Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 03:39:04:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653506 Posts in 297928 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why Carry a Gun? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Why Carry a Gun?  (Read 1951 times)
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #48 on: 07 29, 15, 04:22:18:PM » Reply

in japan suicide is a religious rite

Suicide is a personal right. Point is it doesn't have shit to do with guns.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #49 on: 07 29, 15, 05:54:43:PM » Reply

in japan suicide is a religious rite

Not since WWII...
caserio1

« Reply #50 on: 07 29, 15, 06:00:17:PM » Reply

how fuckin' dense can you be?

suicide has a different meaning in japan than in the usa

and it doan change by making it illegal
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #51 on: 07 29, 15, 06:02:19:PM » Reply

You missed the fact that you can be very dense, Cas.   I am sure you cannot see it though?
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #52 on: 07 29, 15, 09:01:13:PM » Reply

Suicide is a personal right. Point is it doesn't have shit to do with guns.

well Local5th...my religion has the same, identical positions on suicide and assisted suicide as they do on abortion and murder.

to some extent, you're right.  Americans kill themselves with a variety of methods.  More Americans kill themselves with all those other methods on a per capita basis than any other industrial democracy in the world.

We're #1 in suicide rate in the world...guns just account for two thirds of those suicides.  Guns are more effective in getting the job done.

I believe a lot of troubled people's lives are worth saving from their worst decision in life.

but, if you want to add to the statistics...that's your personal decision.

KensanIV

« Reply #53 on: 07 29, 15, 09:16:41:PM » Reply

If you really want to make sure of killing yourself, put the gun in your mouth and blow out the back of your head...you may get a momentarily metallic taste...but it won't last long.

Why don't you try it JW and let us know what it is like?
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #54 on: 07 29, 15, 11:40:46:PM » Reply

well Local5th...my religion has the same, identical positions on suicide and assisted suicide as they do on abortion and murder.

Mine too JW.

Years ago I found myself sitting on a bed with a gun in my mouth. Fresh out of nam and dealing with a beast inside me. So I understand the reasons on may want to end their life. At the last moment it occurred to me I didn't need to die because of what I was and had done. I would just have to accept the fact I was different and learn to live with it.

For those who couldn't find a reason to live, I'll let God judge.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #55 on: 07 30, 15, 11:49:18:AM » Reply

Jw2 considers suicide a right but seeks to ban the most effective way to conduct it!

Seems he wants lots of failed suicides that places those attempting it permanently on disability and the public dole!
caserio1

« Reply #56 on: 07 30, 15, 12:00:17:PM » Reply

basically in japan suicide is an honorable event (bushido)

in america it's not

it's a part of history
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #57 on: 07 30, 15, 12:19:27:PM » Reply

Japan has a relatively high suicide rate, but the number of suicides is declining and has been under 30,000 for three consecutive years.  Seventy-one percent of suicides in Japan were male, and it is the leading cause of death in men aged 20–44.   In 2014 on average 70 Japanese people committed suicide every day.

Factors in suicide include unemployment (due to the economic recession in the 1990s and in the late 2000s/early 2010s), depression, and social pressures. In 2007, the National Police Agency (NPA) revised the categorization of motives for suicide into a division of 50 reasons with up to three reasons listed for each suicide.  Suicides traced to losing jobs surged 65.3 percent, while those attributed to hardships in life increased 34.3 percent. Depression remained at the top of the list for the third year in a row

In Japanese culture, there is a long history of honorable suicide, such as ritual suicide by Samurai to avoid being captured, flying one's plane into the enemy during WWII, or charging into the enemy fearlessly to prevent bringing shame on one's family.

Cultural tolerance may stem from the historical function of suicide in the military. In feudal Japan, honorable suicide (seppuku) among Samurai (Japanese warrior) was considered a justified response to failure or inevitable defeat in battle.

Although Japanese culture historically permitted more tolerant views on the morality and social acceptability of suicide, the rapid growth in suicide rate since the 1990s has increased public concern about suicide.  In particular, the trend of increased internet usage among adolescents and young adults as well as the rising popularity of websites related to suicide has raised concerns from the public and the media about how internet culture may be contributing to higher suicide rates.

Furthermore, stigma surrounding mental health care still exists in Japan.  Thus, there has been more emphasis on reforming social programs that contribute to economic stability (i.e. welfare) rather than creating specific mental health services.

In 2007, the government released a nine-step plan, a "counter-suicide White Paper", which it hopes will curb suicide by 20% by 2017.

In 2009, the Japanese government committed 15.8 billion yen towards suicide prevention strategies.

Japan has allotted 12.4 billion yen ($133 million) in suicide prevention assets for the 2010 fiscal year ending March 2011, with plans to fund public counseling for those with overwhelming debts and those needing treatment for depression.

No longer considered an "honorable event" in Japan.
caserio1

« Reply #58 on: 07 30, 15, 12:28:23:PM » Reply

good God awmighty

cas said the same thing in one sentence

sheesh
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #59 on: 07 30, 15, 12:38:52:PM » Reply

Furthermore, stigma surrounding mental health care still exists in Japan.  Thus, there has been more emphasis on reforming social programs that contribute to economic stability (i.e. welfare) rather than creating specific mental health services.

In 2007, the government released a nine-step plan, a "counter-suicide White Paper", which it hopes will curb suicide by 20% by 2017.

In 2009, the Japanese government committed 15.8 billion yen towards suicide prevention strategies.

Japan has allotted 12.4 billion yen ($133 million) in suicide prevention assets for the 2010 fiscal year ending March 2011, with plans to fund public counseling for those with overwhelming debts and those needing treatment for depression.

Suicide is no longer considered an "honorable event" in Japan especially since it is due to mental illness.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why Carry a Gun?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory