Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 04:34:07:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660385 Posts in 298584 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: A Belated Happy Anniversary 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: A Belated Happy Anniversary  (Read 2103 times)
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #12 on: 07 28, 15, 11:56:52:AM » Reply

hard to imagine people actually admitting they do not want handicapped americans to be treated fairly in this country.

They WERE being treated fairly.  It's not the business owners' fault that people are handicapped.  What this law did was mandate SPECIAL ACCOMODATIONS above what able-bodied folks are afforded.

how can you stand yourselves?

Because we don't have your distorted values.  If we were totalitarians who believed it is our duty to meddle and interfere with everyone's lives, dictating to everyone what to do, managing every aspect of their lives, then we would also want to tell businesses how to treat their customers.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.

Ah, but Capitalism is by far the most moral system ever discovered.  Selfishness is what drives doctors to treat the sick. Selfishness is what drives farmers to feed the masses.  Selfishness is what drives people to make smart phones.  Selfishness is what drives teachers to educate children.  Selfishness is what drives construction workers to house the poor.

People seeking out their own selfish interests is what drives us to serve our fellow man.  We don't serve our fellow man by being forced by government.  Involuntary servitude is called SLAVERY!  The ADA is slavery.

You're darn right Capitalism is morally superior, Mr. Galbraith.  It is 100% voluntary.  We work together in harmony, serving each other BECAUSE of our own selfish interests.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #13 on: 07 28, 15, 11:58:14:AM » Reply

Coercion is not morally superior to free will.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #14 on: 07 28, 15, 11:59:21:AM » Reply

ADA has been a GOOD Law for a change!!!  (As long as it isn't abused.)
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #15 on: 07 28, 15, 12:00:45:PM » Reply

special accomodations so they can enter the goddamn building and use the restroom in order to go to work, you silly ass piece of shit!!  what the hell is wrong with you?  what about all the returning vets in wheelchairs bush got maimed in his senseless wars?  should they have to live in poverty and not do whatever job they are capable of doing because entrances to buildings and restrooms in buildings cannot acommodate their wheelchairs?  FUCK YOU, BOY.  you and chuck are chickenshit fake americans.  you are sickening excuses for human beings. 
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #16 on: 07 28, 15, 12:20:35:PM » Reply

special accommodations ...

Should not be mandated by government.  It should be voluntary.  You can't have the government picking winners and losers in a free society.

so they can enter the goddamn building and use the restroom in order to go to work, you silly ass piece of shit!!

I find it pathetic that nancy teabagger can't have a civil conversation using facts and logic.

what the hell is wrong with you?

I am embarrassed for you that you can't have a discussion like a civilized human being.

what about all the returning vets in wheelchairs bush got maimed in his well reasoned truth telling wars?

What about them?

should they have to live in poverty

No.  The government should take care of them.  It's not business owners' fault they got handicapped.  Why burden them when it's not their fault?

and not do whatever job they are capable of doing because entrances to buildings and restrooms in buildings cannot accommodate their wheelchairs?

It's not the business owners' obligation to make special accommodations.  If he wants to do that, he is certainly free to do so and the free market may or may not reward him.

FUCK YOU, BOY.

So sad that you can't have a civil conversation on this (or any) topic.

you chickenshit fake americans.

I feel sorry for you that you can behave like a civil human being.

you are sickening excuses for human beings.

Speaking of sickening excuse for a human being, why can't you just have a civil conversation and present your argument with facts and logic and leave your pathetic personal attacks out of it like a civilized human being?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #17 on: 07 28, 15, 12:22:13:PM » Reply

Now, do you want to talk about this subject using reason and facts?  Or do you want to continue using emotion and personal attacks?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #18 on: 07 28, 15, 12:22:54:PM » Reply

Hoosier, why do you want to bankrupt working people in order to make government and lawyers richer?
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #19 on: 07 28, 15, 12:26:06:PM » Reply

i am using facts, pig.  you are using hate and bigotry to deny americans born with handicaps, or those who develop handicaps, like tens of thousands of veterans, from having the OPPORTUNITY to go to school, to go to work, to use mass transit, like other americans are able to do.  who gives a shit if a company likes it or not? or the people constructing new buildings who decide to save some dough by not making them wheelchair accessible?  fine the shit out of them and make them pay to retrofit it.  you are in a distinct minority on this BECAUSE YOU ARE WRONG AS HELL. 
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #20 on: 07 28, 15, 12:28:05:PM » Reply

who gives a shit if a company likes it or not?

Who gives a chit if you like it or not?  I don't.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #21 on: 07 28, 15, 12:28:24:PM » Reply

In many instances, businesses are opting to get rid of certain amenities altogether because providing the handicapped accommodation is cost prohibitive.  So instead of just handicapped people not being able to enjoy the amenity,  NO ONE gets to enjoy the amenity.

Case in point - regulations written under ADA regulation requires swimming pools to have a specialized lift system to lower disabled people into the water.   Many businesses are opting to get rid of their swimming pools altogether rather than have to conform to this regulation.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #22 on: 07 28, 15, 12:30:19:PM » Reply

The problem is people with 50 year old buildings are being forced to retrofit and being fined severely as a result of the ADA!
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #23 on: 07 28, 15, 12:39:16:PM » Reply

i am using facts, pig.

You are using personal attacks and emotion.  You are not being civil.

you are using hate and bigotry

I am using hate?  Who do I hate?  Businesses?  People who oppose this law?  Are you sure it is I who is doing the hating here?  Your emotions are clouding your judgment.  You are being irrational.  Your hate is not letting you see facts and substance.

to deny americans

Nobody is "denying."  What you want is SPECIAL ACOMMODATION.  Big difference.

Nobody said being handicapped was easy.  It's tough.  But why burden someone who was not responsible for the handicap?  If I have an accident at home and can't do my job anymore, is it my employer's fault?  Should my employer be forced to continue paying my salary if I can't work anymore?  It's not his fault.  It is not his burden to bear.

who gives a shit if a company likes it or not?

That is not the America I live in, where the government tells us what to do rather than we tell the government.

or the people constructing new buildings who decide to save some dough by not making them wheelchair accessible?

Why should they have to?

fine the shit out of them

Why?  It's not their fault that someone can't enter their building.  They can take their business elsewhere if they can't get in.

and make them pay to retrofit it.

Why?

you are in a distinct minority

That's OK.  I have never been susceptible to peer pressure.  I always do what is right even if everyone around me is doing wrong.  Like Minimum Wage.  I know I am right even though most take the opposite view.  I know I'm right about this too.

BECAUSE YOU ARE WRONG AS HELL.

I disagree.  I know that I am right.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: A Belated Happy Anniversary
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA