Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 24, 24, 11:33:19:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662392 Posts in 298779 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: A Belated Happy Anniversary 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: A Belated Happy Anniversary  (Read 2104 times)
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #60 on: 07 29, 15, 02:17:33:PM » Reply

I find your posting short of the truth byte. If not door opeining pads...were I to follow you around for a day, I believe we'd find numerous ADA compliant designs that you benefit from and are simply unaware of it. That's because the law was designed to make those changes gradual, as someone builds something new or does structural improvements.

Neither chuck or you have yet to deliniate what specific "penalties" you object to.

The legislation prohibits discrimination of the disabled.

Here's the US Department of Labor - http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/disability/laws.htm

Here's the EEOC on the Law - http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/history/ada25th/thelaw.cfm

plenty of material on the objective of the legislation - enacted by near unanimous Senate vote and a unanimous vote in the House -

there's regulation.

darn near everyone involved complies.  as they should. 

so what terrible "penalties" can you cite that would cause concern for an overbearing gubberment?

chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #61 on: 07 29, 15, 02:40:09:PM » Reply

The ADA:  "you had better do this, or that, or we will punish you".     

Apr 2014: For the first time in more than a decade, the fines that the federal government can impose for violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act are set to rise.

The U.S. Department of Justice said it will increase the maximum civil penalty to $75,000 for violations of ADA provisions requiring restaurants, movie theaters, schools and other businesses open to the public to be accessible and accommodate people with disabilities. Previously, the maximum was $55,000.

For any subsequent offenses, the fine will jump to $150,000 from a prior cap of $110,000, federal officials said.

The new penalties will apply to violations that occur after April 27.

The increases were announced in a final rule published in late March in the Federal Register and account for changes in inflation since the penalty figures were last set in 1999.

http://www.disabilityscoop.com/2014/04/16/feds-stiffer-ada-penalties/19286/
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #62 on: 07 29, 15, 02:42:50:PM » Reply

Don't you support our diabled GI's, JW?   
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #63 on: 07 29, 15, 09:18:25:PM » Reply

The overwhelming vast majority of public restaurants already comply and have been for years.  Compliance is overwhelming successful.

Places that aren't, have had plenty of warning.  all standard architectural standards these days.  if you don't violate the standards, you don't pay the fine.  if you're business needs those upgrades, that means you haven't upgraded your public establishment in 25 years.  that's a long time to not remodel the restaurant

damn, some of those restaurants should change decor, rugs, other structural improvements on the property.  that's a good sign of economic health and growth of the business.

sorry.  those are standard costs to running a successful business.  that's not an onerous burden. 

In Our View: ADA Changed US for Better

chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #64 on: 07 29, 15, 10:03:36:PM » Reply

It's coercion and plunder, and its wrong.  Apologies, not acceptable.  Good people don't beat their neighbors into submission to suit their will, for any reason other than to protect what is their own to protect.  Shame.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #65 on: 07 30, 15, 11:52:19:AM » Reply

Yep, it is very effective in separating hard working and productive people from their money!
caserio1

« Reply #66 on: 07 30, 15, 12:04:41:PM » Reply

"welfare"of the people

means all the people even the disabled
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #67 on: 07 30, 15, 12:14:56:PM » Reply

Yet, you insist it is not for all people!

You claim it is only for preferred people!
caserio1

« Reply #68 on: 07 30, 15, 12:17:14:PM » Reply

why do you thing you could get away with such shit ?

is cas the only smart person you know?
D2D

« Reply #69 on: 07 30, 15, 12:18:35:PM » Reply

Who does the ADA help other than disabled people?
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #70 on: 07 30, 15, 02:11:39:PM » Reply

nothing is being coerced in any significant way that has any subnative level.

these are civil rights as prescribed in the US Constitution.

nothing is being plundered.  like tobacco taxes, all the penalties in legislation and regulation can be avoided.

great question D2D:

How the Americans With Disabilities Act Helps the Ablebodied

let me add...

for the disabled who live at home...

there are usually care givers.  family members, personal assistants.  most of us find the accomidations for the disabled help us care for those individuals.

I have one co-worker/team member with disabilities.  she walks with two canes.
We work on a second floor.  I use the stairs because I'm old and overweight and need the exercise.  She uses the elevator, because she can't navigate the stairs.  She's an exceptional member of my team.  Helps me, my team and my company make money.  Without ADA compliant building...she doesn't have a job.  No job to support herself means society picks up the tab.

Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #71 on: 07 31, 15, 04:39:41:PM » Reply

gee...I woudda thought by now, one of youse conservatives would have noticed something from the original post picture.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: A Belated Happy Anniversary
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About