Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 10:29:16:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653660 Posts in 297945 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Colorado Court - Use of Public Funds for Private Schools Is Unconstitu 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Colorado Court - Use of Public Funds for Private Schools Is Unconstitu  (Read 12 times)
wvit1001

« on: 06 30, 15, 09:34:06:AM » Reply

Colorado’s highest court on Monday struck down a voucher program that allowed parents in a conservative suburban school district to use taxpayer dollars to send their children to private schools.

The split decision to throw out the voucher program in Douglas County, Colorado’s third-largest school district, was a blow to conservative education advocates and those who want to redefine public education to funnel tax dollars directly to families who then choose the type of schooling they want for their children.

The state’s Supreme Court ruled against the district’s voucher program, which was passed in 2011, saying it violated a plank of the State Constitution that explicitly prevents public money from going to schools “controlled by any church or sectarian denomination whatsoever.”

“This stark constitutional provision makes one thing clear,” Colorado’s chief justice, Nancy E. Rice, wrote in the court’s opinion. “A school district may not aid religious schools.”

The ruling’s immediate effect will be to prevent the district from giving vouchers to families to send their children to any private school, including secular ones. The court’s decision will also stop other school districts around Colorado from pursuing similar voucher programs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/30/us/colorado-court-rules-use-of-public-funds-for-private-schools-is-unconstitutional.html?_r=0
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #1 on: 06 30, 15, 12:10:10:PM » Reply

It seems unconstitutional to me.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Colorado Court - Use of Public Funds for Private Schools Is Unconstitu
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory