Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 02:12:29:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Famous lion killed in Zimbabwe 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Famous lion killed in Zimbabwe  (Read 2141 times)
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #60 on: 07 29, 15, 12:45:02:PM » Reply

The professional guides did, with or without the knowledge of the hunter.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #61 on: 07 29, 15, 12:48:52:PM » Reply

DING! DING! DING!!  We have a winner! You could have discovered this fact before by reading one of the articles I cited in this thread.

Apology accepted. 
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #62 on: 07 29, 15, 01:02:11:PM » Reply

I can't believe all the discussion on TV and Radio and the Internet about ONE animal in a jungle in Africa!!!!

You think Mother Teresa was murdered!!!!!!!!

Society needs to get its head on straight!!!!!
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #63 on: 07 29, 15, 01:56:56:PM » Reply

According to police spokeswoman Charity Charamba, Palmer will face charges of poaching, the AP reported. Emmanuel Fundira, the president of the Safari Operators Association of Zimbabwe, said that Palmer's whereabouts are currently unknown.

The two Zimbabwean men facing charges include a landowner and a professional hunter, according to a joint statement from the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority and Safari Operators Association.

Neither of the men had a hunting permit, making the kill illegal, according to the statement.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/07/28/minnesota-dentist-walter-james-palmer-cecil-lion-africa/30785881/
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #64 on: 07 29, 15, 02:39:56:PM » Reply

For all those that don't care about animals this news doesn't affect them. 

For me, who volunteers with animal rescue and donates to the humane society and other animal groups, I have never felt so much disgust for this despicable rich bastard.  The lion was in a protected preserve and expected to live out his days there.  Not so, when there are the likes of trophy hunter Walter Palmer at the ready.

I normally don't like Piers Morgan but his article regarding this trophy killing was very graphic and showed the intensity of feelings towards Dr. Palmer.  I wouldn't want to be him right now.  Here is a portion of the article:

"Dr Palmer is wanted for questioning on suspicion of breaking two laws – deliberately luring an animal from the park to kill it, and removing the lion’s identifying collar (which should have protected Cecil from being hunted), also a breach of the rules.
He and members of his team have been charged and will appear in court next week.
Within hours of his name being revealed today, photos of Dr Palmer with his ‘trophies’ began popping up all over the internet.
The cosmetic dentist gleefully cuddling myriad fabulous animals he’s just killed and mutilated.

He’s just a smirking, vile, callous assassin with no heart, whose shameless boasting of his disgusting exploits is almost as repellent as his exploits
His trusty bow-and-arrows nestled against their still twitching bodies.
Dr Palmer’s beatific smile ever present, those twinkling kindly eyes shining through the camera lens.
The pictures make me puke.
Dr Palmer makes me puke.
He’s just a smirking, vile, callous assassin with no heart, whose shameless boasting of his disgusting exploits is almost as repellent as the exploits themselves.
What he does isn’t ‘hunting’. It’s not a fair fight.
It’s a rich, well-armed man paying a fortune to hire a team of people to lure unsuspecting animals to their certain death. Then ripping them to pieces so their heads and horns can be retained as sickening trophies.
If convicted, Dr Palmer now faces a prison sentence, but captivity seems way too good for him.
Instead, I’d like to introduce a new sport – Big Human Hunting.
I will sell tickets for $50,000 to anyone who wants to come with me and track down fat, greedy, selfish, murderous businessmen like Dr Palmer in their natural habit.
We’d lure him out with bait - in his case I suggest the fresh blood of one of his victims would be very effective as it seems to turn him on so much – and once lured, we would all take a bow and fire a few arrows into his limbs to render him incapable of movement.
Then we’d calmly walk over, skin him alive, cut his head from his neck, and took a bunch of photos of us all grinning inanely at his quivering flesh.
This may sound harsh, but if you ask Dr Palmer, it’s really not."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3177611/PIERS-MORGAN-d-love-hunting-one-day-Dr-Walter-Palmer-killer-dentist-stuff-mount-office.html
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #65 on: 07 29, 15, 02:52:36:PM » Reply

I oppose trophy killing of any animal.    If you are hunting game for food and save a mount from the hunt that is fine but this case is just abuse of an animal.   Even if it was legal under Zimbabwe law which is still very questionable.   
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #66 on: 07 29, 15, 02:53:11:PM » Reply

All this hatred for one hunter who complied with all the necessary hunting regulations.  Yet not a peep about the barbaric practices of Planned Parenthood of picking through dead baby parts to sell to researchers, not to mention the barbaric practice of killing the babies in the womb.
caserio1

« Reply #67 on: 07 29, 15, 02:58:51:PM » Reply

amazing!!

the similarity of hate toward the killer of trayvon martin

is just mind boggling
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #68 on: 07 29, 15, 03:03:14:PM » Reply

Cas is off on another tangent from the thread, lol...   
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #69 on: 07 29, 15, 03:08:14:PM » Reply

the similarity of hate toward the killer of trayvon martin

Who hates him?
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #70 on: 07 29, 15, 03:49:11:PM » Reply

Dan - he didn't comply with the necessary hunting regulations.  He knew what was going on.  He knew the lion was removed from the protected preserve and he also removed his tracking collar.

Planned Parenthood is another subject and yes they have sunk to a new low and it is horrific!
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #71 on: 07 29, 15, 04:03:51:PM » Reply

Dan - he didn't comply with the necessary hunting regulations.  He knew what was going on.  He knew the lion was removed from the protected preserve

How do you know that?  He acquired all the required permits.  Why would he do that unless he wanted to comply with the law?

and he also removed his tracking collar.

He should have returned the tracking collar.  It sounds to me like he joined up with some disreputable hunting guides.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Famous lion killed in Zimbabwe
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About