Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 02:56:34:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662782 Posts in 298813 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Pets  |  Topic: OK, I didn't mean to have a critter. But what could I do? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: OK, I didn't mean to have a critter. But what could I do?  (Read 803 times)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« on: 07 19, 15, 01:07:36:AM » Reply

After returning from camping 2 weeks ago I stopped of at a burger place, ok, it was White Castle. This White Caste is situated in the middle of a Y shaped multi main road with heavy traffic on all three side, a large parking lot (with traffic) at the burger place, and next door is a  very busy Pepboys auto supply and repair.  What do I see scampering across the parking lot?  A lost straggler peeps mallard, with no mother or other ducklings in sight.  What would YOU do?

I(we) captured the poor little thing, (he was rather quick for being to tiny), we tried to find its momma, and ended up taking it home. I called a few places and the best they could tell me was "Good Luck."

So, after watching as many videos as I could find, and reading up on baby mallards and finding out it will take up to 70 days before it can fly, and that it requires 3- to 33% protein in its diet, I purchased the right food (Game Starter Feed) and now I have a critter. I change and clean his environment every day. Washing everything to insure no germs are forming for either him or me. Change of bedding every day. Today I introduced him/her to the bathtub for the first time.  And every time I remove him for the cleaning or anything else he bites me. Well, he thinks he's biting me, but at that age the best he can do is nibble me to death. It tickles more than hurts. But I'll bet that might change one day and I'll need to wear gloves. But Its good he stays wild, because the moment he can fly he gone. I don't want to take the change of domesticating him and having him around all the time.

What would you have done?

This picture shows his growth in just 12 days.

pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #1 on: 07 19, 15, 10:05:44:AM » Reply

Oh my gosh you're a new Dad : ` ) `  He's absolutely Adorable! Quack quack thanks for saving my life he/she said...

We had a family friend who had two geese...and they honked and protected her property like guard dogs.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 07 19, 15, 06:58:36:PM » Reply

When you are ready to have him leave I hope you can find a nice duck pond in a nearby park.  You've been a good Mum.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #3 on: 07 19, 15, 09:21:57:PM » Reply

Well, I've got a wide Creek going through my backyard where other ducks usually land (though they haven't been around much lately), so, maybe a pond elsewhere would be better..
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Pets  |  Topic: OK, I didn't mean to have a critter. But what could I do?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory