of physics – the conservation of momentum – which states that if something is propelled forward, something must be pushed in the opposite direction. So the forces inside the chamber should cancel each other out.

However in recent years Nasa has confirmed that they believe it works and this week Martin Tajmar, a professor and chair for Space Systems at Dresden University of Technology in Germany also showed that it produces thrust.
 The drive is capable of producing thrust several thousand times greater than a standard photon rocket and could get to Mars within 70 days or Pluto within 18 months. A trip to Alpha Centauri, which would take tens of thousands of years to reach right now, could be reached in just 100 years.
 "Our test campaign cannot confirm or refute the claims of the EM Drive but intends to independently assess possible side-effects in the measurements methods used so far," said Prof Tajmar in anew
 "Nevertheless, we do observe thrust close to the actual predictions after eliminating many possible error sources that should warrant further investigation into the phenomena."

"Our measurements reveal thrusts as expected from previous claims after carefully studying thermal and electromagnetic interferences.
 "If true, this could certainly revolutionise space travel."
 Shawyer also claims that he is just a few months away from publishing new results confirming that his drive works in a peer reviewed journal.
 However scientists still have no idea how it actually works. Nasa suggested that it could have something to do with the technology manipulating subatomic particles which constantly pop in and out of existence in empty space.
 Prof Tajmer presented his findings to the 2015 American Institute for Aeronautics and Astronautics' Propulsion and Energy Forum and Exposition this week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/11769030/Impossible-rocket-drive-works-and-could-get-to-Moon-in-four-hours.html

Now even the British have surpassed us in the space race!
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #1 on: 07 29, 15, 06:39:55:AM » Reply

Now even the British have surpassed us in the space race!

I know... it makes me dislike the GOP and their budget cuts even more.
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #2 on: 07 29, 15, 06:42:04:AM » Reply

I was just reading that on another site, Jaw dropping awesome.
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #3 on: 07 29, 15, 06:51:41:AM » Reply

it is hard for a conservative who hates change and loves the status quo to somehow be FOR RESEARCH AND PROGRESS.  it is like asking a racist to be for human rights.  they just do not go together. 
daroadie
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 07 29, 15, 08:26:49:AM » Reply

Very interesting D2D.  It will make the Stirling Engine look like a Beginner.  Great Post.
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 07 29, 15, 08:41:22:AM » Reply

Research is a great thing. But how is capitalism advanced by this discovery?
daroadie
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 07 29, 15, 08:44:58:AM » Reply

Maybe You'll Volunteer to go to Mars Vit.
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 07 29, 15, 08:56:20:AM » Reply

I doubt it. I don't see any reason to go to Mars right now. How would capitalism be advanced by sending people to Mars?
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #8 on: 07 29, 15, 09:04:04:AM » Reply

I doubt it. I don't see any reason to go to Mars right now. How would capitalism be advanced by sending people to Mars?

how short sighted of you.  that is like saying how could going to the moon help capitalism when IT HAD SUCH A MAJOR EFFECT ON ALL TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES THAT EVENTUALLY LED US TO WHERE WE ARE TODAY MUCH FASTER THAN IF WE HAD NOT.  you need to take your conservative blinders off. anything that advances science, that challenges the human race and its best and brightest minds, helps move us toward a better tomorrow. 
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #9 on: 07 29, 15, 09:17:14:AM » Reply

The important question is, how is discovery advanced by capitalism?  The answer is, incredible well.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #10 on: 07 29, 15, 09:29:26:AM » Reply

yeah, i remember all the private funding that made polio research possible.  and all that private funding of NASA.  kind of like when ron paul, dumbass clown who fathered dumbass rand, said health care in this country could be funded by a series of church bake sales.  i bet chuck believed that silly ass bullshit, too!!
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 07 29, 15, 09:34:53:AM » Reply

So government funding of science is really a great thing for our society?
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Earth to Mars in just 70 days!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory